Add Review
Hike In
Arch Rock is located in Nevada
3 Reviews of Arch Rock
Quick, Easy, AWESOME

We pulled into the campground at 1am on our way from California to Colorado. Just $20 for vehicle entrance with camping included. Woke up to an amazing red rock landscape of varying heights and climbability. HEADS UP: Park in spot #8-10 because they are shaded longer into the morning! We woke up to scorching heat in spot #4.

One of my favorites

My friends and I came here as somewhat of a celebration vacation. We had a little trouble our first night because we arrived so late and the campsites are first come first serve, but the next day we were able to score two of the walk-in campsites. Both have fire rings and a picnic table, and it provided us with enough privacy to truly enjoy our space, but we were close enough to cook dinner and have fires together at night. It’s so incredible laying in a smooth rock cove, eating hot dogs and laughing with your friends! I love the walk in camp sites here and will probably be back in the future

Not as “modern” but more beautiful!

There are two campgrounds in Valley of Fire: Atlatl with showers, modern bathrooms, and RV hookups but we decided on Arch Rock. Only vault toilets but the 29 campsites are tucked in among the red rocks more so than at Atlatl. Some are more private than others (22-24 are the best in my opinion). We ended up at 27 which had a nice secluded area where we could enjoy a campfire. Stargazing was amazing! (Hard to believe we were only an hour from the light pollution of Las Vegas!) Each Site has a fire ring and bbq. Sites are large and each has a covered picnic table (essential in the heat). They are very sandy and you will get sand and pebbles in your sandals if that is your footwear of choice! The flies were pesky, there was no cell service and be aware your voice will echo among the rocks but this was a very beautiful setting to camp! No reservations and we were lucky to get a site on a Friday at the end of April.