Superior, NEBRASKA

Most Recent Superior Camping Reviews
Great Winter Location

We have visited Lovewell many times during the summer, but this was our first winter trip. We arrived after hours, so we had to pay by the envelope drop post. $10 for primitive camping and a $3 fee. If you have time, I recommend driving all over the campgrounds to pick your location prior to paying. Payment envelopes stick to your window with the campground info exc listed. The bathrooms were open, however the was no running water. Showers and the main store were both closed, not surprisingly with it being winter. The camp fire ring was THE BEST I have EVER seen! It was spacious to accommodate a substantial fire, and had an ADJUSTABLE grill grate! It was perfect for regulating temperatures from cooking to keeping warm. If you are looking for a quiet getaway, this is your place. We plan to return.

Crystal Lake

New management has made many upgrades and done an overall great job! Flooding this spring undid some of there work as there was no power at the rv hookups.

Liberty Cove

Very well kept recreation area but the lake is often covered with algae and has suffered fish kills in the past

Nice for an overnight

This municipal Campground is right off 36 , very convenient. The price is $20 for water and electric. You can swim in the lake and there are showers and a dump station. The Bel Villa is s great place to eat just up the road with plenty of parking for RVs. No shade. T mobile service was excellent and we got several TV stations.

Quiet and peaceful

We had a quiet weekend, though the camp was less than half full. Electrical hookups and tent camping are available. We stayed in the bottom section, close to water, the view was very nice. They have a playground and beach area, primitive restrooms, boat ramp, and at least two covered areas for gatherings. There is no dump station, the nearest one is about 6 miles North at Milligan at a gas station along highway 41. No wake boating, but kayaking/canoeing the lake is the best way to see and fish this lake. Check out web site here http://littlebluenrd.org/recreation/#Lone_Star.

A nice little road side campsite on the south side of Concordia Kansas.

This campsite is located conveniently close to the small town of concordia. It has a fenced in dog park electric hook up and Bolin asphalt and concrete in good condition and the pay is by donation. It does have Wi-Fi. Restrooms are nice and clean. There is a park and a disk golf course also. It is Located next to a small airport so you may get to see some planes taking off.

Our favorite local park and lake.

We have camped as a family at almost every campground at Lovewell and we are always pleased. All of the primitive spots are wonderful and have a lot of space for the kids to play. There are also beautiful views of the lake at all of the primitive camping spots. Walleye and Willow are our favorite utility camp grounds. There seems to be more room for the kids to run around. Cottonwood is more close knit. We enjoy walking around the park in the off-season and viewing all of the wildlife. The new playground area is absolutely fabulous. Our kids love it. We also enjoy going to the marina to eat. They often have music entertainment out on there deck on the weekends to enjoy.

Road Trip

With RV this area park is generator use or very limited amenities for full size RVs .

Nice quiet fishing spot

Great little campground! Very few campers, clean and friendly.

Right in town

Although we personally have not spent the night here, we visit it every chance we get since it is right in the town of Belleville. You can frolf, fish, have a picnic, go for a walk around the pond, and camp here of course. The thing I like the most is that it is right in town so you have the grocery store and gas stations all within 3 miles. There is also a swimming pool in town for the kids. You can kayak on the pond as well and there use to be small boats that would go on it as well!

Over crowded

Good place to catch bass and frogs. Probably wouldn’t swim in the water. Gets blue green algae a lot.

Can’t swim in lake

I would say the only downside to this campground is the abu dance of snapping turtles you can still fish and kayak just no swimming.

Fun spot

We enjoy this point for fishing mostly

Great fishing

We drop in with the kayaks at this point and do a lot of fishing and swimming here

Good fishing

Walleye point is named after what you will catch

Best spot in north kansas

Must pay to be at any point in the Park, but it has lots of amazing points! Great fishing, lots of places to explore!

beautiful and well maintained

the capacity is large and the local internet company just upgraded the wifi park wide. lots of trails and fishing is available everywhere by foot.

A nice campground with lake

Lovewell is a nice lake campground with nice facilities. We had a concrete pad with water and electric and lots of extra room. I enjoyed riding my bike looking at all the natural beauty. We were there in the middle of the week so it wasn't busy at all and was very peaceful. We couldn't get any cell service so we had to use our imaginations and get creative, and go on lots of walks and trails(which is really why we started camping anyway)😊

Family Fun

Really nice park, good to spend time with family and friends. We spend one night here and we wish we could spend more time in there.

city pool within sight

Wooded park very near the Little Blue River. It is located in the middle of the 'town'. Riverside Park has hot showers and restroom facilities available. Sewer dumping is available at a drive-thru area on the South end of the campground. There are some covered picnic facilities and rock bar-b-que area for grilling

Birds, lakes, trains oh my

I was the only camper but they tell me it fills on the weekends. Weekdays not so much. There was a Camphost and a snack bar that was suppose to open today.

A little hard to find in that I didn't see any signs until I got there. Follow Google. On a good unpaved road

Large park with electric and non electric sites. Standard Nebraska fees…daily entrance + 8$ for non electric. 15 for electricity. There is a dump station with drinking water near it.

The sites are in the grass!

Firerings and picnic tables at most sites.

Near train tracks as most of these small towns are…i love the sound so that wasn't a problem for me.

Pretty setting with many birds.

Pit toilets. Grass well mowed but bathrooms and firepits dirty..otherwise I would have given 5 stars.

Quiet when I was there.

Big beautiful lake

Huge wildlife area with fantastic birding. Lots of nature to explore and other facilities for games and boating. There’s a living history kind of museum which is definitely worth a look. Camp sites are simple but facilities are more modern than your average state park. Busy but very quiet and serene.