Scotts Crossroad , VIRGINIA

Most Recent Scotts Crossroad Camping Reviews
One of the best!

North Bend is beautiful. Sites right on the water!The lot was level and I didn’t feel like I was on top of my neighbors. The facilities are well maintained and they have handicap bathroom and shower stalls. I will be going back to this campground and lake! Saw eagles, ospreys, and herons daily.

Great Park!

Occoneechee was a great state park to stay at. We enjoyed the awesome views, friendly staff, and walking trails. We will be back!

We loved our site!

We only stayed a night because we were just passing through but we really liked our site #59. There was plenty of room for our 31ft airstream and had a neat large second level part to our site with a picnic table and fire pit. We wish we could have stayed longer to explore the campground more because the lake looked really beautiful and peaceful. Only downside is if you don’t have a bathroom in your rig or if you are tent camping the nearest bathroom to this site was a outhouse. There was a nicer shower and bathroom farther away that we drove to. But it wasn’t a huge deal to us.

Incredible Weekend Retreat!

Awesome campground! Great hikes and trails! Beautiful lake! I will be back!!!

Great Summer Camping

Nice small state park. The kids loved swimming in the lake while the parents loved kayaking and fishing. It was too hot to hike while we were there, but there seemed to be plenty of trails.

Get place to get away

Not far from the Roanoke River and right around the corner from Halifax, this spot is perfect for getting away from it all. Walking trails along the mountainside with small bridges over a creek offer a scenic view. Gazebo with grills and bathrooms are located a small walk from the tent sites.

Quiet Campground

Quiet, beautiful and Dog Friendly! There are beautiful trails for hiking and a ton of fishing spots! It had been over 25 years since my last trip and it hasn’t lost it’s charm one bit. It’s the perfect relaxing getaway! Phone service is in and out but we didn’t mind, it was nice to escape the world for a while.

Great campground!

We spent one night here in April. It was great!

There are some pretty easy hiking trails, great for kids. Really beautiful wooded area. The campground was everything you could ask for! Large, level sites that are very secluded and far apart from each other. Bathrooms were clean and well situated. Very family-friendly!

We want to come back soon!

The last summer with the guys

I absolutely loved Occoneechee the drive for me kills the my gas but it was definitely worth it the standard electric sites are in good shape and if your lucky on what your reserve you can get right on the water which is awesome until it’s 4:00 in the morning and the bass anglers are drive there speed boats but all in all this get a five star because the camps sites accommodated every me and buddies needs.

Great yurt camping!

This was our first time staying in a yurt and we loved it!

Its like tent camping except you get to sleep in a bed. We stayed in September so the fact that there is no AC or electricity in the yurt was not an issue because the weather was moderate. Yurt 1 is a bit of a walk to the bathrooms, that is the only negative thing I can think of. The beds were comfortable. You have to bring your own sheets and pillows.  There is also a small table and chairs inside the yurt. Loved that there was no tent to pack up when it was time to leave! There  was a fire ring and picnic table outside as well as a large deck around the yurt with two rocking chairs. Driving around the campground, there are some fantastic waterfront sites in the same loop as the yurts that we'd love to come back and stay at! They have great views of Buggs Island Lake.

We did some hiking while we were there but there are not a ton of trails. We spent most of our free time at the splash pad. The kids loved that!

Overall this is a great little park! I only gave it 4 stars because there's not a ton to do.