Camping in Carmans Mobile Park

24 Reviews of 5 Carmans Mobile Park, Nebraska Campgrounds

B B.
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2021

Over priced

No close restrooms, sites are very close and it costs $25 per night for a basic site

SiteW42
KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2021

Beautiful location, beware of sand

Absolutely stunning place to camp right on the lake! Just beware if you are parking on the back of loose sand, as some vehicles could get stuck. It was very windy when we were there, so if you’re renting make sure you have appropriate stakes!

Natalie C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Quiet and peaceful

This was a great little campsite that’s a little off the beaten path and for us was a nice surprise. The campground was quiet with some wildlife in and around the lake. There’s only a pit toilet and a few outhouses on the tent side. No showers. The only water pump I found was at the fish washing…

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

No longer a campground

I thought there was a new place to camp out on beautiful lake MAC. As of today 6/5/2021 it is only for day use and One needs to pay the state park fee to use it

Sitedid not stay
Aaron R.
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Quiet place to stay at Big Mac

Stayed one night on the Big Lake and one night at the small lake. Both are very good, just more quiet and less traffic at Lake Ogallala. Very nice camp sites and good fishing.

Nancy C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2021

Lakefront beauty

Mid April, we were one of a handful of campers. We had our pick of sites at Lake Ogallala located at the base of the dam. We selected 38. Due to the high winds and cold, we weren't able to kayak/SUP as planned, but it would be a good place. Also, great places on the other side of the dam. The…

Dan X.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2021

Summer windstorms

Stayed here on my cross country drive. Real calm at dusk on this reservoir, it picked up real fast into a certified windstorm by 2AM when I felt like my tent was about to be blown away into oblivion. LOTS of RVs.

Kiley S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2020

WOW for Nebraska

On my way East from Colorado a friend told me to take a stop at this beach if possible. So happy I did!! It was $8 in the ranger box, no staff on site. A cop drove through once. I don’t have 4x4 but there were spots I could still safely pull up to and feel right on the beach under the big trees.…

Lori K.
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2020

Quiet Little Spot

I drove beyond the golf course campground & found a spot next to the lake that had a fire ring. The road & plant noise did not bother me. Great spot for a quick overnight stay.

C
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2020

Nice stopover

Tent camped on the shore of the reservoir, this was a nice enough spot although a little noisy from the road and power station across the reservoir.

Anthony B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2020

Great Stay for the Beginning of the summer!

From Colorado Springs, it was about an 4.5 Hour Drive and about 5.25 with "Pit Stops" along the Way.  Upon Arriving, you will need to pay for Nebraska State Park Permit (Out of State $45 Dollars, In State $30) and then a camping fee for camping on the beach which is $12 per day for primitive.

• Early Arrival looks like this, but by Thursday and Friday it is packed.
  • Beautiful sunsets are great!
  • Campfires on the beach!
SiteBeach Site #15/ Sandy Beach North End/ Beach Area in front of Lone Eagle
Stacy M.
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2020

Beauty

Such a beautiful place to stay. Ideally, you would want a spot by the water and/or under the shade trees more. For the reservable side, it has electric hook ups and community water spouts you can fill your tanks with. Spots are pretty spaced out. The big lake is easy to get to. Dump stations are at…

• Green space between the sites
  • Beach fun at Lake McConaughy
  • Rain puddle fun. You can see the spacing between sites on the road.
HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2020

A Big Nope from Us

The views are pretty but the lack of full hookup sites and dump stations aren't worth it, in our opinion. When we booked our reservation, we utilized the options for 50amp site for a 40' camper and water. What we got was a 50amp site with "community" water available for us to fill up jugs and…

Charles C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2020

Camping below the dam, Close to McConaughy's beaches & old western town

Great rout fishing below the dam but the cool thing is that all of the lake and surrounding sites are available to you.  Nice facilities and possibly a bit quieter than some of the Lake McConaughy sites which can become party sites.

R
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2018

Hidden gem

I stopped at this campsite on a cross country road trip from NY to NV, as I didn’t know anyone who resided in the great state of Nebraska. Talk about a total hidden gem!! This campground is one of the most beautiful, quiet and serene campgrounds I have ever been to. There are lots of sites right…