About Quail Creek State Park
Quail Creek State Park is located in Utah
11 Reviews of Quail Creek State Park
Pretty setting

Site #17. Campground sits right on the lake. We were there on a 75 degree day. Beware no shade and can be windy.

Nice views, no shade

Probably best to avoid in summer. The weather is really hot and, being in the desert virtually no shade. The lake is fun to swim in and the water is clean. Zion is within an hour drive. We stayed a few night in September and as soon as the sun set an incredible amount of gnats would come out making it impossible to keep any headlamps/lights on. The bathrooms were clean and the views were great but the gnats were definitely annoying. Winter would probably be better.

Beautiful Landscape!

I could sit all day and watch the clouds! It’s a beautiful, clean spot to stop and camp for a day or two.

No Swimmer's Itch here

This lake is very close to Sand Hollow State Park, it's a nice lake, with good campgrounds and they do not have the same problems with Swimmer's Itch

Nice spot, be aware of the hours

This is a nice spot and we enjoyed our stay. Great scenery, nice to have a shade and table. While it wasn't private, we didn't feel right up against the other sites.

Not being from Utah, the hours limiting when you can come and go from the campground were annoying. We arrived the first night after they closed, so we had to park on the street and carry our tent and bags down a desert hillside to our spot. We still enjoyed our stay, I'm just pointing it out for others who haven't come across this before. Where I'm from if a campground has hours, it means there won't be someone there to pay when they're closed- that's not the case here. You actually can't get in if they're closed.

Crazy Beautiful

Literally the friendliest camp ranger in the world- gave us so much good info on the park and surrounding area. The campground is set on a gorgeous reservoir, get site QU18, it is the best (says me and the friendly park ranger)! Farthest from the rest of the sites, and right by the water. Good tent pad, fire ring, picnic table, and shade structure.

Quail Creek Reservoir, near Hurricane, UT

Beautiful views of the reservoir, filled with the Virgin River, surrounded by red sandstone. Big & clear star-filled night sky! Affordable, quiet, hosts are friendly & attentive, restrooms are very clean with flushing toilets & sinks with soap, water via taps. Picnic table covers are cute & reminiscent of stage coach covers, but a bit impractical, as one side is too close to the wood slates & iron poles, and you'll get ankle bangs & scrapes if you're not careful! Boat launching, fish cleaning facilities, and Dig Paddlesports has a shop for paddle board & kayak rentals. Fairly dry & hot, even in Sept, so check the weather.

Quail Creek State Park

This is a nice little campground on the lake shore. Seems most campers were here to enjoy the warm (too warm for me) lake. While it looked like sites were mostly level, I had to work a little to position the tent where I wouldn't roll out. The picnic tables and fire rings were standard. With all of the lake users, the bathroom and shower house was not as clean as I would have liked, but to be fair, it was a holiday weekend and there were a TON of people out enjoying the lake swimming, boating, kayaking, racing on sea-do's, SUP'ing. The campground hosts were super nice and accommodating, and very busy as they seemed to be in charge of checking in campers as well as collecting fees from lake users. Not much privacy here, and there were quite a few RV's (but not the huge ones) with generators.

Beautiful spot but...

Only problem here is that they lock you out of the park by 10pm, that is kind of annoying!

3 1/2 star

site: not private. noisy. average. not very well kept. amenities: semi-clean. busy. attractions: near Zion. I might camp here again.