The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Palo Verde , CALIFORNIA

Camping California Palo Verde Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Palo Verde Camping Reviews
An old park

This is an old run down over priced park. I paid $127 for 4 nights. They still use glass fuses instead of breakers. My first night here my power went out while I was preparing breakfast, a fuse blew, I hadn’t even turned the Keurig on …nothing was on but the tv. The park does not offer WiFi or cable. There are no channels on the tv scan and no near by cell towers. Even with a booster cell reception horrible.

Desert camping

Big area with lots of places to camp. There is a host, & they would like you to register with them. It is a 14 day dispersed site. I found a nice level site with campfire pit not too far from the host site about halfway down Dome Rock road. A bit windy at times, and you can hear the I-10 traffic, which didn’t bother me. And It’s FREE to camp for 14 days!

A whole lotta nothin' around

Which I loved!

Pit toilets, no water, a little cell service with ATT. Half the sites were full but with quiet folks. There's a little hike from the campground and an abandoned cabin to check out nearby.

2WD can make it just fine, but probably good to have a AWD/4WD after a heavy rain.

I was the only one there the first week of January y

Well was dry, luckily I carry water.

Beautiful canyon hikes, climbs and views.

Petroglyphs and historic mining cabin

Someone drops off scrap wood for campfires

I'll be back

Great for what it is

This was an unexpected one-nighter and we lucked out with a water-front site! Don't expect a lot - it's a parking lot more or less - but it gets the job done and it's better than others out there even though its a bit pricy.

We showed up on Xmas day so the manager was nice enough to call and let us know where we could get our passes & how to get in. There are some cute little cabins and a rec hall (closed for covid) and they seem to have a little community here. There's even a tiny dog park which they created a dog bath inside - very thoughtful! There was full hookups at the site so that was a nice luxury for us.

The river is a little rundown and sad looking - but people were trying to fish anyway. And although the sites didn't have a campfire, there was a group one right on the beach with a bunch of wood. Wish we had seen that earlier! Lots of dogs but they all behaved and mine got to splash around in the water.

Very clean restrooms although they are asking that people don't use them right now (covid) which could be why they were so clean.

Close to town

Dome Rock Rd. is close to Quartzsite and the Tyson Wells shopping tents that set up in January. If you're looking for quartz, this is the place to go. Gets crowded in peak season, so finding a more secluded spot may pose a challenge. Lots of fire pits. Be careful of large rocks

Easy drive, not packed

This road is 20 miles from Quartzsite, so it isn't tightly packed. Lots of fire pits, easy drive in. If you're staying for the season, you can alternate here and Plomosa Rd. At a certain point this road turns from BLM into Kofa Wildlife Refuge, so be mindful of where you camp

Lots of things to do!

Little privacy at each site which is to be expected in the desert. Quite a few full timers. Nice laundry, pool, dog area, pickle ball, horseshoes. There's even a pea patch for gardeners.

Desert Gold - Seasonal

Huge park (over 500 sites) with the usual outdoor activities (pool, mini golf, dog area, horseshoes, etc). Snowbird rate as of 12/20 is $1,695

Great seasonal rates

Lots of older trailers and permanent older RVs. This is a trailer park with seasonal RV spaces and they offer overnighters and short term stays. Shorter term sites are gravel patches with no privacy. The seasonal rate is great, $1145 as of 12/20 for Oct 1-Apr 30. Store right outside the entrance.