Geneva, NEBRASKA

Most Recent Geneva Camping Reviews
Great Winter Location

We have visited Lovewell many times during the summer, but this was our first winter trip. We arrived after hours, so we had to pay by the envelope drop post. $10 for primitive camping and a $3 fee. If you have time, I recommend driving all over the campgrounds to pick your location prior to paying. Payment envelopes stick to your window with the campground info exc listed. The bathrooms were open, however the was no running water. Showers and the main store were both closed, not surprisingly with it being winter. The camp fire ring was THE BEST I have EVER seen! It was spacious to accommodate a substantial fire, and had an ADJUSTABLE grill grate! It was perfect for regulating temperatures from cooking to keeping warm. If you are looking for a quiet getaway, this is your place. We plan to return.

Close to town lakeside tent camping

The pros! Lakeside tent camping is always fun. Lots of activities, like boating, swimming, fishing, hiking, etc. And its close to town.

The cons! Its close to town, so it can be a bit crowded on nicer weekends.

Its great for overnighters in the middle of the week.

Bluestem

Easy access but a lil run down

Mormon Island

Nice campground with access to fish 3 lakes! Very nice camp host!

Hall County Park

Cool campground with lots of playground equipment, easy access to walking and bike paths and right next to Stuhr Museum which is well worth a trip!

Crystal Lake

New management has made many upgrades and done an overall great job! Flooding this spring undid some of there work as there was no power at the rv hookups.

Liberty Cove

Very well kept recreation area but the lake is often covered with algae and has suffered fish kills in the past

Nice

Friendly staff, reservations made easy, clean bathrooms, very accommodating

Great stop!

Stopped on a trip from SD back to PA. Surrounded by corn fields… so pretty. We were starving and they had pizza delivered right to our camper! So glad we found this place!

Car racers paradise

Ranger Review: Red Ledge Free Rein Rain Jacket at Lincoln Air Park Campground

Campground Review:

Having downtown Lincoln about 20 minutes away from Lincoln Air Park means that there is a lot to do and go see close by.  Being a SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) member means that when you go to an event at Lincoln Air Park, you can camp on site.

This isn’t your typical campground by any means. This is a huge paved area of the airport where the SCCA hosts autocross races.  This means that you must bring all your camping gear with you. It is typically motor homes and RVs that stay on the site, but a few brave people pack a tent and set it up on the concrete pad.

There are little to no amenities on-site so you need to be prepared.  There are port-a-potties but no drinking water available. If you do need water or septic tanks serviced, there is a $50 fee to have a company come out and fill or empty those in your RV.

The quiet hours on-site are from 10PM to 6AM and the rest of the day it is loud.  There are cars running the autocross course and the occasional plane takes off on the adjacent runway.  Like I said, this isn’t your typical campground, but it is very nice to be able to stay on-site while racing.

Being on-site is great as you get to socialize with other competitors after the days events and many times the SCCA will sponsor a dinner for the drivers after an event.

What is great about this area is the Haymarket in downtown Lincoln.  It is worth the short 15 to 20 minute drive to experience all the great restaurants and activities they hold in this beautiful downtown setting.  You can find out more at https://lincolnhaymarket.org/.

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I sometimes get to test out various camping gear.  At the Lincoln Air Park I tested out the Red Ledge Free Rein rain jacket. This is the perfect spot to put the rain jacket to the test, as it always seems to rain a couple times during my stays in Lincoln.

This is the nicest rain coat I have ever owned.  I'm used to the heavy ones that do not breathe at all.  I was surprised at how well made this Red Ledge rain jacket is.  The rain jacket is a good material thickness for the cooler rainy days, but I also don't think it is too hot when it gets muggy out during the rain.  This jacket has pit zippers which open up a huge area to let you get some fresh air in and the hot air out.

I find these a must now that I've worn a rain jacket with venting areas.  This just makes you so much more comfortable. I was also able to keep these completely open during the rain and I never got wet.

I also really like the hood on this rain jacket.  Most rain jackets have a hood but it is always in your face and if you turn your head it gets in the way.  The hood has a shock cord running through it that can be tightened, above your ears where a baseball cap is worn, and it keeps the hood in place.  This is great and I found it to be very comfortable.

I am 5'10" and 154 lbs. I read a review that said the rain jacket runs a little small so I ordered a large which is a size up from my normal jackets.  I found this to be just about perfect. The back is longer than the front of this jacket, which I like for using on a bicycle and the sleeves were just about an inch or two long which is great for reaching for the handlebars on the bike.  I would recommend one size up from your normal size as it also allows you to put another layer on underneath if you need to in colder weather.

Another bonus is the great colors this jacket comes in.  I like the bright colors offered as compared to many other rain jackets that seem to be black, or other dark colors.

See http://redledge.com/collections/free-rein/products/mens-free-rein-jacket to see more about the rain jacket!

Quiet spot

We were the only tent campers here, about half of the 16rv spots were taken. It’s right on a little river and has a play set and portapotty. Self check in and cheap! About 10 min off of I80. It is a great spot to stop for the night.

Really nice!!

We were VERY satisfied here. The price was more than usual but it is a private facility. Beautiful sites, ponds for fishing. Camp store well attended. Staff and service excellent. Two state parks on the island give plenty of natural wonders, including a small beach. Location is so cool!

Conestoga State Recreation area. Site 50 and major renovation review

Conestoga SRA is an increasingly popular campground following major renovations that were completed in 2018. Improvements to the picnic tables, restrooms, added shelter area and most importantly a complete overhaul of the lake have made this a much improved campground. Conestoga is entirely walk up with no reservations. You can easily self register at the park entrance and a second location closer to the lake centrally located between two of the three camping areas. A pack in primitive campground was also added to the lake and is accessible via a gravel hiking path. Fishing for mature fish will not be possible until 2021 according to Nebraska game and parks. I did see plentiful immature fish while kayaking the lake in June of 2019. The lake was complete dredged out and the parks commission added several silt pond around the lake to capture silt run off. This should keep this lake much cleaner than it was in the past. The park is boat and kayak friendly these days with the addition of two brand new boat ramps. By my count there were three new fishing docks going up although only one was completed during my stay. This is not relatively quite campground but it is popular. Kids can ride their bikes all around the paved and gravel rounds throughout the camp. The sites in the row on the side of site 50 are huge. We enjoyed spreading our stuff out with multiple tents and played games in the large open space. Shade is limited over a good 1/3 of the powered sites. The primitive site closer to the lake is well shaded with mature trees. There was a camp host who made sure we knew where the storm shelter was on the night of our stay. We nearly needed to use it as we experienced a severe thunder storm. There are 25 camp pads offering 20-30–50 amp hook ups and another 8 non electric pad sites. There is a dump station and several vaulted, well maintained toilet houses. Water is also available. If you plan on boating there is a 5mph speed limit so this is more of a canoe or kayaking lake or just for fishing. I highly recommend this SRA close to Lincoln Nebraska

Aug 5th-11th

While camping at Morman Island, we went through one of the worst storms! 85 to 90 mile an hour winds with hail! It was bad enough to go through the storm but it really was bad that not one person from the campground came around to check on us the next morning! They really just concentrated on the clean up. The priorities were messed up. At the time of the storm there were only 25 campers in the whole place. How long would it have taken to check on the well being of those 25 campers! There was no prior warning of the storm from anybody at the campground. Other campgrounds that we’ve stayed at, we always have had a heads up. The pictures are from the morning after. Not just a little blow! Overall the visit wasn’t the best with the storm and all. There are several rules that are clearly posted throughout the grounds and at the pond. Dogs on a 6 ft leash. No floaties in the swimming area. No dogs on the beach. No parking on the grass. All of these were being violated and not one person from the staff could be seen addressing any issues. People were doing whatever they wanted to. I would have loved to let my dog go swimming but it was against the rules. The section we were in was a new section, but we could not even let our dog out in our camp site because of an abundance of stickers and burrs! She at one point just laid down because of her paws filled with burrs and could not walk any more. This was in our site. I’m not sure if anyone else had the same problem. The facilities were very clean. (They need a shower house in the new section). Making the reservation was very easy. The people we did talk to were very nice.

To many signs!

The facilities are very clean. The grounds are well kept.
The only down side I didn’t like was the amount of signs throughout the grounds! There are signs every where telling you what you can’t do. They could do with a few less signs. A overall nice place to set up. Plenty of space between sites so you are not on top of each other.

Nice for an overnight

This municipal Campground is right off 36 , very convenient. The price is $20 for water and electric. You can swim in the lake and there are showers and a dump station. The Bel Villa is s great place to eat just up the road with plenty of parking for RVs. No shade. T mobile service was excellent and we got several TV stations.

Quiet and peaceful

We had a quiet weekend, though the camp was less than half full. Electrical hookups and tent camping are available. We stayed in the bottom section, close to water, the view was very nice. They have a playground and beach area, primitive restrooms, boat ramp, and at least two covered areas for gatherings. There is no dump station, the nearest one is about 6 miles North at Milligan at a gas station along highway 41. No wake boating, but kayaking/canoeing the lake is the best way to see and fish this lake. Check out web site here http://littlebluenrd.org/recreation/#Lone_Star.

Streeter Park donation park

Streeter Park has electric and water hook-ups for campers and has I nice park and a nature walk. It is also right next to the municipal pool. So you can swim also. Pay is by donation. It is nice and in the trees. The campsites are in walking distance of a few restaurants and convenience store and grocery store. We had a nice stay.

Great place to camp

Great campground nice shade on part of rv sites . Easy access, very nice shower house, very well kept. Only improvement would be sewer hookups. Highly Recomend

Long time camper here!!

I love the whole park - especially the archery range!!

Price hikers

We stayed there 2 months earlier and is primitive camping so we have rv with generator and price for site was 8 dollars a night for a camp site. Good deal so went back same place set up in same area. Dog Shit all over ground bad i mean real bad and price jumped to 15 a night . Well because we had been there before and knew the price we set up camp and then went to pay. Surprise 15 a night, were going stay a week but stayed one night. 15 a night with dog crap all over and not just my site all along the lake must have had dog convention. Very disapointed will not go back

Camp ground becomes private or reserved

Was going to stay for the fair and other events and was told camp ground was reserved for fair people and 4 h . Well thats fine but put up a sign saying camp ground is closed. We were there first and We were first told we could stay so we unloaded and were then told we could not stay. Bad deal We will NOT ever be back.

Good stop

Pool was chilly but nice after a long day of driving. Surrounded by cornfields with interstate close it works for a quick stop. Don’t be fooled not all sites have cable as advertised.

Crowded but Nice

The campgrounds were well manicured and very clean. Shower house was decent but could have been a little larger with more stalls. The host and Nebraska Game and Parks patrolled literally every 1/2 hour which we actually liked so there was no issues with people breaking the rules. The lake was good sized for our 29 ft boat and there was even a free boat dock with 8 slips to use. Tons of jet skiers on the water though and alot of them seemed under age or amateurish as in they did not mind the rules of the water. There were several sandy beaches to stop and swim. Overall it was a pleasent stay.

Very Pleasantly Surprised

Very tidy. Adjacent to ball fields and community pool with water slides and a spray ground! Water at each site. Small gravel pad with some grass. Enough room for a couple tents although the space is intended for campers/rvs. Earplugs were a great suggestion. I’m giving this 5 stars because although it’s not perfect, it is impressive for the area, the proximity to I-80 and certainly for the price!

Streeter Park

Beautiful campground, very well kept up. Most bathrooms were very clean but the one near the pool was very smelly and in need of a good cleaning. Did get a bit noisy at night due to some couple with a small yapping dog nearby arguing loudly and slamming vehicle doors. Also nearby trains were very noisy. Overall it was a very beautiful campground. Suggestion: wear earplugs and it would be much better.

Looks great!

This campground looks great. The lake looks inviting and has a swim area as well as fishing. Well maintained and the camp host was friendly and helpful.

Cute campground

This campground is near a lake, looks cute and decently kept up. One of the bigger playgrounds was partially underwater. All the RV spots were filled so we didn’t end up staying there. A sign indicates gates close at 8:30. So if you are arriving late, or wanting a night out in town this may not be the campground for you.

Great area

The RV area of this park has 18ish pads fcfs with electrical and water hookups. There is a dump station as well. It is located right off highway 34 and only a few miles off I 80. Great area to stop for the night. The park is in town and right next to the city pool. There is one bathroom near the pool and playground area.

As discribed

Right off I 80. Gravel road & gravel parking. No frills… but for a night or 2 it’s perfect. Walking to Wendy’s & McDonalds.
We were by the office & WiFi worked great. Bath and shower clean… again no frills. Will stay here again.