The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Princeton , CALIFORNIA

Camping California Princeton Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Princeton Camping Reviews
Nice Oaky Campsite

Was 0.75 miles away from water (we have been in a drought?) but beautiful spacious campsite. Even with annoying neighbors, you can have peace and quiet. Fun, almost hidden area that I didn’t know existed before this trip.

Great, peaceful

Great Lake and RV Park. We stayed in spot 110 with a lakefront view

Made Myself at Home

I came to Colusa for work and only needed to stay for a couple of days, but I found the campground a comfortable spot to settle in for the week and catch up on some writing. I enjoyed biking the path along the river and fishing in the evenings. There are stray cats around town and the park. I lured one in with some treats.

Not so happy—-

Once again I am finding those forest pictures posted are NOT of this RV park. Lot of long term residents at this park. Could find little help. Had no choice as needed to crash somewhere. No one really to help us. Never again. Got in, slept, got out. Failed to take any actual pictures.

Strict rules but clean facilities

If you need a place to stop and sleep and nothing else, this is your place! Clean bathrooms in the remodeled facility,easy pull through spots fitting both big rvs and little vans like mine. Hot and windy, but very quiet little park and didn't hear highway at all.

Awesome lake and a ton of deer

We had such a fun time at this campground. Our site was in Section A on a dry creek bed. Dry in August at least. Each day a family of deer came thru our site and were so tame they ate fruit right out of the kids' hands. So cool! It was over 100 degrees the wknd we were there so we spent practically the whole wknd in the lake. It was the perfect temperature to sit in for hours. No motorized water craft kept it quiet. I really wish I'd brought my canoe. We went during COVID so the pool and some other amenities were closed.

Love Collins lake!

We have been here 5 times already this year. We love the lake, hookups for the motorhome and ice cream! Wonderful place!

Most of the sites were not very level

There were several groups partying loudly well after midnight , and the water was nearly a mile walk to the boat ramp and almost 2 mikes to a “beach” that was closed. New construction might make some of this better, but unless something drastic changes I’m scratching this one off my list.

Words Can't Describe!

This is the most gorgeous place to camp. Great for gold mining and swimming as well as kid friendly dly and fun. Lots to see and do in this gem of a spot. Come see for yourself.

Its all About Location!

This campground is at the base or trailhead to the hike up to Feather Falls.  And it is Feather Falls that makes this worth the trip.  The hike up splits into a longer but more gentle hike up the hill or a shorter steeper hike. But either get you to the top where you can see Feather Falls and lunch in the meadow.

You have to be careful at the top as there is some private property there. I have seen people camp at the top but not sure that is "legal."

The campground itself is a regular sparse forest service campground.  But a good staging area for the Feather Falls hike.