Blue Springs Lake, MONTANA

Camping Montana Blue Springs Lake

Most Recent Blue Springs Lake Camping Reviews
Beautiful piece of heaven

It is a wonderful campground. There is water and a dump station available. The lake is amazing. Cliff jumping was a blast and the water wasn’t too cold to spend the day in it. Best 10 days I ever spent camping.

A Perfect Escape

We camped here on the last night of our Flathead area trip and I have to say this site was easily my favorite place we stayed. We pulled in around 2 PM on a weekend and had no problem finding a spot. This campground works best for tents but you could pull in with a small trailer. The short walk to the river makes for great swimming and picture taking. There is some highway noise but it is not a heavily used road. Would highly recommend this campground.

Small, secluded campground

Campground is very secluded and tree covered. First come first serve. I believe there are about 12 sites. Be prepared to take a narrow dirt road off the highway to get to the campground (I had no issues with my 18 foot trailer). Had 2 bathrooms and a fresh water faucet. I went in late season (October) and was the only one there. There is a ton of nearby hiking (Mostly single track with lots of elevation gain).

Quiet for a state park!

Sam Owen is a nice place to camp for a few days, or spend some time on the water. It is surprisingly quiet for a campsite, considering it's location! Pend Oreille is a beautiful lake and is a great place for boats, kayaks, and paddle boards! The campsites at Sam Owen have picnic tables and some have fire pits. There are dumpsters and water available as well. I have camped here mid-May and came for day visits during busier summer months and never felt that there were too many people or I needed a reservation. Sandpoint is a charming town and area. Joel's in Sandpoint has some of the best burritos in the Northwest. There is an excess of hiking and mountain biking in the area! Some good trails include Mickinnick and Sam Owen trail.

Steep but rewarding!

Talk about a hike! This is a pretty steep trek, with rewarding views at the top. Be sure to read trail reports and weather reports before heading out. North Idaho weather can be pretty finicky, especially at high elevations. Make sure to be aware of wildlife as well! Scotchman's is known for mountain goat sightings, but as they become more accustomed to people they can be a little aggressive. Keep a safe distance!

Secluded

Nice, quiet campsite. Make sure to get there early for a spot! Buck Mountain Trail #176 is a great hike or bike in the area. If you scramble to the top of the mountain, there is an incredible view of the Cabinets and the Selkirks. Watch out for grizzly and black bears in this area! The creek along the campsite is cool and clean.

Nice but the road in....

The camp is small and very quiet. The road in is awful. Would be real hard on any low RV.

Absolutely stunning location

I love this RV Park. It’s amazing. We have been coming here for years and wouldn’t dream of going anywhere else. It’s very clean and well kept. The staff is extremely friendly and easy going. We look forward to our return next year!

Simply perfect

Beautiful surrounding area, with wooded grounds create a quiet and peaceful stay. Long, pull through RV sites that are over 80 feet long. Tenting sites. The prices are well below the competition. I will be staying here any time I come through this area.

Superb Owners

To start off, I rarely write reviews. We were in the area in August of 2019 and we stopped here to potentially tent camp. We went inside and asked if there was anything available for the night. We wanted a quiet campground with access to the Kootenay River in which they had both. So one of the owners let us check out the sites and trail to the river. However, we wanted something right on the river and it was a little bit of a walk to gain access to it.

We went back in and said we wanted something along the river and the owner recommended a different campground further down the road. (Which ended up being a great recommendation.) She didn't have to do that. She wasn't greedy whatsoever. That's how businesses should operate. That what makes people want to come back because of little stuff like this. I even offered to buy some firewood because she recommended a different campsite and she told us to get it at the camp in which we were staying.

That's why I'm writing this review because it's hard to find good service like that anymore. Although we didn't stay here, I highly recommend this campground. Great service, very clean, and nice atmosphere.