The best BOAT IN camping near
De Broeck Landing , LOUISIANA

Most Recent De Broeck Landing Camping Reviews
Beautiful park

The park was beautiful & clean. Huge trees. The walk to the bathroom was a little far but the bathroom was new. The park rangers patrolled constantly. We were in Armadillo Run loop. It was Beautiful but traffic from the highway was pretty loud. We brought kayaks and drove to a nearby boat ramp to put in. (Outside the park, called Crip’s camp) From what I had read online, it should have been fairly easy to find a paddling trail but it was much harder and very, VERY easy to get lost. After talking to a few people who paddle their quite often, I have a plan for our next trip. ***The water at the state park does not really connect to Caddo Lake. It can be fairly misleading. Definitely do your research. The lake is HUGE and you can easily get lost.

Corps of Engineer/Red River Waterway Commission RV Park

A few miles from Natchitoches, LA and the nicest RV park in the area. Well spaced concrete pad level RV Sites with gated access. Combination pull through sand back in that accommodated our 45 ft. motorhome and Jeep towed. Rich with grassy areas and trees. Each site has a fire pit/BBQ and picnic tables. Next to boat launch that takes you to the Red River. Nice activity center available to all campers. Very organized concrete surrounded hookups next to pads. Playground and activity building with full kitchen open to all campers.

Great spot

Stayed at site 47. Great park. Another park that the CCC left its mark on. For a West Texas kid, Caddo feels otherworldly. Fun fishing, many big sites, decent bathrooms.

Amazing SP

We loved the cabin, it made winter camping with kids do-able! Loved hiking and exploring! A ton of CCC history and beautiful bald cypress here!

Deserted, Buggy, But Nice!!

I thought I’d stay here because it said it was free on the app: IT IS NOT FREE. It’s cheap though! $12/night and you can book on the recreation.gov app.

If you want to tent camp or sleep in your car, only book sites 1-5. The others don’t seem to have flat spots for much of anything. Perhaps hammocking would work!

Upon arrival when I noticed the not-flat site I had booked, I easily switched my site via my booking to site 1, which is the best for car sleeping and in my opinion the best site at the campground. It is set off from the others and has a large flat grassy area. If it is busy it may be less desirable as it is right on the parking lot, but I’d still take it. That being said, I didn’t see a single soul while I was there.

Flush toilets, running water, and a spigot to fill up are provided. There is a boat ramp right by site 1. It was quite buggy even in early April, but I managed to keep moving and make a fire so the smoke would help the bugs stay away.

It is easy to find, and there is ATT cell service, 1-2 bars.

I’d definitely stay here again and hope to have time to explore more!

Beautiful and simple site

Stayed 1 night for rooftop camping on car. Chose to set up in the primitive camping area on the grass near the boat docking area. Quiet and peaceful with beautiful sounds off the lake at night. Bathrooms are not the best.

All the amenities but little to do

Caddo Lake State Park looked amazing in pictures—shaggy, mossy trees in the bayou ecosystem, spring greenery, shady campgrounds—so my two friends and I booked it. It’s actually a very nice state park. The bathrooms are immaculate and have soap and TP, the campgrounds have water and electricity for cheap, and they have pre cut firewood you can pay for by donation. They had so many amenities compared to other campgrounds I’ve been to. However, I am more accustomed to having several miles of hiking trails. We hiked every single trail in 2.5 hours. The next day we were looking forward to canoe rentals, but unfortunately the park isn’t doing that during COVID. The park staff by the way is very friendly and helpful. They have several cute and kid friendly maps. The ranger at the desk also gave us the phone number of a boat dock in town, but by the time we got there all the boats were taken. I feel a bit guilty for the lower rating here, but we were pretty bored the second day then got rained out and left early instead of staying a second night. Our campground in Armadillo run was too swampy and our gear got muddy. Wish we’d had our own kayaks to bring!

Only natural lake in Texas!

Beautifully creepy with its Spanish moss covered trees all through the lake. Quiet and great trails for you and the doggies!

Its was quite first week of February 2021

Its was nice and quiet just me and angel my faithful companion we just spent a Sunday make some lunch and try to fish a little but 👎. We walk wrong to see the little park, and meet a gentleman name Billy, very nice guy. Not much of maintenance trash and glass in some spots.

Awesome! Be picky with tent sites

Another great Texas State Park. I didn't see as much security as I usually do but the whole area is clean and well kept.

The bathrooms are amazing with fully enclosed toilet/shower/changing station for family bathrooms. As someone traveling with a toddler it is a HUGE relief to lock him inside while I shower.

We tent camp and while our site was perfect (#32) others were awful. It's very common for tent pads to be placed far away from the electrical box, so that's not a big deal… but after a rain storm it was apparent that a lot of tent pads need attention. The pads are dirt and many were uneven enough that 50% were well under water. Our pad was right next to the electrical box and someone had evened it out so while it rained and rained, we were good. So if you are tent camping pay close attention to the location and evenness of your tent pad. No amount of tarps would have saved some of these sites!

The trails are good and it's a very unique location. Reminds me of South Florida!

Lastly, the Armadillo circle is right next to the road. Okay maybe not right next to but you will hear traffic all night.

Great for $15/night!