Adams, NEBRASKA

Most Recent Adams Camping Reviews
Nice and convenient!

Lots of mature trees and grassy areas for playing ball or for the kids to run around! Nice cement pads but the trees need to be trimmed more frequently. Some cons are there isn’t fresh drinking water in convenient places..the hydrants are far as are the outhouses. The train tracks are super close and there’s a train every 30ish minutes so can be quite noisy! Over all, a beautiful place!

Second time back, and a stone throw away from Nebraska City

This is my second review, because second time is a charm. Even though the campsites are closer together than I am use to. We actually took 2 sites, one for us and one for my oldest sons site. This worked out and gave a little more space needed. This also gave us time to really explore those trails I was drooling over. We took one of the more scenic trails and took us over the top of some of those beautiful Loess Hills. I still believe it us a great hiking park, and is only a hour away from Omaha for us.

Great weekend stay

Looking forward somewhere different to camp. Found Crystal Springs on Google Earth. Sites are big enough for our 38 foot 5th wheel with room to spare. Each site has 30 and 50 amp electric. Water also at each site. Picnic table is provided, we used our own fire ring. Three spring fed lakes to kayak or fish in. Even though lower camp ground was pretty full it was quiet. Would definitely recommend staying

Not open to the public

Linoma Beach is a place that just about everybody in this area is familiar or has seen. They have a big lighthouse off the highway. Unfortunately this place is a private place. You have to rent a lot or space for a long term time period. If you can get a spot and have a rv or trailer it's a place for you or someone to look into.

Great hiking park

First off let me make it clear, I like this park. But for me this is not the greatest camping area. The sites just are to close for me as a tent camper. The could almost use some of the day use picnic area as primitive sites. The rest of this park is great. For one it is clean, and maintained. The hiking trails are not for bikes, and they have several different levels or skills levels. The look out was pretty cool as well. We will return, and do some more hiking. I am not sure the campsites were fall, but it could be because the applejacks festival going on across the river in Nebraska City.

Camping Right on the Lake

It is a nice spot a bit off of the main roads. Many of the tent sites allow you to camp right next to the lake. It's generally pretty quiet and people respect the 10 pm quiet hours rule. Each site has a picnic table and fire ring.

Mahoney review

My buddies and I rented cabin in the area. Lots of options when it comes to cabins tent areas and RV pads. There is enough here to keep you busy for a long time my favorite is the eagles nest you can see miles down the river. If you have a family I would strongly recommend a visit. Might be biased due to having a bunch of birthday parties here growing up but it’s one of my favorite places to take my son. Photos are taken from river looking at Mahoney.

A true outdoorsmen and fisherman's paradise

This place is a private, and quiet area. You almost get a vibe at first that your somewhere you should be. Than you get a look at that lake and forget about. Charity lake sits in between or in a valley of hills. You see these hills will all this plush green trees around this lake. I can only imagine what this place looks like in the fall with the different color of foilage. There is a dirt road that takes you to the other side of the lake, but not much there. The campsites aren't really but a fire ring. But for primitive campers that all you need. There is out house there, and about it. This place is not for the faint of heart, but there is a lot of beauty in nature. But I will tell you I am already planning a trip to this place with my oldest here.

Nice park, but....

There is a lot of good thing s about this park. There are several lakes to choose from to fish, or nonpower boats. There is a swimming area, beach, and play inflatables for kids in the water. There are playgrounds for kids. Various restrooms in the park, and campsites are spaced fairly well apart. There also nature trails and some camping at river side of the Platte. There is a nice little concession store in the middle of the park, and you can rent kayaks, canoes, and various kinds of paddleboards. However the park is always crowded with people, and trains always seems to fly through town several times at night.

Rockford review

Large lake. Not overly crowded and very dispersed. Got a really good vibe from the RV area. Nice clean swimming plus the pads that float on the water. Decent fishing I caught two good sized in an hour. I would recommend if you are in the area. Only downfall is I got no cell phone service the whole time.