Greeson Lake, ARKANSAS

Most Recent Greeson Lake Camping Reviews
Beautiful views

Beautiful views, gracious hosts and very clean and safe. Family friendly and plenty of outdoor activities to do

Stunning Ozark/Buffalo River Views

This is the best disconnect from the world campground. During peak Buffalo float season, arrive early as they are first come, first serve. The middle campsites aren’t my favorite but arent bad sites. River access. Showers are not available at the campground. There is a private outfitter at the top of the hill that offers pay showers. Speaking of the “hill”, its a steep road down i to the campground. Other reviewers will probably say you need a truck/suv to get into it. I got my compact car down just fine. Go slow in a lower gear. There is toilet facilities that are well kept. Water access available but no hookups. Very low cost too. Picnic tables, lantern post, and fire rings at each site. Absolutely no cell service. No one in our group with varying cell service providers had service.

Beautiful secluded campground

We camped here during the month of October in the walk in spots. We were pretty close to the river. We pretty much had the entire area to ourselves since the weather was cold and rainy. We made the best of it. The bathrooms are cleaned daily and the hot showers worked great. I recommend this campground if you’re looking to get away from it all. The hiking trails nearby are great.

Great Location

We stayed at the #2 campground this past weekend. We really enjoyed our stay! Close to the local college where our daughter attends. The camp sites are spacious and you are not sitting on top of each other. The bathrooms could have been cleaner. Probably due for a remodel. That was the only negative.

👍🏼

This wasn’t our first choice, but it ended up being great! Just north of Jasper there’s a dirt road to the left that you take. The campground is just a loop with open space in the middle. Most spots are in the trees so it’s great for seclusion and hammocks. Each spot has a fire pit and picnic table. Bathrooms available. It doesn’t fill up quickly. The Buffalo River runs right along the campground and the Buffalo River Trail goes through it. The campground host was very friendly and helpful!

Very nice

I stayed there with my family and had a blast. The people that worked there were nice and helpful.

Lake views

Spot 114. Electric 30/50. Community water 1 site over. Very tight - we’re in a pop-up and took some maneuvering but we got it in there. Pray your neighbors are quiet because we were close enough to hear ours snoring. Picnic table and fire ring. Site has access to paved walking trail around lake. Views of the marina. Restrooms just a short walk. We’ll definitely be back but better spots to be had. Bring your own firewood.

Very nice & clean!

Stayed here passing through on the way home, but was very nice… The site was flat and suitable for our 42’ Montana Fifth Wheel. Would definitely recommend and stay again if ever back in the area!

Table Rock Lake - Port of Kimberling Marina and Resort

Excellent camping facilities. (Tent, RV and Cabin)

Great trout fishing!

Beautiful waterfront camping! The water is clear and freezing cold, and the breeze off the water feels amazing! The sounds from the dam releasing water is so peaceful! Would definitely recommend and stay here again!

Stayed for many reasons!

The campground buses you to and from the theme park, so you don’t have to worry about parking and the long walk to and from the park! The swimming pool and recreational areas were a plus too! The cabins were very nice to stay in also! Our family had a lot of fun here for many years!

Beautiful views

Had a great time kayaking! Awesome fishing and swimming! The water is crystal clear with rocky pebble shore line. Great place to stay!

Beautiful place to stay!

Kayaking, swimming, and fishing were awesome!

Beautiful place to stay!

Had a blast kayaking, swimming, and fishing!

Great place to stay!

Had a blast swimming, fishing, and kayaking! Caught 18 inch small mouth bass! Biggest small mouth I have ever seen!

Beautiful place to stay!

Kayaking, swimming, and fishing were awesome! The water was clear with a small pebble beach! Had a blast! We went to the tour of the caves nearby.

Had a blast!

Kayaking, swimming, and fishing were great!

Great views and right next to Sand Island!

Kids had a blast here! Cliff jumping, great fishing, kayaking, swim beach, and even pizza from the marina!

Nice place for overnight or long term camping

We stayed here for 1 night as we were passing through the area.  The campground managers are super friendly and had lots of good information on the area.  They took us to look at sites first to see which one we would like.  He then helped us park.  Sites are pull thru with full hook ups including robust cable TV  channels and screaming fast wifi.  Also used the laundry room, which was clean and reasonably priced.

Average, we had some problems

They stuck us in the most narrow, difficult spot they could have, and made us pay 3 nights for a rally when we only needed 2, and then probably sold our spot after we left early. The reservation showed we had a 30 ft camper and we had the back end hanging off a 6 foot drop- I have photos- and if our friends had walked out the back door where their room is they would have surely been injured. Sunday morning at 10 am I was told I could not use the shower house as she had just bleached it. I thought good, it's clean, but no, she insisted I walk about 1/4 miled to the end of the campground to the other shower house. Yes the place was clean and nice, but so disappointed I'll never go back and if someone asks I will not recommend. Another camper said he specifically asked for a long spot and got similar. And there were lots of spots OPEN while we were there.

Great camping spot

We canoed & kayaked in from Tyler Bend Campground. Great place to camp. Not much on amenities. Perfect for what we were looking for. Would definitely go back.

Phenomenal Spot

Great camping. Very close access to stunning Buffalo National River with crystal clear water running through the Ozarks. High bluffs. Nice facilities with bathrooms, potable water, etc. definitely going back.

A resort of a COE park!

Mill Creek is like a resort! There’s sand volleyball, a basketball court, a beach with a designated swim area and, thoughtfully, life jackets were available to borrow.

Most of the sites are lakeside. I snagged Site 12 which was perfect for me! However, there are several stairs down from the paved pad to the picnic area, so be aware if you have little ones or mobility issues. As others have mentioned the sites have picnic benches a fire ring and a lantern pole. Hooks up were easy and close. I especially liked the water hook up because it had the traditional valve handle and not the pump handle. It’s the little things.

The bathrooms were spotless and looked newly remodeled. One of them was also accessible.The drive to the campground might be tricky for larger rigs as there is a sharp curve and steep grade coming into the park.

This park was quiet, clean and offered a night sky that provided a shooting star!! I would love to come back here again!

What a beautiful, clean park!

This park is so clean and pretty. Staff is amazing, so friendly and helpful. We will definitely go back and recommend to everyone.

Camping heaven

Big M Marina and campground is absolutely awesome! Nestled snug on the Missouri Arkansas border is a gem of a campground. Large grassy sites some most with electricity and water, and some with sewer. Sites are paved and pretty level. Great play area for kids. Well kept bathrooms and showers. Marina has a great restaurant that you will not be leaving hungry. Nice marina store. Boat rentals as well as slips. The swim area was very clean and accessible even though it was flooded. Only inconvenience were the roads in. Be prewar warned. It is a nail biter. All in all definitely a 9 out of 10!

Really Good!

There is a beautiful area to swim in the cleat water of the buffalo river. The bathrooms are clean with hot showers, campsites were well maintained and we enjoyed using the paved loop for our skateboards and scooters. We also enjoyed viewing some wildlife while we were there. Saw a bobcat in the wild for the first time ever! Directly across from where the put caonoes in there is a cold water spring, very pretty and refreshing!

Dam Nice Lake

If you don’t need an electric hook up, best spots are 272-280 in campground 2 along the lake. Some not all have their own Lake access.