Beresford, SOUTH DAKOTA
Most Recent Beresford Camping Reviews
Great Place

Awesome place to stay. I was only there one night to break up my trip out west but I would definitely stop again. Davis is a little town and everyone there was so welcoming. I had dinner and a few beers in town at the local bar and then coffee and donuts the next morning in the general store. Sat and talked with the locals the entire time and couldn’t have felt more welcomed. Perfect place to meet some great people and make the stay very personal. Cinda and Popeye, the hosts, were just as nice and inviting. Good to know this many nice people are still out there! 10/10 recommend!!

Gorgeous Nebraska State Park, primitive site T45 review

I had the please of staying at this beautiful Nebraska state park with my youngest son on a return trip home from North Dakota over the July 4th weekend 2019. We pulled in after office ours and easily found several primitive walk up sites to choose from. We selected T45 for it’s proximity to a scenic Missouri River overlook and it’s flat, shaded ground. Ponca SP is a large clean and hilly state park offering just about everything you could want from Glamping in cabins to roughing it on one of several pack in trails. There is plentiful wildlife to observe. We witnessed deer and many species of birds in our one evening and morning stay. Guests to the park can partake in horse trail rides($), golf($), fishing, hunting, shooting/ archery range, biking/hiking, water activities such as kayaking or canoeing on the Missouri River, and a large pool near the entrance. Food service is also available on site if you get tired of cooking at your camp. If you want a power site for an RV I’d highly recommend reserving well in advance because this is a popular SP. For those of us who tent camp without power you’ll likely find the perfect spot for your small to large tent on a walk up site with plentiful shade trees at all of the sites that I observed. I highly recommend trying to get the site one spot to the North of T45, it literally looks right over the Missouri River and sits just steps away from the scenic overlook. The bathroom facility right by T45 was clean and well maintained and there was a water faucet next to this site as well as the trash bins. Scenic hikes, drives, or bike rides around the park are largely shaded with a rich tree canopy over rolling hills throughout the park. There are at least two scenic river overlooks with historical referenced to the area’s rich history including the Lewis and Clark expedition. Check the park’s web site at outdoornebraska.gov/Ponca/ to find out what educational and fun events might be happening at the park. They hold a Harvest/Halloween event over a few days in October each year, but you’ll have to book a site a year in advance if you want to for sure get a spot during that time. Don’t forget to stop in to the education center and learn all about the river’s history. The education center is top notch and one of our favorite things about the park. This is a five star state park by any measure and I can’t wait for a return trip to this park.

Nice clean campsites

Spent a weekend here. The campsites are nice and clean, and the bathrooms are the cleanest bathrooms I have ever seen at a campground! The campground was quiet and peaceful. Great showers and views of the river. Just a 5 minute driving to the damn and a swimming area… In front of the campsites is the river (this is riverfront camping, and behind is a little wooded area that helps you feel a little more secluded. Will be returning.

Nice clean campsites

Fun place

Awesome place to stay. Lots of activities for the kids. Staff was awesome

Nice Stopover Spot

We stayed with our class A RV on our way to and from a further destination in early July. First spot was one right along the river. All the spots are spacious…neighbors are not on top of you. This spot had a nice concrete slab with a picnic table (not so nice with peeling paint). Views of the river and city were nice. Full hook-ups with sewer, water, electric and (spotty) WiFi. Second spot was not on the river but equally spacious. No concrete patio with this one. Bathhouse’s were a mixed bag. One was large with numerous stalls and showers and very clean. The other quite small (2 stalls and one shower) and not so clean. Had to step around empty shampoo and conditioner bottles on the floor and a used razor on the soap dish…there in the early evening and still around 9 the next morning. Many sites seemed to be extended stay and not all were well kept…plastic covering windows, haphazard decks, etc. All-in-all though an OK one night stopover spot if you’re traveling through.

Nice stay in a state park

We passed through Palisades State Park earlier this year and spent some time in the day-use area so we knew it was a good place to camp as we passed through South Dakota on another trip. One main (clean) bathhouse with two showers plus two pit toilets for those camping farther away on the loop. A mix of cabins, tent, and electric sites. Lots of trees. LONG driveways and some sites (such as 34E) are very large. The website allows you to view sites, so you know in advance what to expect. Nice walking trails and picnic areas.

very friendly

Scenic park is across the Missouri river from Sioux City,  Iowa.  It is easy to get to. Very friendly staff.  Restrooms are kept clean.  It is a large campground with several different restrooms with showers.  There is a number of permanent campsites, there is also some that can be reserved.  Some are also pull thru's. Ice and firewood are available on site.  There  is a separate area available for tents. With it being  on the edge of South Sioux City, Ne and across the river from Sioux City, Ia. there is lots of shopping options close by.  It can also be reserved for groups, with a shelter available for use.  There are some sunny spots and also spots with lots of shade.  I really like this campground!

Beautiful and peaceful

Heading home needed a one night camp spot. This one fit the bill.
Located in Brandon not far from Sioux Falls. Clean bathrooms with showers. Firewood available to purchase. Each site has a picnic table and fire ring. Bike and hiking trails. Plus plenty of privacy. Definitely will return.

Fun experience for the kids

The pool and activities at this campground make it great for kids. At the time of our visit I-90 was being rebuilt nearby so access from the interstate was more difficult, but this isn’t the fault of the campground. Some sites seem a little right but we had one in the end which was very close to the bathroom and pool.

Really great park

Really great state park not too far from lake lakota with great playgrounds. Great woods woth trails

Great place on Lake Yankton

This is actually on Lake Yankton not Lewis and Clark Lake but it is a nice peaceful place with nice grass, benches and parks, the lake has good fishing for all species would recommend going has nice bathrooms as well as good bike trails

Really nice area by water

Nice area with park for children with good water accessible

Great area

Really fun campground with parks for kids and nice green grass with tons of sports offerd

Good

Its a first come first serve/ same day reservation

Real close to water

Could see water from everywhere on site was nice and clean and very grassy

Really clean

Had nice open spots very spacies

Had a great time

Was nice and clean with friendly rangers

Nice Stopover Spot

We stayed with our class A RV on our way to and from a further destination. First spot was one right along the river. All the spots are spacious…neighbors are not on top of you. This spot had a nice concrete pad with a picnic table (not so nice with peeling paint). Views of the river and city were nice. Full hook-ups with sewer, water, electric, cable, and wi-if. Second spot was not on the river but equally spacious. No concrete pad with this one. Bathhouses were a mixed bag. One was large with numerous stalls and showers and very clean. The other quite small (2 stalls and one shower) and not so clean. Had to step around empty shampoo and conditioner bottles on floor and a used razor on the soap dish…..there in the early evening and still there around 9 the next morning. Many of the sites seemed to be extended stay and not all trailers were well kept…..plastic covering windows, haphazard decks, etc. All-in-all though an Ok stopover in a longer trip.

A very nice getaway!

We camped here over the weekend with our dogs. The campground is within 10 miles off of I90.

The park is not very big so there are not many campsites. Some have electric hook up, others are just for tent camping. All of them provide a picnic table and a fire pit. They also have little log cabins. We stayed at campsite 6 which was a very good spot. Some of the other sites seemed very close together without much privacy or shade.

The park staff (rangers, camp host and volunteers) was extremely friendly. They always made sure that we had everything we needed. The rangers also offer different programs on the weekend like learning about geocaching or how to make campfire desserts.

There is one bathhouse for the entire campground. It seemed a little old but got cleaned daily. There are also several vault toilets around the area. From the campground you have access to the water. There are also several short hiking trails from where you can see the rock formations.

It was just a very short ride to the Devils Gulch (Jesse James historical site) or Split Rock Park. There is also a Dollar General close by. We would definitely recommend the campground.

Nicest State Park Out There!

Definitely not roughing it but beautiful setting with possibly the best kept campsites and restrooms I've experienced on public ground! We stayed in the east Campground in one of the pull off sites. Handled our rooftop tent quite nicely. We stayed in June and the mosquitos were fierce. Overall great spot, worked well for us on our way through SD headed west.

great for the person who wants basic camping with hookups

this campground is on leash pet friendly.  there are few trees, but it has full hookups, clean restrooms and showers.  pay 6 get 1 free.  however there is a train t

has no play ground, swimming pool, etc.

people were very friendly.

it was exactly what i was looking for.

Peaceful glamping

Made reservations to camp here since it was reasonably close to Sioux Falls and looked really interesting. So glad I did. My hosts couldn’t have been nicer. By the time I left I felt like I was part of the family. Because the ground was still pretty saturated they upgraded me for free to the glamper, so fun to stay in a vintage trailer. They are hoping to acquire a few more for the future. Super quiet at night, and Cinda gave me a fresh loaf of her bread and some awesome jam for breakfast. I would definitely stay here again.

Good campground with good hiking

Good clean campground with some trails to hike.

Best cabins!

The cabins here are top notch! The park is so beautiful too!

Great quiet pretty place

If you want a nice place to camp in NE Nebraska, this is it. Lots of shade, hiking, trail rides, campsites are pretty and easily usable. Enough space for 6 people easily. Showers, campfire rings. Nice place to spend a few days or just an overnight.

Great family campground

Nice pullthru campsites, with lots of activities,  large pool.

Great camping

Large sites, shady and quiet.

Large sites and bike trails, also quiet.

Large sites with bike trails right on lake.

Good travel stop

We stayed on our way from IL to Black Hills SD. Super easy access as well as easy pull through. Level enough to not unhook. Nice play area and pool. Also a neat little micro brewery walking distance, across the road. Very nice staff and an RV dealer next door. Very close to I-90 and it’s noise, but that comes with the easy access.