The best TENT SITES camping near
Mount Olive , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Mount Olive Camping Reviews
Peacefully Amazing

This is a hidden Gem. Kid friendly, quiet, all hook ups, picnic tables, grills, fire ring, lake etc.

Great for us

Needed a place to stay a night, helpful staff, quite, nice facilities.

Very welcoming place.

very welcoming place. If you need 5o go to camp Shelley for any reason this is a great RV park to stop at.

Very Nice, well kept

We just stayed overnight but it was very nice. Easily accessible from highway but felt like we were not in the middle of the city. Went for a nice walk this morning and saw a gator. This will be a great place for us to kickstart our trips since we typically leave right after work and can only drive a little that first night.

Beautiful Quiet Camping

This is a very well maintained park and campground

Middle of the city gem!

This MS state park is smack dab in the middle of Jackson, MS. It is snuggled in the woods along a river. The bathrooms and sites were clean. Every site has a beautiful view. We stayed next to the river and encountered wildlife right away - gators, rabbits, birds. The trails are lovely, easy walks through cypress swamps and dry forest. One way the trail leads to a dam with old structures and great fishing opportunities, the other fork leads you to the museum of natural science! My children loved that!!! Upon checkout we had a nice converaation with the ranger. We cant wait to go back!

Made the best of it

I booked a site that we did not know anything about. This was the first time we stayed in the newer loop. We had tent camped in the older section about 5 year’s ago and had a wonderful time. When we arrived on Thursday evening to our site I didn’t know if it was going to be wide enough to let the steps down without fall into the 6 ft ditch. After some measuring of the slide outs and maneuvering over 6 inches from the electrical pole. We set up camp. I had to dig up the sewer tap that was running up hill. We made the best of it by setting everything up in front of the camper. The picnic table and fire pit was on the opposite side of the camper up hill with about 8 inches of pine needles going up. Not practical. So we didn’t use that area. Most of the sites were the same way with the picnic area on the opposite side of camper. The lake area was nice, did some fishing out of the canoe and kayaking when there wasn’t 30 boats out. Lake was closed for swimming. Overall we made the best of it. We will definitely not be staying at site 45 again. Staff was friendly and there were park rangers riding by all the time. There are definitely better sites, not all.

Great for an overnight

This campground is great for an overnight or quick weekend trip. My boyfriend and I brought the dogs and had a great campground spot on the lake. There is a short walking path around the lake, which was relaxing. We were able to swim in the designated area as well. Not much more to do, so it's great for a quick trip.

Excellent and clean!

The cabins are beyond beautiful, and have been well kept up. I have always received THE BEST customer service, and the kids love the play areas. All in all, the best place for a family get away in the area!

Family friendly

Stayed here as a kid, and now I take my son to enjoy it! They have definitely improved over the years, and the kids LOVE it as much as I used to.