Hildale, UTAH

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Hildale Camping Reviews
Great to be back

I stayed at Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park for a few nights last year and loved it so much that I came back with a friend for a few nights. The campground itself is awesome. Each site has a picnic table, grill, fire pit, good parking, trees, and a water pump nearby. The bathrooms are nice (real plumbing) and the showers are heavenly after days on the road without a way to bathe. Love the sand dunes as well. All of the campsites are with in a reasonable distance to the bathrooms and the stars are amazing here.

This is an awesome place to stay if you want to be close to both Bryce and Zion National Parks. Only downside is that there is absolutely NO cell signal. Great place to get away from everything, but if you're trying to be in contact with the outside world this is not the place to do it.

2 for the view!

First off let me say this is not a review on either the cabin or the tents. Usually I am pretty easy when it comes to reviewing sites. I know that everyone has their on preferences on what they like and dislike about where we stay. The Water canyon Cliffside is basically a site that someone took a bulldozer and knocked down some trees and made a slight effort at leveling. I camp with a rooftop tent mounted on a Ford F-150 so I don't need much to make a site work, but I do need a somewhat level place to park and room to open the tent. The site I was assigned was so off level I would have had to put 8" of block under my tires and then open up with my ladder either on the heavy downhill slope or up against a hill with big rocks and cactus. My only option was to setup in the turnaround at the top of the road, if only they put that much work into their camp sites. I don't see how the smaller tent sites were much better, especially having to pay for the privilege! In summary, find a different place if you can, the tents looked nice, the bathroom was decent except that in the dark you potentially have the danger of stepping in a vicious grouping of cactus. I think if your going to run a campground, you should put a little more effort into making it useable.

Plenty of isolated locations 5 mins off interstate Hw

If you are pulling a trailer and looking for a quick stop off the interstate you’re in luck. Furthermore if you want to take a van, truck, or car in further you can. In my typical fashion we don’t like to camp too close to others and we were able to do this in spectacular fashion. By driving past the mining operation you will find yourself on a less maintained road (having multi-ply tires is nice), from there you can take the road hours in or even for 5 minutes and find a quiet unique camping spot.

We ended up camping about 10-15 minutes away from the freeway with an awesome view of mesquite in the distance.

When it rains watch your step the ground will get muddy and there is a chance of having strong wind gusts.

Beautiful. Fresh. Full of Life

I have been at this campground twice and both times have been fun. The camp comes well equipped with bathrooms and water pumps to put out campfires. The sites are evenly spaced out and they are clean. The mornings are usually fresh due to the amount of shade the canyon receives and you most likely will see deer roaming around looking for food. I will be camping here in the near future!

Great stopover for long roadtrips

This is an AMAZING and easy stopover on the way from Colorado to California. It is within an hour of Hurricane and a little over an hour from Vegas.

It is a perfect water stop on hot days. The camping is only $8 per site. They are open to the elements but on a long drive it is a welcomed sidetrack to be on.

There are semi clean bathrooms, trash, covered picnic tables and water access. It is off the main highway so there is a tiny bit of noise but the landscape more than makes up for it with it's red beauty and lovely water fun! I haven't seen a ranger here in the 4 times i've stayed but the self pay station is self explanatory.

Update: The recreation area is closed for right now due to construction but will reopen soon.

In one word: Meh.

There is nothing impressive about this campground. If you have an RV/trailer and it’s all that is available, it will do. If you are tent camping- find somewhere else. I have no intention of ever going back or revisiting this place. The staff wasn’t very friendly and the sites were just dusty/dirt. This is my least favorite campground- ever.

Pros: location, location, location. Close to the south entrance of Zion National Park. I think you can even float the Virgin River from the campground (we went in the fall and it was too cold for us). Facilities were clean. Close to shops/restaurants. Cell phone service (T Mobile).

Cons: Busy and commercialized. Since it’s behind a hotel, don’t expect to be camping “in nature”. We should have just stayed in the hotel. Staff was acceptable, but not overly friendly.

Wonderful site

This camp site was awesome! Had plenty of openings, reasonable price and full hookup! At the site we were on there was a creek behind us which we loved and so did our dogs! Friendly neighbors! Beautiful place. Located close to Zion park. A lot of off road adventures near by

Hard to find but close to National Monuments

This dispersed camping area was incredibly hard to find. I ended up at Pipe Springs National Monument and got specific directions from the ranger there. Here are his words, "5 miles East of Pipe Spring National monument on 389, Torowepe rd. goes south. It's a dirt road. Check the road and count the cattle guards. You can't camp between the 2nd and 3rd cattle guard because it is state trust land but between the 3rd and 4th cattle guard is BLM. Right after the 3rd cattle guard is a fence and there is a large open area to the right. You will need to get off the main road and gets quieter the farther you get off the road."

There is cell phone service but it is spotty.  It is a washboard dirt road but passable most of the year.

Once we got out there we didn't see anyone, which was lovely. The main reason for the low rating is the difficulty of finding it. The ground was also very rocky and not many places to park a large RV, just car camping or small campers.

There were also a lot of cars driving down that road and a lot of off roading that happens out there so be prepared to hear motors.

It is really close to Pipe Spring national Monument and Navajo Monument if you want to take some afternoon trips to visit the monuments.

Beautiful Scenery

Dry camping. They have a few spots with hook ups but you are basically in a parking lot just feet away from next RV. Many spots not level. No shade. Scenery is very nice. Colored rocks. Not far from St.George. Was very hot for May. They have showers public restrooms.

Plan B

We waited too long to plan our Grand Canyon North Rim trip so this place was the only option for full hooks up on the North Rim. It’s a good back up option If the National Park sites are all booked. The North Rim only receives about 10% of the overall visitors to the GCNP, so its way less crowded and worth the trip. If you’re looking to ride your dirt bike/ATV, this might be the perfect site. We didn’t bring ours, but we wished he had since there are trails near by the site.

On the drive into the park you can see deer (lots at twilight) and bison.

Pros: lots of trees, toilets, sinks and fire pits. Market onsite with essentials. Access to off road trails for ATVs/dirt bikes.

Cons: The sites are very small and cramped. 45 minute drive to the rim. “Jacob Lake” is a pond- set your expectations accordingly. You have to pay for showers.