The best TENT SITES camping near
Centreville , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Centreville Camping Reviews
Primitive site, no one around

We slept great here in our tent. Some things to consider: lots of trash left around the area, there was a fire still burning unattended when we arrived, car/truck/tractor/boat traffic is noisy at all hours of the day and night, no water for drinking unless you can dip and filter from the creek nearby, the mosquitoes here were insane!

So peaceful

Don’t let the condition of the road or the buildings scare you away from this state park. These people have had to clean up after 2 hurricanes this year. All sites in campground B are level concrete, water and electric. State park grills, picnic tables and sunken fire pits all for just 20.00 per night. 20 minutes from downtown Natchez. Great spot.

Noisy

We recently stayed at this RV park and were severely disappointed.

The good: Close to everything. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable of area. Level sites. Reasonable price.

The bad: Nasty bathrooms with no soap or paper ( this is our experience) Super small showers that need updating. A neighborhood dog that decided to bark literally for 5 minutes every 10-15 min from sunset until sunrise.

I would probably not stay here again. I think the management needs to take a little time to upkeep and update the bathrooms/showers.

Wrong name

This place is no longer green acres campground. It is now pleasant pines RV Park. No tents allowed.

No tents allowed

No tents allowed at this location.

Best camp in Louisiana

One of the most beautiful camp sites in LA. The geography here is not like anywhere else I have seen in Louisiana very nice and the owner is super accommodating.

This place is nice.

What can I say, tent camping, not much traffic and secluded enough with enough comfort for the kids.

Nice place to stay

So far we have enjoyed our stay been here a couple of weeks pool is nice people are friendly

Well kept secret

This is a US Forest Service campground in the Homochitto Forest. The campground host doesn’t want the secret getting out. S/he jokingly told me “now don’t you go posting on social media” how much you love this place. But I do love this place. It’s definitely off the beaten track but worth the drive. It’s a great campground nestled in the woods. Some of the campsites border part of the lake and more are wooded. We stayed in the wooded area. Our campsite had a pretty picnic area with a wooden rail all around it and wooden steps down from the campsite to the picnic/grill area. There is a loop hiking trail around the lake and a longer mountain bike/hiking trail. The nearest town is Natchez, Mississippi so make sure stock up before you go to the campground. The campsites are mixed use RV/tent sites with water and electricity. They also have a dump station for RVs. There are two bathhouses with hot showers and flush toilets. I have AT&T and had trouble getting a cell signal to make phone calls except when I was up by the bathhouse. They accept the America the Beautiful pass discounts.

Campground Located on False River

Very basic campground with full hookups Located on False River with boat launch, restaurant and bar.