the dyrt
Anse, MISSISSIPPI
Most Recent Anse Camping Reviews
nice but best in spring and fall

large,Alligators, fishing looks to be best in spring and fall. Hot in summer. Camps are clean and sites are adequate,but nor cheap. 7 ml to town.

Quiet

clean facilities,Friendly people

Great place for camping!

Great place for camping! I believe it is first come first serve, so get there early on holiday weekends.

Nice, quiet, peaceful

I loved this campground. Not a lot of activities but well kept, fairly small. Very friendly people running it. Loved watching the ducks and geese get fed in morning.Would recommend this campground. Sits in a reservoir. Very pretty area

Great flat ground for tent camping

Great flat ground for tent camping. We were in campsite 3 and it was huge. Perfect for a scout troop or other large group. Also had ample trees with perfect spacing for hammock camping.

Close bathroom is a bit of a dump, full of spiderwebs, and unclean, but if you walk to the new trading post across the street, there are nice bathrooms.

picnic tables and trash cans at each campsite. Close location to canoe and kayak rentals.

Easy escape

We’ve taken several trips to Roosevelt and each has been quiet, peaceful, easy, and full of things to do. There are some more challenging RV spots to back into but the majority are straight forward with just enough surrounding trees to give some privacy. The lake is nice and the waterfront spots are great. Facilities are clean and located in good spots. The staff is fantastic and helpful. And exploring the national forest or nearby towns is great fun.

Fun day trip

I took my dog, Lucas. We fished and walked around. This place is more popular than I realized and was a little busy when we went. Great experience though.

Great place

Wonderful place for a picnic and walk around the old town of Rocky Springs! There is also an old open church there that you can walk in!

Love this campground

Finest state park with shady sites and full hook ups, family friendly, swimming, nice bathhouses, convenient access off I-20. Popular fishing lake, allows skiing Memorial Day til Labor Day. Disc golf. We have camped year around

Beautiful campground around a lake

This campsite was not crowded at all and really peaceful. I stayed in site 13 which was right on the lake. The view was beautiful. The spot was really large with plenty of room for tents and hammocks. There are trails close by that were nice to walk on. The pool is there for an extra fee with a water slide. They are well maintained. It was a great park!

unlevel pads for RV's

The rv gravel pads were extremely un-level, even after waiting 2 hours, watching them add 7 tractor buckets of gravel the pad was still un-level and they finally let us move our spot. When we booked our trip we were told there was a water fee, which wasn't charged until after Memorial Day because the pool, splash pad, and slide were not operational. We arrived the Wednesday after Memorial day and was told the pool was good and the slide would be up and running in a day or two, the slide was not even on premises! When it arrived, the workers said it normally takes at least a week or two to install. We swam in the pool one day, but the filer was not working, so the water was disgusting, I couldn't even see my feet, and the bottom of the pool was covered in sand. We were there for 5 days, and were informed the "water fee" isn't a water fee, it's a park fee, $6 per person per day for nothing! Therefore we spent $150 on nothing. Also, we didn't remove our sway bars from our truck because it was raining and the first night they were stolen off our truck. I would not go back to this park.

unlevel pads for rv's and pool was gross

Great park

We have been going to this park off and on for years. They do have a motel if you don’t have an RV/tent. The bathrooms are clean. There are lots of things to do in the campground like disk golf, hiking, swimming, waterslide, canoeing, fishing and playgrounds. The only reason I didn’t give it a five stars, is because a lot of the campsite pads are broken and narrow and the ground is washed out around it. I know it is an endless battle for the park to keep up with probably. We had to be very careful about stepping out of the camper because it dropped off quickly. We were constantly grabbing the kids so they didn’t fall. I would certainly go back though. It is very beautiful.

Natural setting close to home

Roosevelt was one of the first state parks in MS. It is heavily wooded around a pretty lake. I prefer the older side of the lake. Has larger campsites and less activity.

A great place to camp

We have camped at Lake Lincoln several times. Very nice campground with most of the amenities you could want. Very busy campground on holiday weekends. Camped very near the water. Sites are a little closer than I usually like but sites are nice and view of lake is great. We went in spring both times and bank fishing was exceptional. Friendly staff. Very nice campground.

Our Go To campground

Less than an hour away from home we usually camp here several times a year. We have always camped at R.O. Hannah Campground on the water. Sites are nice and mostly shaded. Bath Houses nice and clean. Water park is added fun for the grandkids. Fishing is usually pretty good for Bream/Sunfish, Catfish and the occasional bass. Staff personnel are friendly and accommodating. Great place to stay.

So this campground seems abandoned basically.

The light on the post above a very worn sign was lit. The cafe on site is closed, the water hookups for RVs produced nothing upon turning the handles. I didn't try the outlets on the sites. The light bulb outside of the building with a men's bathroom sign was lit but there was no sign indicating another door for women, and upon trying the men's the door was screwed shut. Ultimately I slept in the car with my two kids instead of setting up camp, peed in some bushes and bathed us clothed with cold hose water from the back of the cafe building in the morning. Nobody showed up to collect money, and there was no box to deposit it. Not terrible if you don't mind roughing it since it was essentially free and very beautiful, peaceful camping spot.

Mayes Lake

Great place to camp. Right in the middle of Jackson MS. quiet, great day time area with playground amd picnic spots across the lake from the campground. Bathhouse in good condition. pads are level and clear. nice space between each site. Shady and clean.

Beautiful campground

Love this campground. Nice beach area for swimming. level pads. full hook ups. plenty of shade. nice size lots. bath houses in good shape and air conditioned.

great times

Lovely park with plenty to do. swimming (in the lake for free or swimming pool $ plus a water slide) full hookup. Shady level pads. pet friendly. we really enjoyed a nice weekend. we go to this campground frequently.

Beautiful location

Beautiful wooded site with full hook up and clean bathroom and shower

Excellent place to spend a few days!

We had a wonderful time here with absolutely no one else. Nestled in the Bienville National Forrest with lost of other options to camp. The national Forrest some time offers the privacy and seclusion on wants. If this is something you seek definitely come here. The ride out is a little ruff. Pack in pack out. There is a restroom and water. ENJOY!

Goshen Springs is the place to cast you cares away!

Fish from a boat or the shore and catch bass, perch, or huge catfish. Campground is equipped with grills, picnic, boat launches, boat slips, monthly rentals, swimming pool, playground, bathhouse, laundry. This isn't quite my cup of tea. Typically i enjoy peace and minimalistic things but this sure was nice. The wife loved it..

Fishing

I have not camped at this site but I have fished many times in the lake. It is a very nice sized lake and is stocked with bass, blue gill and red ear, crappie and catfish. It has several piers to fish. It is a state lake and is kept up by the MDWFP. It has a nice bath house that I believe was rebuilt fairly recently. It does have several camping pads available with electricity and water hook ups.

Mayes Lake

I have not camped at this site due to the location but I have fished the lakes here. The larger horseshoe lake has several piers to fish from and Mayes lake has a lot of under water structure. The Pearl River runs right behind these lakes so there are normally some alligators around. There are RV hook ups available and it does have a nice play ground next to the camping sites. There is another very large playground where the museum of science and children's museum are located. I recommend both of those museums if you have kids. There is a 9 hole golf course which is also a part of the state park.

Yogi Bear Pelahatchie, MS

I have visited this campground twice and both times were very enjoyable. They have cabins available for rent, which is what we did, camper spots that will accommodate the big rigs, I don't know exact size but I saw some that were at least 40'. They also have primitive camping available. There is a nice lake that you can kayak and fish in. I had my own, not sure if they have any to rent. There are also piers to fish off of. Later in the summer the lake does become over grown with weeds around the docks but if you can get on the water the deeper water is still fishable. There is also a small water park/ splash pad that the kids loved. Overall very nice get away. The small town of Pelahatchie is less then 5 mins away if you need to go pick up extra supplies.

Nothing Fancy

This little campground is nestled along the Natchez Trace Parkway at mile marker 54.8 (https://www.nps.gov/natr/planyourvisit/upload/NATRmap_1_113_web.pdf).

This is a FREE first come, first serve campground that offers 22 sites. Each site has a picnic table, fire ring and flat real estate for setting up your tent. The campground is well shaded and can accommodate RVs but there are no hook ups available. There are a few bathrooms that have flush toilets and sinks but there are not showers available.

It's a small facility that gets moderate use but appears to be well maintained. While black bears aren't prolific in the area they have been spotted. Be sure to store all food and scented items in your vehicle if possible.

Okatoma