About Quartzite - La Posa
Bureau of Land Management
No Market
Quartzite - La Posa is located in Arizona
4 Reviews of Quartzite - La Posa
Absolutetly Awesome ! Very friendly ,a most welcoming staff at the office .

THIS was my first time here in Quartzsite,Az. I stayed at La Posa South. It has been awesome!

I have made many acquaintances ,and friendships

With neighboring RVers, tent dwellers and van dwellers.The beautiful sunsets and sunrises.<

Although there is no electricity ,they do have clean / toilets , dumpsters and potable water as well as non potable.

They also have non - potable water, and places for emptying our Rv tanks.

Yok can buy a pass ($180 to stay for 7 months in the winter,from Sept.15- April 15.

If you decide to stay in summer you pay $75. You can cam 14 days and then move 25 miles away every two weeks.

There are many options to accommodate your camping experience.

I have taken beautiful pictures since being here.

I most deffinately will be coming back.

Gem show

I come here every year for the gem show!

Nice in winter

Get away from it all out in the desert in winter. Beautiful, quiet, remote sites-with only the distant hum of the freeway to contend with. Dry camp. Wonderful sites & smells, I liked walking in eves & morns. Desert sky at night is awesome. Many memories here- all of them good.

Camping in the winter in the desert, nice

I camped in La Posa South area which is one of several areas for long term camping on BLM land near Quartzsite, AZ. You can buy a permit to camp in any of the areas for the season which I believe starts in November and ends in April. They also offer permits for two week intervals if you are not planning on camping all season. It is dry camping although there is a dump station and water available along with a row of dumpsters in each area for trash. This place fills up in the winter but there are still plenty of areas to find a good camping spot. If you do camp farther out watch out for traffic from ATV's and four wheelers who don't seem to believe the speed limits apply to them.