The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Pierce , IDAHO

Camping Idaho Pierce Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Pierce Camping Reviews
Nice area but no water anywhere

When there is no running water at cites, I like to filter my own.

There’s no water areas like the cam grounds west to this along the river, so bring plenty of extra liquids especially when it’s hot.

As an avid star gazer, I found the levels of light pollution to be low. Not quite as good as the sawtooth mountains but you could see a lot more stars at this spot compared to others I’ve been to.

This area does close down mid fall season, so don’t expect to do any winter camping here.

When we backpacked this area we did not bring enough water to be happy mostly because I hoped to find some water somewhere and carrying the water is tiresome.

There are no restroom which makes sense and did not bother me.

Great for day use

I came here to hang out during a logging sports event and I really enjoyed the doc area where I sat with my feet in the water. We did not swim (except my dog), but we enjoyed the landscape and the lush green grass they were growing.

I do want to camp in this park but we were camping at another location with the logger sports team.

A very nice area

This spot is killer! A tad pricey but it’s really oriented towards RV camping so it’s not that surprising.

Very scenic area with a spot by the river suitable to sunbathe or have lunch

When my partner and I came to this campground while exploring how far the roads went, we found a camp site that was just right to the road. The roads are not busy but it is a bumpy long drive to this area with 45 mins on gravel roads.

To the left of the campground entrance there is a small hill and then a flat small field where we lounged and are apples and cheese while sucking up the sun. The ranger here is in a motorcycle and stops by the formal campgrounds (like this one and Boyd campground) frequently. But he does leave the dispersed camping all around unattended.

We ran into him 3 times and chatted while we explored all what this area had to offer. They are well versed about both the campsites and the dispersed areas so if you come and it is full, like when I went, flag him down as he can likely point you to somewhere you can find a spot.

There was cover in the later campsites, but the campground is seasonal and when it does close you can’t access the remainder of the road from this point.

Clean and private!

The restrooms here are some of the cleanest of the campgrounds in the area.

This camp site is not open year round but I’m not exactly sure when it closes. I came here to do some late fall camping and it was closed.

But I have been here on two other occasions, as it’s close by and often is not full. There is a place to pump water which makes packing in a bit less work. I still filter the water because you never know.

It’s not gravel, but paved areas so walking barefoot was comfy minus the occasional rock.

With wildlife right on your doorstep and Deary just a stones throw away, you won’t regret staying in this area.

I always go to The Pie Safe when I visit one of the three campsites in this region. You should too! It’s amazing.

Sleep soundly to the fast flowing river!

I came here with a large group. The river was very fast flowing and would not make a good swimming area.

Listening to the river was amazing.

Convenient stopover spot

Small campground right off the road, easy to drive in and make the loop to check out the sites.  Small hill, but no issues towing our travel trailer out the next morning.  There's a pretty stream alongside, plus a trail that seems to go back for a ways into the valley beyond.  Not much road noise at night.  A great spot on our way to Jackson.

We had the place to ourselves!

The reservoir was pretty low but the camp site was incredible #48. We had water and electric. Cool little guided nature trail for an evening walk with out little one to learn about animal tracks

Three Rivers Resort in Idaho

So, I’m not sure why “resort” is in the title, this certainly not a resort in the traditional sense. But, this is a great place to stop if headed up the Lochsa River and has something for everyone.

The “resort” has riverfront cabins, double occupancy motel rooms, A frame cabins, RV spots with hookups and a large tent camping area for motorcyclists, bicyclists and hikers. The mix of campers makes thing interesting. Add to this that the river raft guides take out at this location and this is a busy and fun place to spend a night. It has been very busy every time I have stopped, often full of RV’s with families spending a long weekend.

There is a small market, restaurant and bar, and an outdoor pool and hot tub. The market is well stocked with most of what you might have forgot to pack. They sell firewood as well. The bar offers typical burgers and bar fare and was lively enough even in peak Covid. This is Idaho after all, Covid seems like an afterthought in most of central and North Idaho.

The resort is located along a sweeping bend of the Lochsa river, which the highway follows on the opposite side. With the proximity of the highway, the RV’s in the campground, the cabins, etc, this is not a tranquil wilderness campground. It is however a great spot to spend the night while passing through.

I was on a motorcycle and there were probably 8-10 other riders tent camping. Several fires were going and folks were friendly and outgoing. There was no cell service for AT&T, but the market and bar had WiFi that you could access by sitting outside the front door.

I’ve stayed here 3 times and it will always be on my list when passing through this part of Idaho.

Beautiful lake front campsites!

The camp host is very nice. In the morning there is a beautiful fog that comes off the water. The sites have varying amount of privacy so you can find a spot that suits your preferences. There are fishing and small boat docks. I’ve been up here a lot! It’s my favorite close by paid camping ground.

There are some trails at the end of the campground that trail up and around and connect to trails that lead back to campground areas. Dogs are permitted!

If you get extra time, take a day lunch trip to The Pie Safe nearby. You won’t regret it!