Tilden, NEBRASKA

Most Recent Tilden Camping Reviews
Will stay again

Clean, all hookups, next to city park. Reasonable $15 nite

Great place to tent camp!

The only issue I have is when the algae bloom happens every year, then there is no water activity permitted

Power and water next to the swimming pool- free for 3 days!

This park is right of Highway 30 and if you are passing through and want power and water for a few days this should be your stop. unlike other city parks, this one has a burn pit.

I would assume that campers would have use of the shower facility at the pool, but if not, you could just spend a few bucks and swim all day and shower at the end.

Grocery store downtown had great steak prices and good price on ice.

City Park with Hookups- Close to Swimming and Putt- Putt Golf

Park by the fairgrounds and ballpark. Small town with a cool looking putt-putt golf course.

Daily, weekly, and even monthly rates. RV dump and flush toilets. Showers at the pool can be used for free.

Electric Hook-ups. 3 sites with sewer hookups.

Primitive Camping by a Hydro Plant

Nice playground, picnic tables, and charcoal grills. Clean restroom. Free tent camping. good fishing in the canal. Close to town yet far enough away.

Nice parks in town including a memorial to Andrew Jackson Higgins, the inventor of the Higgins landing craft,

Mammoth waterpark.

Better park for a picnic than camping.

Free Campground with Hookup next to Lake and Wetland

The campground has multiple hookups with gravel slabs, picnic tables, and firepits with grates. in addition, many have raised charcoal grills. A paved walking trail goes from the campground and connects to a system of trails. Vault toilet was clean and close.

The camp area was close to a heavily trafficked road but it caused little disturbance. the toilet had no doors making it a concern if you were to enter and discover someone in use and made it uneasy when you were using it yourself for the same reason.

Columbus has a lot going on including a large waterpark.

Free Lakeside Camping with hookup

This camping area has open sites close to the edge of the lake. Electric hookups, toilets, and convenience store close by.

The lake is artificial and has steep metal walls like a reservoir, which was probably what it was. Next to the reservoir is a large wetland teaming with wildlife. There is a long paved trail that skirts the lake.

Columbus Nebraska has a lot going on including a rather mammoth waterpark.

Beautiful But Without Water in the Off Season

Electric sites by the highway near the park entrance, but don't overlook the 4 RV sites by the fishing pond. Cabins, primitive camping, hiking, and lovely scenery.

Campsite #43 is the only site with what I would call a view, but the view from there is excellent. The hiking was great. The area is pretty cool with Native American exhibits, the casino, and Lewis and Clark Lake nearby.

Though we loved the scenery and wanted to stay, the park had shut off all the water. We expected the $15 off-season price since there were no longer horse rides, pool or other activities but there were no showers or restrooms in the RV site. No water to wash dishes in!

The regular season is $20 a night but they are discussing raising that. Don't bother with the off-season.

Also, see my reviews of Crofton and Verdigre. Camping there is not as nice but they are close and more affordable.

Beautiful area to explore

This campground features cabins and tent camping. Designed for families, there is a playground and lots of open space for the kids to run around. Pets are welcome. There is a small pond stocked for fishing right in the middle of the tent camping area. Take a short hike to see where the Niobrara river dumps into the Missouri and take in some of the best views in Nebraska. In the winter months, hunters often use the cabins as home base and hunt in the surrounding woods.

Nowhere with a river

Not to be mistaken as Fort Niobrara, Niobrara State Park , NE is near Niobrara and Verdel, NE. The popular Niobrara River runs along the far side of the park and one of the attractions is the old train bridge which is now part of the converted trail that you can explore.

When we arrived the 80 degree temperatures from Kentucky did not arrive with us. The weather was windy, sprinkling and dropping with the sun. The night time low was about 43 degrees. I learned on another trip to pack all temperature range clothing especially this time of year, so I had my sniffle gear. We were one of three occupied sites in the campground. The other two sites had RV’s , I decided on truck camping and was glad I did.

The actual campground is spacious and had some trees. The showerhouse was well maintained and something new to me had pay showers. I hadn’t packed any quarters but have now added another helpful tidbit to my list of must haves while camping. (Roll of quarters, check) I attempted to leave my windows open after throwing a tarp over the truck but even though the temperature was low the mosquitoes were FIERCE! I don’t even want to know how bad they are in warm weather. So with the truck closed up we snuggled in for the night. I was a little surprised when I was woken by my dogs barking at coyotes that could be heard very nearby. Considering how sparsely populated the area is it shouldn’t have been that surprising, you really feel like your out in the middle of nowhere. Just shows how Northern I am ;) I was disappointed it was overcast , the sky would have been phenomenal with no lights to ruin the view.

This Park is laid out in a “horseshoe” and speed restrictions make it a long drive from end to end. The visitors center has some helpful employees that were very informative. Not surprisingly the river is the big draw in the area. The Ranger I spoke to said that there was a reinactment of the Lewis and Clark expedition due in that weekend. I was directed to the trailhead further in past the several cabins sitting in opportune locations along the road. The trail was moderately technical and you get to walk across the Niobrara on an old train bridge converted to a walkway. Unfortunately the far side was closed. There is also a horse trail ride offered (which would have been interesting with the boys).

The one con of the campground is that though you have an excellent view of the Niobrara River there is no easy access to it from the sites. Definitely a destination campground if you enjoy the river sports.

Algae

Unfortunately Willow Creek State Recreation Area, NE was under a health advisory when we arrived due to algae. We drove through the different areas and it was completely deserted so we continued on the Niobrara State Park. I did not check ahead because I just picked it off the map as we were driving. This seems like a nice , sparsely shaded area with water sports when it’s safe to be in the water……

Love love love!

Jeeping at Broken arrow is always so much fun! great people, great jeeping, great gathering with other jeepers, friends and a great guide for newbies ;) love it there!

Neat Park

We stopped on our way to South Dakota this summer and were surprised to find these Rv sites at the municipal park. Our site was in the grass, there was a neat little bridge and the park was well kept. Plenty of room between sites and reasonably priced. Great place to stop over.

Scenic Seclusion

Beautiful views of the Missouri and Niobrara atop hervily wooded hills. Tent sites are either along the paved 1 way road or farther back in the trees of the hills via a short trail. Vault toilets are plentiful as well as water spigots. Has several nice trails and points of interest. Was very clean theoughout and well cared for. Also offers cabins and an RV campground.

Awesome

Stayed at campsite through Sharps Outfitters and kayaked as well. Awesome trip very pretty!!

Great little getaway

First time visitors to this campground and it was great. We stayed here on our visit up to Ashfall Fossil Beds(which is a must see for anyone with kids, and is only a 30 minute drive from campsite) Most RV campsites are within a minute or two walk to lake. Awesome bike trails take you all around the lake and even across a bridge and dam for great views from multiple angles. Lots of wooded area and picnic locations. Has a couple of playgrounds for the kids, the one our kids loved required a little bike trek from the campground to the north side of the lake. One minor note to add would be to use the restrooms in the shower facility. Other restrooms that were not in the shower facility didn't seem well maintained. Other than that we would definitely come back and stay at this campground.

Quiet Rving next to a great little lake.

Clean restrooms and showers. Some sites have lake access. Well wooded.

Beautiful scenery, plenty of activities and history!

We stayed in our camper on the RV campground. I like that the RV's are not so close together! It qlwas quiet, scenic, lots of things to do. People genuinely seem to enjoy themselves. Lots of animal sightings, birds, and wild flowers, etc. You can get a real feel for the country out here. The ONLY drawback is needing quarters for a shower….but they do have a change machine.

Golf Course

There is no camping here it is a golf course. The fairgrounds campsite is nearby and so is a municipal park campground.

beautiful and scenic

must go back! so much history in the fort part of the park, swell kept campsites down river and lots of hiking!

Fun

Good fishing and swimming

Nice quiet site

Water and sewer ice park with playground for the kids

Clean and shady

I is very shady and clean, nice biking walking trzil

Very clean, bit crowded.

If you want a spot where the hookups are, go early on Thursday or Friday. It fills up very quickly. The tent sites are off to the side, but plenty of room. Loup PPD takes very good care of this place! A large pond to swim or kayak in, and great fishing in the canal. There is a four wheeler course on the other side, which can get loud, but if you can ignore that, this is a great little place!

One of the best Getaways!

While this is off the beaten path, it is worth the drive time. Rolling Sandhills, beautiful rivers, great camping, hiking, swimming, etc. This is such a peaceful place with so much ground to cover. We plan on going back just to see more of the park!

Perfect Go To

We found this campground a few years back and have visited multiple times. The lake is huge and great for fishing. There are miles of trails that we enjoyed. If you're into archery like we are, they have a great archery area. Nights are quiet and there are plenty of local spots nearby for the day time like a vineyard and for a little longer drive you can see ash fall fossil beds. This place is just great!

Beautiful views

We are usually tent campers but stayed in a cabin this trip which worked out well because as the sun went down the mosquitos came out and they were ferocious. The cabin was very nice and we were allowed to bring our dogs. We were there the first day the pool opened for the year so the water was very cold but we had so much fun. We did some hiking and a lot of bike riding. Being there during the week so early in the season we missed all of the activities that they have on weekends but enjoyed having the park to ourselves. This park is out of the way so probably doesn't get as much traffic as some other parks. We will definitely go back some day.

Niobrara state park

This park has great views, plenty of site choices, and clean bathrooms. Park overlooks the confluence of the Niobrara river and the Missouri River. There was an old train bridge turned into a hiking trail, very cool being so close to the river. Tented in an Adirondack shelter which was great cover from wind and rain.

Awesome location, great times

I have many good memories of this beautiful campground and fun times. Stayed at the campgrounds, then did a river float. It was everything I wanted in a camping trip--beautiful scenery, awesome sunsets and well maintained facilities. Floating down the Niobrara was an awesome time. You have access to get some things you might need or forget in town, but otherwise it's important to know it is fairly remote for access to things.

Camping & Fishing Galore

Very nice, large campground along the Missouri River. Beautiful location which offers easy access to fishing locations. Our campsite was basic but roomy. We did not have quarters along to operate the shower house, so had to run to town for change.