The best DRIVE IN camping near
Fee , MONTANA

Most Recent Fee Camping Reviews
Very remote

This area is for dedicated horseback riders or hikers. The road getting there is horrible it's very washboard e and the going is very slow. I do not recommend it for any kind of RV or camp trailer. When I go out here to ride I usually take my least favorite horse trailer a big living quarters trailer will not go down this road with that said this is actually a fantastic place to ride Young Horses. There is huge Open Fields. There are also a lot of sandstone Cliffs and deep gullies a very big good assortment of varied Terrain to teach young horses for trail riding. Because it is BLM land you can camp but there's not really any camping spots. People do lease this land for their cattle so there are cattle no motorized vehicles allowed beyond the fence. There is a small parking lot big enough for a couple small horse trailers no bigger than three or four horse.

Great horseback, hiking & bicycle trails

This is one of my favorite local riding spots. The trails are well used and vary from flat and easy to moderately difficult. Lots of bicyclers on the trails. There are some camping spots.

Billings KOA

Beautiful setting among trees. On the backside of campground several spots around a small pond. There's a public swimming pool and a nice small general store with laundry. Downtown Billings is minutes away.

Very lovely city camping

We enjoyed one night of winter camping here while passing through. There weren’t any amenities during winter, but it was quiet and private if you are a self contained vehicle. The steakhouse around the corner was also delicious and convenient. Nice stream next to camo sights.

Montana FAS campground

This was down a gravel road situated by the I94 bridge over the Bighorn River. We took what looked to be the main site with picnic table and fire ring. There may have been more sites especially under the bridge. There was a small but clean vault toilet but no garbage. Thankfully, the traffic on I-94 is light so the noise was negligible. We had a view of the river nestled against the ubiquitous cottonwoods. The site is free. We were there in late September 2020 in a pop up truck camper.

One of few campgrounds in this area

We stayed here one night while traveling on Highway 12. This is a city park in Roundup, a small town along with a string of smaller towns along Highway 12. It is called Cow Bells

The cost is by donation that you place in a pay station near the entrance. There are flush toilets, a little dated but clean and functioning. There is a dumpster for your trash near the restrooms. I believe this is the campground for the Musselshell Rodeo.

The sites are spread out with picnic tables. You are sheltered by huge cottonwoods. While it was windy while we stayed, none of the branches fell. We were there mid September when the cottonwoods turn gold.

This was a godsend to us as we tried Deadman’s Basin but there were signs warning of rattlesnakes. Also, there was little shade there. There are few other public places to camp and in this part of Montana there is little public land.

Beautiful, Clean & Friendly

Beautiful and roomy! You don't feel like your neighbor is right next to you. They have grills and picnic tables at every site. Nice bath house.. The hosts are very nice and truly appreciate your business. Warning: the last mile or so is a dirt road that is very rough, so go slow!

Best spot on our MT trip

This campground is absolutely beautiful and maintained immaculately. Being able to walk the prairie and watch the sunsets was a huge positive for this location.

A Gem of A private Campground

After reading all the positive reviews, this is where we were intent on staying. 5pm Sept 30th called the office because the APPs all said it was closed. To our surprise they were still open. We arrived to a clean, friendly and quiet space. Bonus our GoodSam membership gave us a discount. The showers and toilets were spotless! Laundry room, same $2.25 for each a load to wash and dry $5.00 convenience so worth it!

Will definitely return to this newly acquired family-run business

Not As Advertised

This place is very pretty, and they have some lovely sites with red concrete patios and swings. However, even when those sites are open we were informed they were taken. The narrowness between each space is apparent, and makes it challenging if you have dogs. Lastly, and more importantly, we saw everyone loving the WiFi at this site, however, the internet was almost not usable, my zoom meetings were awful, and getting any type of signal was a challenge. When I called the front desk to ask about the internet, Dustin informed me that his was working fine. So if you are Looking for no internet and tight spaces your in luck!