The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Kilmichael , MISSISSIPPI

Camping Mississippi Kilmichael Standard (Tent/RV)

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Kilmichael Camping Reviews
Don’t Park at Dark Here

We stayed as an overnight stop. The campground is a no frills campground and nothing special. However, we would not recommend parking after dark. The turns are a little sharper than we would like and the roads are poorly marked in the dark. The owners are friendly and helpful. The sites have some gravel but not enough in my opinion to say they are gravel sites. The one we stayed in was fairly level. It is right off the highway, so you do get highway noise which is normally not a big deal for one night for us.

Good stop for a night

This campground is tucked away off a side road from highway! It’s a pretty low key campground with more permanent homes. The spots are close together and not a lot of privacy but we were just passing through for the night so it was fine for us! Close to the town where MSU is!

They had 2 showers that had hot water, no laundry

The lady who checked us in was nice and showed us to our spot!

Peaceful

This campground is beautiful.  Right below the dam.  Great for kayaking.  Seems to be set up for older campers.  They wouldn't let my  10 year old son ride his scooter on the road because it was battery operated.

This is a duplicate listing with the wrong location.

Following Google Maps to this location will take you to a dead end on private property with little room to turn around.

Decent place to stay

This KOA is a decent place. We arrived after the office was closed. We had called ahead and they had a site saved for us. The only issue was, we could not find the site. It was a tent site and we could not find the assigned one. Being the off season and not crowded we just grabbed an empty site. The map they left only had the tent area not individual tent sites marked.

Bathrooms and showers were exceptionally clean. Grounds were clean. Very quiet place. I would stay here again. I looked like all the camper sites were clean and level.

Only reason for the 4 stars and not 5 is due to the site we were assigned to not being marked. Other than that it would be a 5.

Part 2: We had a mechanical issue with one of our motorcycles and the staff at the KOA went out of there way to assist us. They gave us a break on the 2nd night stay due to our situation. Changing this to a 5!!

Nice place to stop along the way

We just stay for a one night stay along our way. Super nice staff, beautiful campground and so helpful. I would go here again

OK for an overnight stay - nothing special

We stayed here on our way from one COVID-19 quarantine location to another.  Heavy storms had come through the area the two days before we got there.  Lots of mud and road flooding though receding.  Most of the campers there appeared to be either permanent or transient workers.  The staff was nice but the campground was definitely dated.

Great trails, nice sites

My friends and I enjoy riding there. Trails are marked and well-maintained.

Primitive

Primitive camping only but it's one of my favorite places to visit.