Amite, LOUISIANA

Most Recent Amite Camping Reviews
Cool swampy place

I stayed on a solo trip overnight on the way to somewhere else, the loop of tent sites were all wet except one (wish I remembered sorry) it was super loud at night with swamp things. Rangers were super nice! Biked around a bit and went on all the walking trails, I’d suggest having shoes that can get trashed. It was quite muddy!

Cool place

Seems like a great place for summer with a splash pad and beach available. I’m sure the mosquitoes would be horrendous though. Great place to bike around. Beautiful oak trees, historical site, very helpful park rangers. I arrived late with my daughter and we thoroughly enjoyed our short overnight stay.

Good value

Very nice campground. Staff is always friendly. Good amenities. Very easy to park and a staff member always helps you park. Grocery store is about a mile away. Pool is open during summer and they added a covered playground for kids. I mean covered with a very large steel structure. The playground is covered with rubber mulch. We've been coming for years and we'll be back.

Good value

Never Again

Dumpy place where people live in old units. Doesn't feel safe.

This is not Indian Creek Recreation Area, Please don't mistake the two.

The pictures on the banner are from Indian Creek Recreation Area. not Indian Creek Campground and RV Park

Wonderful place

My family went and stayed here for a weekend and enjoyed ourselves very much. It was a cold weekend and was very pleased that the bathrooms were heated.

Love the Deer

We stayed here before the swimming hole was concreted in and the hot tub. The deer are amazing to see when riding around the camp ground. We stayed on the outside next to the rice which was very nice large space next to the cabins. We enjoyed camping here.

Beautiful Park even during the soggy season

We had a great pull-through site with the woods as our back yard.(I don't recall the number). Saw deer every evening and even a wild pig! The sites were a bit soggy because of all the rain. Campground could use a few more trash dumpsters. The beach was beautiful and I'll bet crowded during the summer. Take advantage of the Rails to Trails bike path. We rode to Liz' Where Y'all At Diner and then drove on for a total 20 mile bike ride. Would totally visit this park again.

Very nice state park

Quiet, clean, well kept park with pretty river side views. We stayed here for 11 nights in Feb while traveling though the area. We used it as a base camp to go into New Orleans for a weekend (50 mins). The staff is very active in keeping the park clean and maintained. Our favorite things:

1. Great views for short walks
  2. Close drive to groceries, resteraunts, and services.
  3. 3-4 complimentary washers and dryers (not common).
  4. paved pads for RV. (larger RVs like ours use the entire width but smaller rvs get some patio.)
  5. Overflow parking for our truck.
  6. Bathrooms were clean everytime I went, which is just as much about the guests as the staff. Our least favorite things: Like a lot of state parks there is not a sewer connection (they do have a dump station) but we knew that going in. We were close to the on-site facilities and stretched our tanks for the 11 days.

We would stay here again.