Beaver City, NEBRASKA

Most Recent Beaver City Camping Reviews
Medicine Creek

Well maintained park with excellent facilities! The cabins offered through the game and parks are very tidy and are stocked with cooking utensils.

North Shore

Nice campground close to the marina!

Boat Ramp

Good boat ramp with a nice parking lot as long as it hasn’t rained heavy

Main Campground

Large well kept kept campground! Very easy to get in and out off and all facilities are top notch!

Inlet

Clean and well kept campground! Great bank fishing very nice boat ramp right next to one of the most productive fishing spots on the lake!

Perfect for a quick stay

Spots are pretty close. Full hookups for a great price.

Small but functional

Nice little spot in beautiful NW Kansas. Conveniently located on the intersection of Hwy 83 and Hwy 36. Like everyone in this town, the owners are helpful and friendly. Full hookups available in all (6 or 7 total) RV spots. Back in only in all but end spot, with relatively level gravel pads. There is a gazebo on site with seating, and a fire pit and barbecue. It's open for all guests, including motel guests. I give 4 stars because of 2 drawbacks. Hotel WiFi is hit and miss, and the RV spots are small. We couldn't put out our awning without invading the neighbors. But good value for the money ($30/night). I recommend. Oh and do yourself a favor, go downtown and get the best pizza ever at the ReLoad Bar and Grill.

Great free stop

Nicely kept roadside campground with grass and trees. Electric hookups (very nice in Nebraska summer). Lots of dragonflies to eat the mosquitoes. Airport across the street and railroad behind to mix with road noise. A little far to walk back to town for dinner. But local stopped by an said we should go to Fuller’s for breakfast (5 egg omelette).

Nice little stop while traveling!

We found this nice little city park in McCook, NE which allows camping and has free electric hook-ups, and restrooms. There are only 7 spaces but the park is well maintained. There is no reservations it’s a first come first serve. There is a 3 day limit on your stay. It was a great stopping point for anyone needing a quick stop. There are trees surround the park and a little river running beside the park. The even had LIGHTENING BUGS !!

Love Hunter Cove

Live Hunter Cove camping, clean, great place to relax

Great Family Camping and Fishing

Large campground with primative and RV sites. Dogs are allowed on leash and there are plenty of places for the kids to run around and play. There is a heated shower and coin operated laundry available in the campground or you're only a few minutes away from Alma, NE for a supply run. Fishing is popular here with a great boat ramp and area to clean the walleye or whatever is biting that day. For those who RV camp, there is a dump station available.

Huge Campground with Many Options

There are many RV and tent sites at this campground with water access to the Harlan reservoir. Several loops of sites are available around the lake within this campground. Electric RV sites and some tent sites can be reserved online while there are also a set number of first come first served sites. Dogs and campfires are allowed. There is a fish cleaning station for those who are interested in fishing. There is also a playground in the main loop for kids. Due to the overwhelming amount of rain in the area, some of the sites are unavailable right now, but there are still more than enough for everyone. We were there on a busy holiday weekend and still had plenty of space, shade, and privacy. Dogs are allowed on lease at all times. There are also two group campsites and a covered picnic facility that would be great for reunions.

Perfect for low key RV camping and boating

This is a smaller RV campground within the city of Alma, NE. Very popular boating on the Harlan reservoir. The town offers easy grocery shopping or supply runs.

Nice and quit

Nice spot and water access. Great showers and fire pits. Small and private.

Arrive Early

My husband and I did a long anniversary weekend here to enjoy the beautiful weather. We stayed here early October of 2016! Like I said in the title, if possible arrive early on the weekend or even a little earlier during the week to get the best spot in the area. We were lucky enough to get this spot and it must be a hot commodity because we had no less than 10 different people drove past to see if the spot was open. As you can see from the pictures, the spot is just a short walk from the small sand pit lake. Makes it ideal for early morning fishing and a quick kayak launch site. If you love fishing and floating around beautiful lakes, this is the spot for you. There is no modern amenities so you will have to rough it for a few days, which we don’t mind at all. Early October was a perfect time to go, the trees were still changing colors and the smell of fresh fall air was everywhere!

Nice clean well kept with a quite setting along the lake

This campground is busy all summer for the full hookup but normally will have electricity only or primitive openings

Great little spot!

Decent camping spots, with lots of lakeshore for fishing and kayaking.

Can't beat free.

I should have paid more attention to this park. I didn't realize there was a frisbee golf course. Plenty of hiking, biking and horse riding trails. I read later there's pond there to fish in. The place is called a state park but it's actually run by the city of Oberlin, Kansas. We were just driving through and needed a place to stay and found this little gem. We were the only ones in the park. It's free if you aren't using electricity. Otherwise there is an honor box for those using RV electric hook ups. We are van living and didn't need any hook ups. Lots of trees for shade around. There's a shelter house. Wish I took some pics. It was a pretty little spot.

Clear water

Close to I80. Beautiful clear waters. No electricity. Swimming area.

Cute campground

Fantastic state Park with full hookups… Beach, fishing and a delightful small City of prairie dogs to entertain the kids for hours

Bombarded with bugs

So normally I wouldn't be harsh cuz I truly love nature, but we weren't even able to look around or take pictures. We were literally stuck in our camper and only spent the night and than left. When I did have to go out to take my dogs out to the bathroom, the bugs would fly up my nose and were all over me. I joked when I got back inside that this is the next place they should drop off for the show Naked and Afraid. Hopefully it was just a wet period or bad day😱

Most relaxing vacation my husband and I have ever had.

Located on Harlan County Lake. We chose campsite #63, just back from the shoreline. It was an extremely large site with plenty of room to play with our dogs without bothering anyone else. Plenty of places to walk or hike along the shoreline. While the temps were in the 90's and humid out in the sun, our site stayed between 78 and 80 due to the cooling breezes coming from the lake. The campground water supply was pristine. There were plenty of nice outhouses spread throughout the park. The main bathhouse is huge and the showers are great. The boat ramp was very nice. The campground hostess was very nice and comes around to introduce herself in case you have any questions.

Well wooded with nice amenities.

Nice to have a site that has plenty of shade. Nebraska SRAs are great and this is in my top 10.

New sites but good rving

Not much for trees, looks like this is a newer SRA. Gravel pads and quite.

Peaceful, except for the ticks!

This campground is beautiful and spacious, and it is fun to watch the deer wander around, but with deer come ticks. We camp in many places and have seldom seen so many ticks in one place.

Eh

Area around SRA is great. Fireflies every night, nice bathrooms, and fishing wasn’t bad. However, the sites are WAY too close together. Don’t know if we just showed up at the wrong time, but seems like “quiet hours” aren’t enforced. If you’re in need of a stopover, stay here but if you want more of a camping experience, look elsewhere. Booked a reservation for the weekend (3 nights) and left a day early.

Simple State Park

There are a number of loops here, we chose one with a lot of trees. There are some without water (fyi) and some that don’t allow RVs.

Yay: Lots of fishing, very short “trail” but nice for just simple relaxing on your road trip.

Nay: pretty much only prairie dogs to see here…

Surprise: crazy storms rolling over the plains! The caretakers were very nice and had recommendations for all kinds of things along our route (including amazing pie).