Equestrian
About Zion Canyon Campground

This spacious piece of paradise has been owned and operated by the Ferber family since 1973 when the adjoining Zion Canyon Campground and RV resort was founded by David Ferber. Our staff has explored the canyons and surrounding areas and can be quite helpful about where to go, what to wear and who to see for the outdoor adventure of a lifetime.

After a long day come back to your site and freshen up for dinner with a choice of more than a dozen local eateries from casual to upscale all within a shuttle from our campground. After dinner sit outside and watch the sunset under The Watchman, a truly breathtaking sight.

Private
Hike In
Zion Canyon Campground is located in Utah
37.1935 N
23 Reviews of Zion Canyon Campground
Everyone should visit at least once

Absolutely beautiful a hikers paradise the deer walked right through our campsite in the evening Go!

Next to Park Entrance

This is an awesome campground!  With full hookup’s and a creek within the campground.

Convenient

The campground is just outside Zion National Park. It’s located in basically a small town with whatever you will need during your stay. The campground itself has lots of shade; some spots even next to a small river. Being able to cool off either in the river or the pool is clutch in the summer months. It’s definitely packed in here on the weekends with neighbors right next to you. People were friendly and staff was great! Bathrooms had A/C and were very clean; showers as well. Would definitely stay again in a tent; our spot J24!

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

Everything you’d expect from a campground/RG park right next to a major National Park. Everything you need. Loved it would def stay again.

Best All Around Destination

Zion national park is one of the most amazing parks and is highly recommended to spend multiple days in order to experience all the park destinations. We spent 3 nights at this campground with 17 total people (10 adults and 7 kids). The campground is not located inside Zion park but it’s so close that you can easily walk to the park entrance (10-15 walk with kids). There is also a town shuttle that picks you up directly in front of the campground office, the town shuttle is small and fills up quick so walking is a great alternative to getting to the park. There is also plenty of great shops along the way, coffee in the mornings, or a fantastic brewery for lunch and dinner. The campground offers full hook ups for RV’s and nice sites along the river for tents with nice clean large bathrooms. Campsites include a fire pit, grill, and picnic tables for every site. Sites are close together but well kept with trees. Campers have access to the hotel pool, laundry, kids playground, and WiFi (which was surprisingly fast). There’s plenty of restaurants within walking distance and a decent market located directly across the street. But the most amazing part of this campground is the spectacular views and easy accessibility to Zion park and other amenities.

Glamping

Great amenities! I mean there was a pool, water, fire wood, bathrooms, showers (6min per token, one token per person per night) but very much glamping. Your site is a fenced in square in the middle of a field with maybe a planted tree. I had trouble finding kindling for our fire bc we were kinda in the middle of a parking lot. Also kinda pricey but it’s so close to Zion it’s worth it, especially bc you can park your car at the site then walk to the entrance of zion! Like 10-15min walk

Great Assessability to Zion NP

Location is great for access to Zion NP. Has all amenities. Reserve early is a must. Within walking distance to many Springfield restaurants.

Tight sites, nice view, clean bathrooms

Tent sites are on top of each other. It is not quiet as you’re near to RVs and quiet hours are not fully respected. But the view is very nice, and the bathrooms are clean. It’s near food/grocery and the park. The shuttle picks up in front of Campground.

Very popular due to having regular shuttles daily

Zion NP is one of the most beautiful places to visit ever. There is a bus shuttle that regularly picks up and drops off visitors, and many visitors will stack stones up to mark their trail. You'll also see raindrops in some parts of the parks, even though it's completely dry. Breathtaking to visit!

Potato Hollow Springs-- Oofos Oolala

Potato Hollow #8 camp site is part of the West Rim Trail in the Zion National Park. The hike to camp site 8, I would rate as difficult but it is well worth the trek. The view is fantastic and you encounter so much wild life (all different types of birds, baby frogs, horny toads, deer, snakes, raccoon), just watch for Rattle Snakes in the warmer months. To reach this camp site you might want to bring trekking poles because the trails can become very steep and eroded. At camp site 8 there are no restrooms, please pack out what you packed in. There is nothing worse than coming across other campers trash in such a beautiful place. You will need to pack in water as well! But there is a stream close by you will need a handy dandy shovel to dig down to it, also a good filtration system would be very beneficial. You do need a camping permit to camp here. So, be sure to plan ahead! We had an absolute blast pushing ourselves to the limit and enjoying what nature had in store. On this backpacking trip we encountered a thunderstorm every night at 5pm and with it came rain, hail, wind and whatever else nature decided would be a great addition! It was a bit intimidating but well worth the trip! You will need to purchase a discovery pass or Zion National Park Pass as well as your permits. You can bike to this camp site as well.

Cons:

No safe water to drink without filtration system and you have to dig for it

No bathrooms, so leave no trace please

No trash cans

Pros:

The difficult trail

The Views and wild life

Best quiet sleep of your life!

No power hookups or cell service

Ranger Review: Oofos Oolala at Potato Hollow Campsite #8

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get the wonderful opportunity to test products from time to time, today I am testing Oofos Oolala recovery shoes. These shoes are great recovery shoes and I have been testing them out to the max. I have used them as shower shoes at a KOA in Salt Lake. These shoes are very light weight and comfortable. The first time I walked around in Oofos Oolala Recovery shoe I lost my balance, it was pretty funny to watch. So, just prepare yourself before adventuring too far in them.

I took my Oofos on my camping trip to switch out of once we were done hiking and setting up camp. It was a great idea but these shoes aren't really geared for people who have blisters. They comfortably cradle your feet and help reduce the stress on your feet and knees after a long day, but they do have this amazing ability to press on every single one of your blisters after a long backpacking trip! Ouch. The rubber does tend to heat up too, so if you have dirt on your feet, the shoes cause your feet to sweat and the sweat rubs the dirt and then you're left with an odd looking rash. So, I wouldn't recommend taking these as an extra pair of shoes to switch out of after a day of backpacking. They are unstable to walk in on uneven terrain, much too hot, press on blisters not for the rustic life style.

I do recommend these shoes for urban use! I work and stand on cement floors every day and when I come home my feet are killing me. One day I decided to try my Oofos when I got home from work and these shoes helped relieve all the pain in my feet, lower back and helped with the extreme level of fatigue I was feeling. I felt as good as new! These shoes are a real feet saver after a full day at work or after a long run. They even work great as shower shoes! I love the color and style of them, they fit my feet perfectly. I am an 8.5 and I had to order a half size up. I did get the Oofos OOMG shoe as well but should have ordered a full size up, they are too short and I haven't been able to review them. =( But my Oofos Oolala are very comfortable, they do not slip off my feet (not even when they are wet) like so many flipflops usually do. They also float! So if they do fly off the back of a boat don't worry! They wont sink!

I give my Oofos Oolala 5 stars, they didn't really help out on my camping trip but they have saved my feet after a long week at work.

Thank you for letting me test Oofos Oolala!