Ava , MISSOURI

Most Recent Ava Camping Reviews
The Spot!

Words really can't describe.

But here we go….

Hidden Gem of the Ozarks

Definitely one of the most peaceful and tranquil campsites I ever stayed. Great place for families too. Access to Table Rock, Game Room, Pool and Jacuzzi. Small cabins and A-frames to rent. They have it all. This is my getaway!

Quiet and clean

Campsites are spread out, lots of privacy. Bathrooms are a short drive back to the general store. There is plenty of firewood around that you can cut. Campsite 1 was where I stayed, right on the river. There were floaters on the river, but not a lot and it was still peaceful. Great fishing. Nice fire pits and level campsites. I will be returning!

So many great memories!

This was my 4 year old son’s FIRST camping trip. And it rained like CRAZZZYYYYY. But man we had fun! My wife is 29 weeks pregnant and she came too! Between fishing and canoeing and swimming and our hike… wow! The Carrick Creek loop was a little harder than anticipated… or it could just be that I’m out of shape. Either way. We can’t wait to get back out in the woods soon!

Great place with great folks!

I've been coming out here for a couple of years now, and its always a great time. You'll run into the occasional hippy or two, but that just adds to the fun!

Nice area

Nice place to walk in the woods, camping by permit, short drive from Springfield, high traffic

Best campground around!

Words can’t describe! Peaceful and quite. Easy access to the lake and ONLY place our family camps!

Great for overnight boondocking.

Busy on summer weekends so get there early. River access but not kid swim friendly. You can walk or drive up the road for beach river access thats safer. Felt safe here. Well maintained. Large sites (trees) big rv friendly with easy loop gravel road. No verizon cel service. No utilities at all. Pack it in and out.

Very, very rustic...

Close to Highway 60. Quite a bit of road noise. Reasonable rates and friendly owner. Site was fairly level. Definitely a wooded setting. Could tell work was being done to clear away brush and debris. Restrooms and showers were single units on the ends of office building. Just a few too many broken down campers sitting around for a very high rating. Probably would not stay again.