The best WALK IN camping near
Spalding , NEBRASKA

Most Recent Spalding Camping Reviews
Lots of Nature

We stayed late in the season on a very cold weekend. The site was empty since the weather was so cold. Plenty of nature to get lost in. It was also decorated from the Halloween party. There were 4 ponds and the river is a short trail hike away.

Bader review

When first arriving there is an office that has showers, bait, and vending machines. Tons of tent spots to choose from. You have the option to fish from 3 or 4 ponds plus the river is walking distance. Beach area for kids seems to have people there often. Good weekend get away.

My main get in spot for kayaking

Over the years this has been my get in spot for around 100 kayaking trips. I’ve never had any issues with anyone messing with my vehicle. People from Grand Island have ruined this park by partying. Now it’s closed half the time and no alcohol is allowed. When it reopens I will still use this as my main get in. Would be much higher rated if it had not been ruined from partying.

Not Bad

Typically this park is used by locals for its river access. Tooley is maintained by Hamilton County and is usually in decent condition. Alot of times the area is crowded since it is a pretty popular point to get in and out of the river when kayaking, tubing, etc.

Perfect!

Wonderful location right by a creek, huge park with playground equipment, big swimming pool and golf course. Full hookups (electric, water, sewer) for only $10 per night! Cute town with all the amenities!

Great little campground

Clean but rustic. Has 3 sites with water and 30a hookups. Dump station. Clean bathroom with shower. Price is right! $10/night.

Small Scenic Campground

Very small campground inside the Burwell city park. Four electrical hookups, two back in & two pull-through. Very old wooden pit toilets, may have showers up at the pool & had one flush toilet restroom on the outside wall of the pool house that had a door (unlocked at all times we were there.) We stayed in one of the back-in sites that was right on the Loup River. Very quiet with no hi-way noise. We were there two nights and a Burwell sheriff drove through one night, and a Nebraska state patrol cruiser drove through the other night we were there. We had a very nice quiet stay there.

Nice and quiet

Small park with no extras…no running water, no playground equipment, no electricity. The grounds were kept up nicely and there is an outhouse for use. The mosquitos were terrible. There’s two small ponds for fishing, I wouldn’t recommend swimming in them. The loup river is a short distance away and it is BEAUTIFUL.

Small park

Smaller park with about 15 tent sites with fire pits and picnic tables. Outhouse facilities with no access to fresh water. There is no playground equipment. Access to 2 fishing ponds and a short hike to access river.

Ranger Review: Primus Trailbottle at Bader Park in Nebraska

Campground Review: Bader Park is located in Merrick County a few miles from Marquette Nebraska. It has 24 Rv sites with Electric at $20/night and over 15 tent sites at $10/night, along with lots of day use areas. Everyone also needs to purchase a $6/day vehicle pass. It is a smaller campground with acres of prairie wetlands and miles of trails. There are picnic areas with grills scattered throughout and a group picnic shelter. The showers are coin operated, make sure you bring shower sandals. We were the only campers there except the campground hosts. It was quite chilly in the evenings, but enjoyed sitting out by the campfire looking up at the full moon and stars. You only heard nature around you…the leaves rustling as they blew in the wind, the crickets and frogs singing and the coyotes chattering in the distance. So very relaxing.

Bader Park has a swimming beach with a sandvolleyball net, and multiple fishing ponds. During the year they have fun activities for children and adults including Bird/Nature hikes, a Haunted forest, and Haunted Halloween Campgrounds.

Product Review: As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time and I tested the Primus Trailbottle at Bader Park. What I love about the 1.0L(33.8 oz) Trail bottle:

1. It's stainless steel with powdered coating. I chose black and it wow it looks sharp, but it has other color options. It also stay cold for hours.
  2. I use it for flavored water and was excited that it didn't retain the flavors from previous drinks.
  3. It is dishwasher safe and if you choose to wash it in the sink the opening is larger which makes it easy to get a brush in there to clean. It also makes it easier to get ice in.

4. I love that it is light weight and easily fits in the pocket of my backpack. It also comes with a. a strap on lid so it doesn't get lost and you can strap it on to your backpack.

I give The Primus Trail Bottle 5 stars as it meets and exceeds my expectations. Take a look at all the Primus products at https://www.primus.eu/