Roberts, IDAHO

Most Recent Roberts Camping Reviews

It was beautiful sites long and level! Easy in and out Staff extremely friendly

Off-season, nice

I spent the night here on a cross country road trip with just me and the dog. It was free which was awesome. It was deserted which was both great and unnerving for a single newbie camper. We woke up to snow and had a great dawn hike on the hike/bike trails. The campsites are well-loved/worn and some were under water/mud. Because it was both off-season/midweek, it didn't matter at all, as I could pick almost any site.

Such a cute campground

I was very please with the campground. It was very clean and the campground host was very friendly. I will definitely go again.

Great campground with beach

Our family stayed here in a tent trailer for 2 nights. Kids loved playing in the lake. I like the paved trail that goes around the lake for jogging and cycling.

This lake has a triathlon that happens every year in mid-July. I’ve done it 4 times. It’s just a great lake + campground.

Warm River (which isn't very warm)

Camping on the banks on the banks of the Warm River, which actually is quite cold, can’t get much better than this! There are several options here- tent camping in a tent only walk in area along the river banks and under some pretty good hammocking trees (best sites are #12, 13, 16, and 8 because they have some space from neighbors and are right on the river); RV sites with what looks like at least electric hook ups (best sites for river views and/or privacy are #2, 4, 6, 19); from what neighbors say is pretty good fishing; and an awesome alternative to camping at Mesa Falls if that campground is full. Walk down the road and cross the river to check out a protected area of the river where the fish are HUGE and you can stand with your toes in the river while you feed them bits of bread. The sites all have the usual picnic tables and firepits, with nice level tent pads, clean vault toilets, and firewood for sale from the campground host. The only two downsides are no showers and the campground is wedged between the road and the river, so there is quite a bit of road noise in the day which fortunately dies down once dark sets in. At that point the river covers the road noise (also helpful in the morning). The campground is close to a lot of hiking trails, but there are no trailheads in the campground (so I guess that makes three bummers). All in all, a cool place to camp.

Great camping close to amazing waterfalls

Near the town of Duboise, this campground is up in the Shoshone National Forest. The views of the mountains are beautiful. I was here in early June and there was still a lot of snow in the area as well as in the campground. This made it easier to pick a campsite as it was obvious which sites were water logged and which were dry. The best sites are#14-16, along the river. Even though it was early in the season, someone had come out and mown the grass for tents. I was very impressed by the fact that they had ATV parking on the outside edge of the campground and that there were signs stating ATVs were not allowed to be driven through the campground. The sites were large and private with nice separation between sites, each had steel picnic tables, prep tables, and fire rings. And, terrible as it is, I even had cell service here! While I did not check it out, there is a group campground less than a mile just down the road. I would definitely camp here again, although maybe try and hit it right between the disappearance of snow and the appearance of mosquitos.

Fly fishing outfitter and campground in one

In Swan Valley the name of the game is fly fishing. This small campground is also a fly fishing outfitter and shop. While l was just passing through and I am not a fisherwoman, it seemed to offer pretty good services if that is your thing. I pulled in after hours but fortunately the owner’s dog alerted her to my presence and she was willing to open the office to rent me a tent site for the evening. There are 3ish tent sites(one was being worked on), about a half dozen pull thru RV sites, and 3 or 4 cabins for rent. There is a central bathhouse with two full bathrooms in a trailer for everyone to share. The bathhouse rooms are electronically accessed with codes the host gives you on check in. They were really nice and clean, like bathrooms in a typical modern home, except that one had the water heater tank in it and both had space heaters on the floor to plug in(fire hazard??). The tent site I chose was at the back of the campground so I didn’t have much highway noise, and fell asleep to the sound of the nearby horses grazing. Next door on the other side is a municipal building that appears to be the home base for the sheriff. The view of the back of the office/fly shop is not very picturesque, with boats and atv’s and odds and ends laying about. There are nice trees providing shade, but there is no real privacy between sites, tents, or cabins. The grass was quite lush, so I am wondering when the sprinkler system comes on. This place works as a layover or for someone who will take advantage of the fly fishing services, but not much else.

Simple primitive roadside campground

Your basic sites with fire ring and picnic table, pit toilets, and dumpster. Only con is it’s close to the road so you can hear traffic going by but otherwise it’s a simple $10/night pull in site.

OK for a night

By the time we arrived here, I was feeling a bit like Goldilocks, but we had pretty much decided we would stay unless it was truly horrible, which it was not. There are two entrances to the park; if approaching from the south, go to the second entrance, which is the main entrance. Although it is close to the Snake River, I do not know what the appeal would be to stay more than one night which is what we were doing while en-route to Grand Teton NP. Primitive campground (no water) with 31 sites, no reservations but no problem on a Sunday night in July. Each driveway is gravel; site T27 could accommodate an RV much larger than our 17-foot van. Large metal picnic table situated on a concrete pad, a garbage can, and a fire pit completed the site. Some of the sites were close together with no privacy to separate them; fortunately, there were many vacant spots so this was not an issue. Lots of road noise but there were sites tucked further back that would likely be quieter. Pit toilets only and they were reasonable. Hand sanitizer dispensers were a good idea but every single one was empty. Overflowing dumpster, due likely to the holiday weekend (we were there on Sunday after the 4th). Grass and weeds were a bit overgrown in the sites but not too terrible. Lots of cottonwood trees that were shedding their “snow” all around; thankfully we don’t have allergies. Interesting (and antiquated) payment system. Cash or check only. If paying cash, you must fold each individual bill into a tiny rectangle and then push it through the slot with the metal pusher that was attached. Might be fun for a kid to do! The price of$10 was just about right for this place.

Not our crowd

Let me preface this by saying that we have often found diamonds in the rough at county park campgrounds but are not finding this to be the case (at least so far) in Idaho. Situated on a lake, many of the “interior” sites are right on the lake, with direct lake access. The good news is that at 6 pm on a Sunday, the entrance booth was still staffed, although they could not tell us which sites were available. Instead, they told us to drive around and come back with several choices. There were several waterfront sites available and many of the ones across the street were vacant. This was our second attempt at finding a place to land for the night, but after taking a drive around, we decided to keep looking as this type of campground attracted more of the loud, partying, ATV driving type, which is not our crowd. However, in deference to those who prefer this type of campground, I am giving it three stars. 50 sites but only two pit toilets (plus a third by the beach). A few waterfront sites looked empty as were most of the sites on the other side of the road. Be forewarned that sites 39, 40, 43, 44, 47, and 48 back right up to Highway 20 so you will definitely hear road noise. If you like this type of campground, go for it; it was not our cup of tea!