Beaver, UTAH

Most Recent Beaver Camping Reviews
Awesome

This camp ground was easily the nicest and most well taken care of on our camping trip! The cleanest bathrooms I’ve ever seen at a camp ground! Staff was super helpful and friendly!

Great location, but a bit crowded

This campground has easy access to All the Cedar Breaks National Monument has to offer! Great sites, although my only complaint is that they are pretty close to one another. Also, there’s only one bathroom which is no fun when you REALLY gotta go. Beautiful views from most sites. Located at 10,000 feet it does get chilly at night. Would stay here again, but maybe on a weekday.

I’ve stayed at the campground many many times. It’s a nice escape from the summer heat. The sites are nicely separated compared to some of the other campgrounds up highway 14. Clean bathrooms with pit toilets. No cell reception (which I appreciate, but some might not). It is close to the highway and you hear cars going by all day. However, it’s quiets down at night. There’s a creek that runs through the campground too!

Family Favorite

We have been coming here since 2005 and each year it gets better. We started with just friends and now we bring the whole family. The fishing is always fantastic in Anderson reservoir. Each of the 10 camp spots has it's own feel from cozy for 2 to group camping for 30. This place has what you need.

Fishing is awesome, but not so much with the vault toilet smell

The reservoir is amazing! You can fish offshore, but it’s best with a float tube. My visit was in Aug 2017.

This campsite is FCFS-no reservations. I believe it’s either 8-9 sites, which are nicely tucked away in large trees and shrubbery. It was damp at this time. We arrived around 11pm, and only had 1 option…next to the vault toilet and road. It was a nice campsite, but the smell of the vault toilet was off-putting. But because we drove a decent distance to be there, we sucked up the smell and eventually the smell went away as long as you were at the site.

Back to the reservoir, it’s so beautiful! There are grazing cows, so be aware of your surroundings.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

WOW

Great spot to relax

Mammoth Creek camping area

This place is absolutely beautiful! Tons of trails around to explore on, multiple places along the creek to check out and explore some more. And if fishing in a creek isn’t your thing Panguitch Lake is about 20 mins north and Duck Creek (which you probably came through) is about 20-30 mins back down the mountain. By far one of favorite places to go!

My favorite campground!

This place is seriously my favorite campground. A visit/stay during the wild flower season is something you’ll never forget. It is the perfect peaceful getaway and the cool weather is a nice escape from the Las Vegas heat that we live in. There are easy hiking trails that take you to different view points of the Breaks. This campground is tiny, but it has flushing toilets and free showers! They also provide chopped wood (for a small donation of $3) for campfires. There is so much to do and see in this area, you just need to venture out. Beware, cellular service is limited, we have AT&T and had no service in the campground. But being off grid is perfect for us. And beware the elevation. You may find yourself winded and maybe dizzy after a short walk to the bathroom. Even though it’s cooler and not always sunny, don’t forget your sunscreen!

A Truly Mystical Experience

I'll keep this short, but suffice it to say this place should be on your bucket list! If you're on The Dyrt, you probably aren't afraid of campfire smoke, bugs, or… well… dirt. So if that's the case this place is definitely for you. You can camp, park an RV, or rent a bus that toured with the Grateful Dead. (Allegedly). They also have little cabins and trailer homes you can rent as well. Amazing soaking and star gazing, and surprisingly easy soaking. Maybe I just got lucky!

Great fishing

Kent’s campground is great place to have an RV or pitch a tent. Amazing scenery all around Beaver area. Rainbow trout are average size. Running water and bathrooms all around the campsite. Camp host is very friendly to everyone. Busy on the weekend, during the week not so much. Kent’s campsite done by September 15, not sure when it opens again.

Nice, easily accessible campground

This is a nice campground conveniently located only 20 minutes outside of Beaver. We have been here twice and seen deer, beavers, and turkeys. The stars are spectacular and you can see the Milky Way on a clear night. Bathrooms are not great.

Dusty and noisy but plenty of places

There are a few campsites along this road. The road is dirt and that area doesn't get a lot of rain so things are often dusty. Also, the road is the main access to a few areas on the national forest so traffic is a little high at times for a dirt road but not bad.

Pleasant Surprise

This location has clean bathrooms and showers centrally located on the grounds. So it doesn’t matter if you’re in a tent or RV, it’s a close distance for everyone. They are also pet friendly with trash cans and doggie bags placed around the site. Our tent area included water/electric, a picnic table, and fire pit/grill. We really enjoyed our little grass area and the quiet surroundings!

Great Spot!

Perfect location for any size group. Very quiet and serene. Next to a river and close to navajo lake. Had some fire pits and a small bathroom. Awesome spot!

Dirt road

See photos

Free

See photos. Views of Red Canyon

Off road

Great place to stay on the way to Bryce Canyon National Park.

A perfect campground!

This campground is perfectly tucked away in the hills near Kanosh UT. About 15 mins down a back road from the freeway (I-15). It is small but large open areas for kids and/or dogs to run and play. It’s quiet and clean. There are two bathrooms within a short walk from every site. The creek runs near the sites and it’s the perfect sound to lull you to sleep. You can reserve a site ahead of time on the website or walk in and pay at the site as long as there is no reservations. Very simple. There is NO cell service so if you are coming from a long distance be sure to make sure there are availability’s before you drive into the site. If you’re ever taking that route through Utah and need a place to crash I would recommend this to anyone!

Panguitch Lake North Campgeound Utah

So I really liked the location of this campground. Only an hour or so from either Bryce Canyon or Zion National park. The town of Panguitch is only about 25 minutes from the campsite. The general store is only about 30 seconds from the camp witch was convenient when needing extra fire wood. Camp Host was nice and knowledgeable about the area. One of the few drawbacks that I had was our campsite did not have a level section to put a tent. I think you you are reserving a tent spot there should be spot that is level to place your sleeping area. Overall it all works and I would still go back

Great place to take it easy

Did you know that a lot of Airbnb listings have their own websites OFF of airbnb where you can book them for much cheaper since you aren’t charged an Airbnb service fee? I did, but totally forgot to check for this yurt. Shoot!

We checked in to the yurt on our way to Bryce canyon which is half an hour away. The location was tough for us to find, especially considering that we had some traffic behind us so we couldn’t slow down too much as we looked for the driveway. The sign that they have does not have great visibility so we definitely missed the driveway going past it both directions. It definitely helps to familiarize yourself with the buildings on the other side of the road as landmarks if you are going to be coming and going frequently from here. We used a“no passing zone” triangular sign that was kind of by the driveway as our more immediate landmark.

Jeannie and her husband live in the center yurt and are friendly, but they give you your space. Of all of my airbnb experiences where the hosts were on-site they were by far my favorite. It is really hard to find hosts that strike the perfect balance of friendliness. Apparently the 3 yurts on the property used to be an art studio and they have converted the two side yurts into liveable spaces. We stayed in the studio yurt which was cheaper, the deluxe yurt is more spacious and includes a couch and its slightly more removed from Jeannie’s yurt so your deck is more private.  A mini-fridge, microwave, and other kitchen small appliances that we didn't use were available.

The BEST part of this yurt was the view from the deck. We passed up a sunset in Bryce so that we could hang out here instead. My husband spent a significant amount of time taking slow-mos of their hummingbird visitors- there were A TON of them. The other great thing is that there is a washer and dryer. It took me a while to figure the washer out since water would not run unless the lid was closed. It was great to be able to get laundry done in the middle of our trip while we could lounge on the bed watching tv instead of having to go to a laundromat- there is also wifi available! We would definitely stay here again, and if you look at their website you can see some other nearby cabins/tipis that are available to rent.

Best RV Park In Southern Utah

This is one of the best RV parks in Southern Utah. It is about 10 minutes from Panguitch, They have a gas station with a snack store plus miscellaneous items, a game room, LOTS of washers and dryers and much more. If you are a person who hates crappy bathrooms, I have stayed here every summer for the past 3 years and I have not found not 1 bug or critter and they don’t smell either. The lot sizes are HUGE! You can stream videos on low quality with the WiFi. There is a playground, and the Staff is the nicest I’ve ever met. Please stay here, they deserve it!

Business trip southern Utah

Me and my wife stayed at this KOA camp in our van in a tent site very well-kept nice place off the freeway

Sucks

Prices to high

Used to love this place

Not so great anymore the host left (dale) miss him. And the prices went way up.

Used to be a great spot to camp

The host dale isnt there this year so neither are we

This used to be a great camping spot

The host Dale is no longer there so neither will we be.miss you Dale

Such a fun place!

Just driving through, we heard about this place and have to come back! Makes you feel like you’re back in the 80’s just having a good time, away from all the stress and worries of the city. Not to mention the super warm hot spring rubs. Even the little store they have there is so cute! We want to stay in one of the buses next time!

4WD Only

I wouldn't recommend even thinking about taking a passenger vehicle to this site. The road is narrow, the rocks are big, the terrain uneven, and there's plenty of sand. Tried to get my van in and raked the underside. There was no one around which was about the only good thing about the experience. Maybe someone with a truck or SUV could appreciate it more.

It’s a KOA

Nice spaces quiet little town, lots of ATVs.