The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Soso , MISSISSIPPI

Camping Mississippi Soso Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Soso Camping Reviews
Love this place.

Something for everyone. We spent 3 nights in December 2020 and can’t wait to return. We are telling everybody about it. Shower houses spotlessly clean.

Very nice campground

We do Paul B. every spring & fall for the weekend. Beautiful view of the lake from some campsites. Have a campfire every night. Bathrooms with hot shower available. Lake has some boat traffic, but not too bad. Great place to bring the kayaks. Overall A+ in my book!

Excellent state park!

We loved our stay. Beautiful park, nice campsites, heated and clean bathroom, best spots are on the lake. We stayed in spot 15 and it was beautiful.

A couple reasons I didn’t give it 5 stars, even though we loved it. First, we reserved a spot weeks prior and someone was in it when we arrived around 5pm. The park was very helpful and accommodating once we found the right phone number. I wish they would put signs on the reserved spots to avoid the hassle.

Second, they do not sell firewood here anymore, but there is a gas station across the street that does.

Also, the fire ring and the table/grill are on opposite sides on the parking spaces and there are no cooking grates on the fire ring unfortunately. But the grill was very clean!

But seriously, would recommend!!! Just want to help our fellow campers out with some details of the digs!

Merry Christmas

We spent Christmas Holiday in this Beautiful Mississippi State Park,  we have family in the area so instead of Hotels we bring the motorhome down and spend the week here! The park is clean the lake is wonderful and the folks that manage the property are Great look forward to next year!!

Keith and Barbara

I grew up camping this park.

It was nice to revisit this park and reminisce. This is a very well maintained park with nice shady campsites. It is definitely one of the best parks in the area. They have bath houses with washers and dryers on site. The campgrounds have their own beach but, the bottom is usually soft and oozy mud. Good fishing out on the lake. Used to be good bass in the Lilly pads on the opposite side of the bridge. If you travel this area I would recommend staying at this park!

Personally , I will not be stopping here again

Please understand. This is my personal opinion. Pads were mostly small with biggish drop off from steps to camper usable site. Not my favorite. Every COE site we have been to beats this.

Family

Went the weekend they opened in 2020 after a brief COVID shutdown. Full of families having a great time getting away. Really nice campground. We will return.

Big nice place

Lot’s to do here. Hiking, boating, pool, water slides.

Awesome spot

Very clean and quiet. Rangers were present at all times but not bugging anyone. I will be back here. There wasn’t a lot of fish biting. Still a great relaxing place.

Peacefully Amazing

This is a hidden Gem. Kid friendly, quiet, all hook ups, picnic tables, grills, fire ring, lake etc.