The best TENT SITES camping near
Palo Verde , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Palo Verde Camping Reviews
24 hrs in the SLABS

Ok I went here hoping to spend more than 24 hrs and explore and what not but I stuck out like a sore thumb with a military truck and decent travel trailer. Theirs TOOO much need in this community (comparable to skid row if your familiar but in the desert) This is more than just DISPERSED camping where you pull over and kick back. Its literally survival at all times because that’s what THEY are doing in the desert. I could not sleep with all the evening noises and people tweaking/high on something walking around. That all said Salvation Mountain is pretty amazing and safe due to its state protected and at entrance into the Slabs so it’s well traveled. So much LOVE went into it. Do drive around the outskirts of the slabs some too and you’ll find plenty of random desert art that Slabs City is known for.

An old park

This is an old run down over priced park. I paid $127 for 4 nights. They still use glass fuses instead of breakers. My first night here my power went out while I was preparing breakfast, a fuse blew, I hadn’t even turned the Keurig on …nothing was on but the tv. The park does not offer WiFi or cable. There are no channels on the tv scan and no near by cell towers. Even with a booster cell reception horrible.

Wide Open Area!

Scaddan Wash is a 14 day camping area with NO amenities. Very close to town for everything you need though. Road noise from I-8 at all times, but after a few days it becomes background noise. :) Beautiful sunsets and sunrises if you get up early!  Pretty level area too. Good cell for Verizon, ATT and TMobile although the more people the more the towers in Quartzsite become congested and in time it will slow down service.

Desert camping

Big area with lots of places to camp. There is a host, & they would like you to register with them. It is a 14 day dispersed site. I found a nice level site with campfire pit not too far from the host site about halfway down Dome Rock road. A bit windy at times, and you can hear the I-10 traffic, which didn’t bother me. And It’s FREE to camp for 14 days!

Excellent remote-ish campground!

Stayed for two nights with a group of friends. Super nice camp host, good fishing on the river. We had 2 cars so we were able to float down the river in an inflatable raft for a day trip and drive back up w/the second car. Site has water, bathrooms, wood for sale and is super close to town if you need to pick something up at the store, but still feels far enough away to be a nice retreat.

Not much else to do other than fish and float (no close hikes).

A whole lotta nothin' around

Which I loved!

Pit toilets, no water, a little cell service with ATT. Half the sites were full but with quiet folks. There's a little hike from the campground and an abandoned cabin to check out nearby.

2WD can make it just fine, but probably good to have a AWD/4WD after a heavy rain.

I was the only one there the first week of January y

Well was dry, luckily I carry water.

Beautiful canyon hikes, climbs and views.

Petroglyphs and historic mining cabin

Someone drops off scrap wood for campfires

I'll be back

Close to town

Dome Rock Rd. is close to Quartzsite and the Tyson Wells shopping tents that set up in January. If you're looking for quartz, this is the place to go. Gets crowded in peak season, so finding a more secluded spot may pose a challenge. Lots of fire pits. Be careful of large rocks

Easy drive, not packed

This road is 20 miles from Quartzsite, so it isn't tightly packed. Lots of fire pits, easy drive in. If you're staying for the season, you can alternate here and Plomosa Rd. At a certain point this road turns from BLM into Kofa Wildlife Refuge, so be mindful of where you camp

Lots of things to do!

Little privacy at each site which is to be expected in the desert. Quite a few full timers. Nice laundry, pool, dog area, pickle ball, horseshoes. There's even a pea patch for gardeners.