The best GROUP camping near
Ruleville , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Ruleville Camping Reviews
great place

quiet shady and a really great park big sights and well maintained we stay here alot

Pleasant place to Relax

May be I might have done camping very few time but, out of all this the best Camping site ever. Very pleasant environment, easy access to water body, clean restrooms and showers, electricity and water tap for every site.

Excellent, large campground on beautiful lake

My girlfriend and I tent camped here for one night. The campground is large and well-kept, with over 100 sites, and the sites are very spacious. Each has a table, water and electric hookups, a hook, and a tent pad. From what I saw, we were the only tent campers in the campground. We camped in site 64, which is near the lake and the bathrooms. The tent pad was covered in pine needles, making it nice and soft. The only complaint I have is that there is a very bright street light that stays on all night near the boat ramp, but I would highly recommend this campground. Enid Lake and its facilities appear to be top-notch.

Nice people, basic facilities

I stopped here for one night with a travel trailer and was in site B-01 for $16. The sites are spacious. For example, the water hookups are half way between the sites to be shared, and my 50ft hose just barely could reach. It is pet friendly and we had fun sitting on a dock and watching the cargo boats. There is absolutely no cell phone signal and no WiFi, so have physical directions on you. The park is only a couple miles from Arkansas Post National Memorial which was very beautiful and worth a visit.

Loved it, very relaxing!

This is another great Corps of Engineers parks where you find really nice campsites set on great waterfront setting. The campground sits on Enid Lake which is recognized as one of “One of America’s Top 10 Fishing Spots.” And since the park is just shy of 100 sites you don’t feel like it is not too big. Plan on staying here for a couple of days and relaxing in the outdoors. Stock up on supplies because there is not much around. Sites are really nice and spacious with paved driveways and patios.

They just added sewer with makes a full hookup at $20/night a total bargain. Each site has a fire pit, picnic table, bbq grill, small concrete stand next to bbq, and lantern crook. The bathhouse was modern with flush toilets with clean showers. Not all sites are level in fact we had to pass up a couple because of that reason. If you come in the off-season, there are plenty of sites not reserved so you can drive around and pick on using the self-pay system. Some sites have amazing water views if you are able to snag one of those you are in for a great stay. The campground is pretty hilly but the roads were easy enough for us to navigate in our 45’ RV and tow car .

The lake is very popular for fishing and there is a boat launch/fish cleaning station. We didn’t have fishing licenses but loved paddling around the lake. The North Mississippi Fish Hatchery(by the Enid Dam) is a fun place to visit and tour for very small fee. If you go into the town of Pope, the restaurant "The Place" offers good food set in a refurbishing an historic building.

Really nice campground

This campground is huge! They offer full hookups and lots of sites with water views! There are several different “loops” within the campground. The majority of the sites are level and spacious. The closer you get to the water, the closer some of the sites get together, but not all. This place is very popular during the summer months with the boating crowd.

There are several bathhouses throughout the campground, but beware if you are needing to use them for showers! Not all of them are full shower houses, so you might have to walk further or drive to one with a shower.

The playground still looks to be the original from the 70’s. I do wish they would upgrade that for the families with kids.

There is a walking trail that says closed, but according to the camp host it is actually open. Wish I would have known that sooner as I love to hike.

There is a store near by with gas, live fishing bait and any last minute forgotten items. They have breakfast biscuits in the mornings!

Words can’t Describe

If I could give less than 1 star, I would. This park was very dark, arrived late and could not see any camp site markings because it was so dark. The roads to our camp site was horrible . The only good experience was the bath house. It was clean and well lit.

Clean and Quiet

Spacious sites with enough room between them to not feel crowded. multiple bathhouses spread around the campground the were very clean. many sites have a decent view of the lake. lake level was up so not much of the swim beach was exposed. day use picnic areas everywhere.

Ugh, creepy

There was only one other camper there, and they were loud and obnoxious. The only plus was a huge beautiful owl that stayed by and visited. The restrooms were full of spider webs. Will not stay there again.