The best BOAT IN camping near
Bolton , MISSISSIPPI

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Bolton Camping Reviews
Big nice place

Lot’s to do here. Hiking, boating, pool, water slides.

Beautiful but noisy

This park is literally in the middle of Jackson, Mississippi in a beautiful setting. The lake was lovely and we saw herons, cranes, turtles and deer. The sites are right on the lake and the shower house was convenient and clean. It’s also secure; you have to have a code to enter and exit the park. The only problem was the sounds of the city. We heard sirens all night (it was Halloween night) and there is a recycling plant nearby and the sounds of crushing metal were really loud until about 11. In our tents we had to resort to earplugs. Great location. Picnic tables and fire rings.

Park on the water

Beautiful and spread out nicely. On the water makes for some great walks. Pull thrus and back ins are all spacious.

Really enjoyed this place

We stayed in N28 in a 38’ gooseneck and the concrete pad was pretty much level. In fact, most sites are really level with minimal effort needed to finish leveling. Electric and water were easily accessible. The boat slip and canal were nice but crowded on Saturday morning. Very quiet campground and super clean. The office staff were very friendly and accommodating. My grandkids wanted to swim and they opened the pool gate for them to be able to swim. Did get stung by wasp on the pier, but that was not the campgrounds fault.

Made the best of it

I booked a site that we did not know anything about. This was the first time we stayed in the newer loop. We had tent camped in the older section about 5 year’s ago and had a wonderful time. When we arrived on Thursday evening to our site I didn’t know if it was going to be wide enough to let the steps down without fall into the 6 ft ditch. After some measuring of the slide outs and maneuvering over 6 inches from the electrical pole. We set up camp. I had to dig up the sewer tap that was running up hill. We made the best of it by setting everything up in front of the camper. The picnic table and fire pit was on the opposite side of the camper up hill with about 8 inches of pine needles going up. Not practical. So we didn’t use that area. Most of the sites were the same way with the picnic area on the opposite side of camper. The lake area was nice, did some fishing out of the canoe and kayaking when there wasn’t 30 boats out. Lake was closed for swimming. Overall we made the best of it. We will definitely not be staying at site 45 again. Staff was friendly and there were park rangers riding by all the time. There are definitely better sites, not all.

Quiet and Pretty

A great family atmosphere. Sites were roomy. Electric and water. Dump station available. Did not see the park host, but we reserved online. Bathrooms were clean (except the corners had cobwebs). Hiking, biking, and kayaking. We were at site 64, which is directly on the lake. Concrete pad, that was pretty level. 25 dollars a night.

Surprised by this Park

Stopped here as a halfway point to our destination. Stayed two nights and now wish we did more. The campgrounds were spacious and level. The trails were Peaceful and I loved all the nature you see everywhere. Had my morning coffee and watched a 7ft gator swimming and paying us no mind. Most amazing thing I've seen. I'm a city dweller that loves nature so this was a first for me with the gator sighting in the wild. Restrooms were clean, no luck fishing but that's okay it was just great just sitting there. Love that it was close to town because one night we decided to just go out for dinner. Very quiet and I'd stay here again and again.

Small and quiet

Lake is currently closed due to damn being rebuilt. There are a few campsites. Boating and fishing allowed, but no swimming

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

We stayed for 2 nights in site 83, which is on the lake. Kayaking, boating, swimming, and fishing! Beautiful grounds, nice level site. Some sites weren't as pretty. This one has a view of the lake, very spacious site, and lots of shade trees. I don't recommend the bath house, too many spiders!!! Cabins available, but they didn't appear to be in the best of condition. No store. Pets are welcome.

Nice park

Nice park. Best spots are in the 14-17 area flatter that others. Some spots are very narrow and drop off as soon as you leave the pad. Spots in the “older” area seem more spaced out. A couple hiking trails which were nice. Marked with paint on trees as to not get lost. Pool and slide was closed (probably COVID related??) as were the bath houses. Just about all spots have plenty of trees and shade. Overall great park.