Bogue Chitto , MISSISSIPPI

Camping Mississippi Bogue Chitto

Most Recent Bogue Chitto Camping Reviews
Peacefully Amazing

This is a hidden Gem. Kid friendly, quiet, all hook ups, picnic tables, grills, fire ring, lake etc.

So peaceful

Don’t let the condition of the road or the buildings scare you away from this state park. These people have had to clean up after 2 hurricanes this year. All sites in campground B are level concrete, water and electric. State park grills, picnic tables and sunken fire pits all for just 20.00 per night. 20 minutes from downtown Natchez. Great spot.

This place is nice.

What can I say, tent camping, not much traffic and secluded enough with enough comfort for the kids.

Quiet and clean with nice trails

Staff was very friendly when making reservations by phone.  Park was clean and the sites while gravel, were easy to maneuver.  Bath houses were clean.

Better than expected

Our site was perfect for us. Plenty of shade at our particular site. Pad was wide enough without a slope coming out of either door. Fire pit was in a nice location and the picnic table was huge. Family was able to do plenty of bike riding around the park with only one monster hill. The park was full but spread out enough to enjoy our on space. The river area was crowded due to the day users but we found a area to keep our distance. There are some really nice sites in the upper portion of the park. The lower portion is not really ideal for our 36ft TT. But if you had a small unit it may be perfect for you. Staff was extremely friendly. We will definitely return to this park.

Well kept secret

This is a US Forest Service campground in the Homochitto Forest. The campground host doesn’t want the secret getting out. S/he jokingly told me “now don’t you go posting on social media” how much you love this place. But I do love this place. It’s definitely off the beaten track but worth the drive. It’s a great campground nestled in the woods. Some of the campsites border part of the lake and more are wooded. We stayed in the wooded area. Our campsite had a pretty picnic area with a wooden rail all around it and wooden steps down from the campsite to the picnic/grill area. There is a loop hiking trail around the lake and a longer mountain bike/hiking trail. The nearest town is Natchez, Mississippi so make sure stock up before you go to the campground. The campsites are mixed use RV/tent sites with water and electricity. They also have a dump station for RVs. There are two bathhouses with hot showers and flush toilets. I have AT&T and had trouble getting a cell signal to make phone calls except when I was up by the bathhouse. They accept the America the Beautiful pass discounts.

Free Campground right next to the Natchez Trace

Campground is very nice and convenient to the Natchez Trace. Nature and a beautiful place are your amenities. If you’re looking for a resort park with hookups then you will not find it here. If you’re looking for nature, a waterfall, remnants of a now abandoned once thriving town including two safes and a fully intact and functional church, a place steeped in history that happens to have paved campsites without bathhouses, electric or water hookups at no cost to you then welcome to what you’ve been looking for all day! I think it’s all about the perspective. This is a functional place enjoyed by many and great place to visit and stay a night or two as you travel the Trace.

Family friendly

Stayed here as a kid, and now I take my son to enjoy it! They have definitely improved over the years, and the kids LOVE it as much as I used to.

Child friendly!

Great place to take the family and friends for the day! Has a swing and a few seesaws, but the kids loved watching the fish from the pier.

Good times.

First time going. Great place for the kids to go out and play. Ride bikes etc. Only negative is that the beach was over grown by grass and "beware of alligators." Kiddo and dogs had a blast. Will come back!