The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
New Hope , MISSISSIPPI

Camping Mississippi New Hope Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent New Hope Camping Reviews
Decent place to stay

This KOA is a decent place. We arrived after the office was closed. We had called ahead and they had a site saved for us. The only issue was, we could not find the site. It was a tent site and we could not find the assigned one. Being the off season and not crowded we just grabbed an empty site. The map they left only had the tent area not individual tent sites marked.

Bathrooms and showers were exceptionally clean. Grounds were clean. Very quiet place. I would stay here again. I looked like all the camper sites were clean and level.

Only reason for the 4 stars and not 5 is due to the site we were assigned to not being marked. Other than that it would be a 5.

Part 2: We had a mechanical issue with one of our motorcycles and the staff at the KOA went out of there way to assist us. They gave us a break on the 2nd night stay due to our situation. Changing this to a 5!!

Small lake, with a boat ramp, and a boat dock, to fish off!!!

Very quiet, with beautiful picnic and camping spots!! Very reasonable, day use fees @7$2.00 per person to fish, $5.00 to launch your boat. Location is Very Informative, as you drive in, there are signs with the '800' # to get a fishing license, or) permit. There is an 'Honors Box', and envelopes provided, for on site payment, for fishing or boating. Very Quiet and Peaceful, this could change, as we arrived at 1:00 A. M.!! 😁💖

Great, clean state park

This is one of my family’s favorite parks. Some great waterfront spots available with full hookups, but book early. New online state system used to make reservations and get the spot you want. Clean beach, boat rentals and clean bath houses. This park gets full in the fall with campers and people who come down for the football games. Playgrounds for the kids and plenty of foot trails.

Very pretty

Pretty campground just north of the Aberdeen lock and dam. Plenty of spots with water/electricity, decent bathouse. Laundry currently closed due to COVID. Quiet area and would definitely stay again. Nice place to kayak.

Beautiful and peaceful

This campground is very pretty and peaceful. They have a nice playground for the younger kids and disc golf for the older kids. And the lake is great for fishing and kayaking. We will stay here again.

Nice Campground

We visit Pickensville Campground a lot because my MIL lives in Pickensville down the road from the campground. Friendly staff. We stayed at site 126. It was on the river across from the bathrooms. Site we stayed at had power and water hookups. They have a community dumping station. I think some of the sites have sewer hookup but ours didn’t.

One of our favorites!

My only complaint about lake lurleen is the lack of cell service- but do you need that when camping!? Bathrooms are older, best well kept for public bathrooms. We love the swim area and it’s always clean. They have a few small parks for kids, walking and bike trails, paddle boats, boat ramps, and ducks! Even through we live close by we enjoy spending our weekends here when we can!

Clean, beautiful, treed.

Was provided information for this place by Tiffin Wayfarer plant when I called for the plant tour. Loved the setting and enjoyed the host Jr. Beasley. The shower cabin was beautiful and clean, was told that it was made from lumber cut and milled from the property. Enjoyed the stay so much that I booked another night on my way back from FL.

Lake Lurleen is a beautiful, well kept place to camp. Bathrooms are exceptionally clean. The camp sites are big and well maintained. The only draw back was if you are camped at the bottom and have to do the hill climb in the dark to the rest room.

Cochrane campground USACE

Beautiful secluded campground. Limited sites. First come first serve. Cash or check only. Run by the Army Corps of Engineers.