The best RV SITES camping near
Mantee , MISSISSIPPI

60 Reviews

Most Recent Mantee Camping Reviews
Nice quit camping

Good place to get away for a weekend

Beautiful campground

It’s a very nice campground but there isn’t much to do. It’s off season and the lake is empty. There is only one other person camping.

RV sites all have W/E and sites 31-48 have sewer. I didn’t realize that when I booked my site so picked #3 since it would fit my 40’ fifth wheel and truck. All sites have concrete pads and some are tree covered but not all. My site was pretty much level.

Only 1 public restroom is open and it is clean but smells musty. Unable to check the other restroom and bathhouse because they are closed.

The main roads are easy to navigate and the campground road is also easy to navigate and in really good condition.

I’d definitely stay here again if I’m back this way.

Great place to relax

This was a great spot to stop and relax we stayed 3 nights and was very peaceful. The bath house was close because of covid but the rest was good would definetely come back and recommend if traveling the Natchez Trace parkway. We were in a 41’ motorhome and had plenty of room.

Stayed the night

I stayed the night in November.  It appears to be an old reservoir that has been drained.  The site has about 5 campsites with picnic tables and fire rings.  Nothing spectacular.  The locals do come through to party on the old reservoir.

The reservoir was empty at this location.  It seems its part of Lake Enid and there is an old boat ramp, but there was no water in the reservoir.

Serene....

Local area lacks activities, but this park is a peace goldmine!

Amazing scenery

This place is absolutely beautiful. The birds migrating and stopping along the river make for such a relaxing and peaceful place to stop and relax. The town neighboring the park makes it difficult to do anything because there is not much there unless you plan on driving 30+ minutes away. However, the setting more than makes up for that.

Older park

Tombigbee SP

Elvis was born in Tupelo, Mississippi and Tombigbee SP is a good spot to base your exploration out of.

I overnighted here enroute to Alabama. It wasn’t the best maintained or newest park , however it was small and quiet. Something that had me confused my first time around the loop was the orange cones blocking the sites. Then I guessed that meant the site was reserved. The shower house had washers and dryers in the middle area. The building was clean and maintained. It was centrally located. Across the street was a nice big field, playground and baseball diamond. The trails and disc golf was in the same area. There’s also a small lake with a dock. Otherwise Tombigbee SP really wasn’t that memorable.

Quiet country living

The lady that owns place was very helpful. This is a old KOA so some spots are small. You may need extra sewer or water hose due to hookups being in front of camper. However, there is fire wood and fire rings. There is pavilion with corn hole and things for kids. It is nice place. Phone number on this site is wrong. Her name is Whitney and number is 662-417-3236

Don’t Park at Dark Here

We stayed as an overnight stop. The campground is a no frills campground and nothing special. However, we would not recommend parking after dark. The turns are a little sharper than we would like and the roads are poorly marked in the dark. The owners are friendly and helpful. The sites have some gravel but not enough in my opinion to say they are gravel sites. The one we stayed in was fairly level. It is right off the highway, so you do get highway noise which is normally not a big deal for one night for us.

Good stop for a night

This campground is tucked away off a side road from highway! It’s a pretty low key campground with more permanent homes. The spots are close together and not a lot of privacy but we were just passing through for the night so it was fine for us! Close to the town where MSU is!

They had 2 showers that had hot water, no laundry

The lady who checked us in was nice and showed us to our spot!