Nixa , MISSOURI

Most Recent Nixa Camping Reviews
Words really can't describe.

But here we go….

Great Corps of Engineers campground

Nestled on one of the best lakes in Missouri is this clean, family campground. Fairly level sites with quite a few lake sites. Nice boat ramp and swim area. Clean shower houses well located around the camping areas. Only complaint I could find with this location is trying to book an open spot and no full hook up. Loved this camp ground and will come back again.

So many great memories!

This was my 4 year old son’s FIRST camping trip. And it rained like CRAZZZYYYYY. But man we had fun! My wife is 29 weeks pregnant and she came too! Between fishing and canoeing and swimming and our hike… wow! The Carrick Creek loop was a little harder than anticipated… or it could just be that I’m out of shape. Either way. We can’t wait to get back out in the woods soon!

Nice area

Nice place to walk in the woods, camping by permit, short drive from Springfield, high traffic

Best campground around!

Words can’t describe! Peaceful and quite. Easy access to the lake and ONLY place our family camps!

Best MO State Park

We recently stayed here for thr first time and we can't wait to go back! Our camp attendants were amazing! The river is striking. Everyone is so friendly. We hiked, fished, swam, and enjoyed the nature center (2 kids 3 dogs). We are anxious to ckme back during different seasons to watch Natures beauty and wonder!

Pretty cool place

I grew up 30 miles from RR.. over the years I have camped or visited here it has grown and in some cases gotten a little crowded, but with good reason, it’s a beautiful and fun site with lots to do in and around the park area. From wishing to ORV to hiking to lake access it’s an all around fun area. The Trout farm is a fun tour and the trails around the area are easy to access.. big sites in most areas, the upper area has full hookups while the river bottom is not.

Our favorite place to camp!

We've enjoyed a week here and have had a blast!

Branson get away

Only 4 miles from Branson, Table Rock Lake state park is a great place to stay. Most campsites are shaded, modern shower houses, nice blacktop walking trail 4 miles long, goes all the way to the visitors center at the dam, great for bicycles also. Plenty of things to do in this area if desired or lay back and enjoy the quite Ozark woods

Favorite place

I’ve been going here every year since I can remember. The camping trip to roaring river state park is the one thing I look forward to every year.