Amite, LOUISIANA

Most Recent Amite Camping Reviews
A nice place to camp

A very nice state park.  Our visit was too short to enjoy much,  but we definitely did enjoy it for the overnight-to-late-morning that we were there! and,  there are playgrounds and a beach!

A family of raccoons must have been fed by someone,  though, as they had NO fear nor qualms of coming right up to our table end one evening! 😱

Best Halloween Fun

I have only been to Yogi Bear for Halloween but it's the best Halloween fun ever! Everyone decorates their campsites, there's hayrides and haunted houses. They have plenty of scheduled activities to keep the kids busy all day. Have a little cash in hand as some activities do cost money (but only a few bucks). On Saturday night they close the campground roads down for 2 hours and all the kids go trick or treating. Bring lots of candy! Plan ahead, they do 3 weekends of Halloween in a row and they book crazy fast (we booked a full year in advance). I'll be honest, the campground is old and run down and I probably wouldn't visit here outside of Halloween but highly recommended for some great family Halloween fun!

Favorite campsite yet!

This place was so much fun and by far my favorite I've been to yet. Lots to do for everyone. They have a large pool and instead of a cement deck it's surrounded by sand so you can put up your pop up tent and chairs and enjoy. It's a huge wooded area with lots of wildlife. I was a huge fan of watching the deer and pigs. They have a volleyball net, horse shoes, bean bag toss and fishing. There were daily activities for the kids. Spacious shaded campsites. Not all are paved and you do pay extra for those that are so of that's important to you be on the look out. They do have a small store on sure but it's very little so make sure you have what you need before you go.

Great Summer Fun

This camp ground is great for summer months but outside of swimming there's not much to do or see. You pay a lot of money to park your camper in a large parking lot and swim. Campsites are close, no trees or wildlife, you can kayak on the lake but it's expensive.

Beautiful State Park Close to Main Cities

Tickfaw is a great location. Campsites were spacious and quite. There's fishing and plenty of walking trails. Highly suggested for those that prefer the state park wildlife camping.

Amazing First Trip

This campground was an amazing experience for me and my buddy on our first tent camping trip. The primitive camping spot was secluded but not too far from necessities being water and restrooms. The staff was helpful and informative as we were inexperienced in the adventure. All in all this was a site to remember getting to see the sunset on the lake.

Awesome For the Kids!

Although we adults considered living there full time. It was a great week, all for kids are range 7-3 loved this place.

Large sites and a blast

We stayed in the back p section so a golf cart was necessary (rented there). The front lagoon was cold but fun. Used their services to go tubing down the river and it was a great section of the river to tube in. Went to back corner to see pigs and deer, fed deer from our hand, amazing experience. The sites were large and shady and level

Old but awesome

Older campground with small pool and older water slide but very homey. Shades and grass and dirt roads. Awesome creek that the kids have a blast in

Great dog park

Basic campground with pool, awesome dog park area at campground. If leAve Koa property towards back via bike or foot there is a nice park with playground equipment and another large dog area

Glamping

Very nice resort, mostly concrete, not a lot of trees, kids enjoyed pool, lazy river, blow up obstacle course on lake

Quiet Little Getaway

This is a great little campground away from it all. Keep in mind it is away from everything, not near attractions of any sort. However, the campground is clean and quiet. There is a swimming pool in the summer, as well as the river for fishing and swimming, and  fishing pond on the back side. Many amenities such as pool tables, showers, a little store, fire rings, outdoor and indoor games, etc. We wintered there for 6 months, and enjoyed it.

Party Place

No shade, lots of activities, water jumping things, put out, tennis court, kiddie pool, adult only pool with swim up bar, lazy river with bar, huge play area for kids, movie nights & bands. It is a party place!

Small campground, State Park, 2 sections, 1 section above Bayou, 2nd section has boat launch a camping spots.

Love this place, small, quiet, close to Bayou & Lake Pontchatrain. Close to good restaurants & fresh seafood.

Beautiful Views: Louisiana at it’s best!

This is such a lovely park! Just north of Lake Pontchartrain on the river, it’s quaint and clean. We only stayed one evening, but our sunset walk was worth it! Be mindful to choose a spot with lots of shade- we didn’t and regretted it.

Nice place to stay

Owner sand management are the nicest people. Quite, peaceful and in a close location to town. Would stay here again if I am ever in the area. They have change their name to Peaceful Pines and the name says it all.

Exactly what you need when visiting Baton Rouge!

We have stayed here for 4 consecutive years for the Louisiana Marathon weekend in January and couldn’t ask for a better home base for one of our favorite race weekends.

They offer regular pull thru spots with both 30 and 50 amp full hook ups and deluxe with a fire ring and patio space. The campground and bath house are kept clean and there is even a dog park for your furry camping friends.

Not worth the money 💰

My kids LOVE Yogi Bear because of what it is. YOGI BEAR lol. The place is very run down and I don’t really see where the money is actually going. The sites are horrible, uneven and broken up cement. Doesn’t really pay to have the sites cemented where they are. In the back they aren’t and it really looks like you park where you want. Lots of people brag about their activities but all the times we’ve been here we’ve never known about any activities. The permanent sites here are just ratchet looking. They also have its own “neighborhood” of people living here. The golf coarse was filthy and full of mosquitoes. I’m from south Louisiana so I know about mosquitoes and this was a bit ridiculous in the middle of the day. The basketball court is all broken up and crappy looking. I just see way better Yogi Bear campgrounds out there and it’s such a shame because my kids love Yogi and this one is so close to home!!

Small and Quiet

Natalbany Campground is nice. They have a fishing pond and small pier. The sites are concrete and so are the roads. They have a swimming pool. They also have cabins you’re able to rent. They have a campground store and arcade room in the front near the pool. During holidays they have lots of activities. They’re also full hook ups.

Old but nice campground

I haven’t stayed in the campground in our own camper yet, but have previously stayed with family in theirs. The campground is nice. It’s not cemented or anything like that. I think you have the basics, water, electricity, and I believe sewer hookups. We’ve stayed in a cabin more recently. The cabin was really nice and taken care of. It was a short walk down a trail to the Boguechitto River. We enjoyed this campground and hopeful to revisit in our own RV.

This is Paradise

Paradise Ranch is a great family campground! It is the home to free roaming red stag deer and potbelly pigs. You can feed them all right from your campsite. Campsites are very large and very level. They have some cemented against the “lagoon” which is a million gallon swimming pool equipped with a zip line, kids splash area, and hot tub! In the back of the campground it’s more woodsy and quiet! They have sites that surround a bass lake. You can go kayaking and fishing here. Bring your own kayaks or rent theirs. They also allow golf carts and side by sides. You can rent one of theirs if you don’t have your own. There are also sites and cabins across the road from the campground against the Boguechitto River. They do offer drop off and pick up services for tubing and kayaking. During the holidays they always have activities.

Way too expensive!

My ex-husband and I were tricked into a membership here, years ago.  The thing that sold us was we were told that the coast to coast membership that went along with the plan we were considering would give us 50% off of airline flights.  LIE!  We were also told that Jellystone in Robert, LA would be a cheap place to stay when we would visit a theme park that was being built in the near future in Robert.  ANOTHER LIE!  The owners of the park are total jerks!  Our daughter's finger got caught in the fan in the ice machine that was exposed, with the grill that was supposed to be covering it that was broken and hanging by a screw.  We had to take her to the ER, where she almost lost her finger.  It was negligence on their part by not fixing the grill properly and they wouldn't pay for the hospital bill.  We sold our membership after that and took a big loss.  These people don't care about their members.  They're just in this to make as much money as possible by "raping" everyone with their high prices and lies.  I only gave it 1 star because I had to in order to write the review.  I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

Lots of activities

Lots of activities. Nice sites, with plenty of shade. 3 pools, fishing pond. Snack shack.

Nice little campground

Sites are tight. Has a putt putt course. Close to a Bass Pro Shop store. Lots of shade.

Nice State Park

We really enjoyed our stay here last June. It was VERY hot so the access to the Boguechitto River was so great! The beach was clean and taken care of. The bath houses were also clean and well lit. The only downfall we came across was the playground area in the uplands was extremely too hot to even touch. They should think about adding some type of covering for that and a place for parents to sit to watch their kids. The splash park and waterslide is amazing! My kids, ages 7 and 12, always had something to do. It wasn’t a splash park for just the little ones to enjoy like most we go to.

Lots of wild life.

We enjoy going out to Tickfaw SP every chance we get.  It has some great shady sites; paved, back-in; majority have wooden decks that are campsite level.

We also see wild life when visiting, raccoons, rabbits, many varieties of birds, and yes, snakes (it's nature, people).  The snakes we have seen have been garter snakes and king snakes (non-venomous).

Great splash-pad for the kiddos in summertime. Wonderful Nature Station and great fishing, either at the pond or at the river at the end of the park.

Not terrible, but needs help

Pros: quiet, spacious, inexpensive sites and nice staff Cons: everything else Only one bathhouse to service 2plus camping loops, and that one bathhouse is filthy and non-functional (only one toilet working and the single shower didn’t drain) on the women’s side, an overflowing toilet on the men’s side, and NO hot water on either side. Sites were overgrown somewhat and hadn’t been cleared of debris (leaves, bug nests, etc.) River access is limited and difficult to access. Overall, I wouldn’t recommend this campground unless some upgrades and more maintenance take place.

So much fun

Staff is amazing. There is a lot of fun things to do for the whole family, from swimming, water slide to playing bingo and a lot more.

BEAUTIFUL

Chill, few minutes to a beautiful beach! Camp and bathroom are really clean. We were lucky to be here during the week(no neighbors, nobody on the beach), I feel it can be less nicer during the weekend…

What a pit

Drugs abound, roaming dogs and trailer junk yard