The best WALK IN camping near
Hickory , MISSISSIPPI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Hickory Camping Reviews
Total hidden gem and must stay

We planned on a 2 to 3 nights and stayed 5 … :).  We were at another local site and was looking for a more quite type of place so we could spend time as a family, so I called over to this place and was overwhelmed by the welcome.  It was late and dark and both owners (Steve and Patty) took my wife and I on a walk through their park with flashlights to show what we could pick from … I have never heard of such fantastic hospitality.  They just purchased the park a few months earlier and have upgraded so much it was almost new.  We eventually settled on two sites they said were rarely used because they were in the far back (#26 and #27) and remote.

The next day when we showed up to set up, they had their team already clear the sites and prep for our arrival.  One of their team members helped us set up and ensure we were fully ready to enjoy our stay.  The site was level and elec/water hook ups.  Overall, the site as secluded, quite, private. We woke up to trees all around us and only one RV long term person that we never saw many feet away.

We were told they would come by with a 'honey pot' and empty our tanks so we didn't have to move since we were staying long enough to fill them with normal use … WOW, I didn't have to hook up and move just to dump!  They did shared with us and show their portable dump tank they use when they camp … I may pick on up.

The park had new dog runs, wonderful store, excellent help, and easy dump stations.  I was concerned because of the location of the spot being at the bottom of a hill, and the owners told us not to worry … if we were not able to pull out, he would for us and didn't make us feel bad at all.  The slide was down for the winter, but it was fine.

The park is well off the beaten path so it is quite at night. Enjoyed the late night fires and early morning mists … My son was able to relax for the weekend away from the base.

Lovely Campground in the Woods

We stopped here for the night and were impressed by the beauty and cleanliness of this campground.  The restrooms are spotless! It has a large pool and the campsites are nestled in amongst the trees.  The owners are super friendly.  This is a great stay in a lovely area.  We will be back for sure!

Clean and friendly

Home of the longest water slide in Mississippi, this KOA is a great place to stay. The staff is incredibly friendly and the facilities are clean and updated. Camp sites are relatively spread out, especially the sites for smaller campers and tents. Great place for kids, with the pool, slide, game room and very small playground. There supplies store but it doesn’t have much in it. There weren’t many people staying when we did, so was a nice quiet stay.

Check in time is 2pm, check out noon. The slide is only open Saturday and Sunday from 2pm-6pm. Pool is open daily from 10am- 8pm.

Rural camping

Nice park with plenty of tent and motor home/trailer parking. Water and power at all spots.

Hope your into waterfalls

If your looking for a really cool waterfall to go checkout this is your spot. Other than that I wouldn’t recommend camping there any longer than one or two nights at the most. (The water wheel does not work FYI) We will continue to stop by in passing but that’s about it. We also went at a bad time after the rain is not the ideal time the water was really high and the current was rapid

cabin fever

The people running this Koa were very friendly. The cabins are comfortable with an a/c unit. The kids love the elaborate slide built into the hill and the snack bar at the pool. This place is nothing fancy -but simple and just what we needed. There was access to a small general store, showers and laundry facility. There is a nice quiet area to hang hammocks and chill out. We cooked hot dogs and marshmallows in the campfire ring one night. Each cabin has a swing in front. There are several good restaurants nearby in Meridian. Great, restful weekend trip.

Great campground

We stayed there while working in MS. The owner was very nice and kept the place clean and kept a close eye on the campground. He lives on the grounds. there is a small store, water slide and swimming pool. and a club house on the grounds. I had heard during summer months they have a breakfast concession stand. They have full hooks up 30 & 50 amp, sewer, and water. We had great water pressure in our shower. I would recommend this campground. The campground is a bit off the beaten path, and you pass a salvage yard that is and eye sore, but don’t let that detour you from staying at the park.

Quiet place to stay the night

Lots of stairs to descend/ascend to get to the bottom of the falls. Nice historical building. I was the only camper there when I stayed. Very quiet.