The best WALK IN camping near
Ashland , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Ashland Camping Reviews
Finally fixing this one up

This is an old campground. The sites are not well marked, so make sure you get there during daylight. We have camped here a few times, as it is relatively close to home. They are finally beginning to work on the other side of the campground to get it opened back up. This has the potential to be a great spot. Most of the sites on the edges are in the sun most of the day, so be aware of that. The park is nice and peaceful, with plenty of fishing and boating opportunities. No real hiking to speak of, one short trail nearby.

Pretty basic campground

Good place to stop on the way to somewhere else. If you’re allergic to poison ivy, watch out. The stuff is everywhere!

Really Nice, but mostly long term

This is a really nice campground just outside of Memphis, TN. They have a swimming pool, playground, covered party pavilion, laundry and lots of kids activities. They also have cabins for rent. This appears to be more of a long term rental campground, but it is a great place to stay if you are traveling there for the weekend for local events, baseball tournaments at Snowden Grove or a Memphis vacation. The campsites are very close together and most are in the sun with no shade.

Nice basic campground

Park is very pretty but needs some TLC to its facilities. Spoke with Norma when headed to campground and she said a tree had fallen on road to our campsite. Had call in to rangers to clear it. She called us back that afternoon and it was cleared. Our breaker box kept tripping so may have been something wrong with electric hookup. Not crowded at all.

Awful

It’s really hard for me to give 1 star for anything, but this place is a dump. This is the 3rd MS State Park (North MS) we have been to and it is clear that MS does not take care of its state parks. Only half of the park is open, the grass was overgrown, trash/garbage is littered every where (especially near the open dumpsters that are randomly placed throughout camp), the ranger only came around to collect fees and then disappeared. The bathroom does not have AC or a fan, so it was a total sweat box. The toilet paper was not replenished, there is no hand soap, there was broken glass on the ground in one of the stalls. The shower portion wasn’t that bad, but again, no AC. The water hook ups are at least 100 foot away from most camp sites, so bring lots of extra hose if you do end up staying here. The site #’s are not clearly marked and they do not post if a site is reserved. No designated fire pits, so people have been just burning where ever they want. The fee is $22 a night, but they will charge you another $16 if you put up a tent. Overall, I paid $39 to stay in the worst campground we have ever gone to. Get it together Mississippi!

August 2020

Campground needs work and mowing. Fishing is pretty good most days.

Good stop over but don't stay more than a night...

Was clean-ish, but extremely out of date with a lot of broken and closed amenities. Showed up during open hours, tried to claim our reservation….and there was no one there at all. No staff. No humans. Not being able to register wasn't a problem because we had our pick of sites. Site was in decent shape with power and water. Camped and moved on…

Ice campground , Mississippi need to

Mississippi needs to put some funding behind the park, could be a real gem. Overall we had a great stay and I would recommend the campground.

Basic but nice

This is a pretty basic campsite, but I enjoyed it.

• I'm a tent camper and had to move sites since the one I originally picked didn't have an area for my tent. Make sure you get there by 3ish to check that your site can accommodate a tent and stakes
  • Site had a grill, table and firepit
  • Sites were very close together
  • They were out of firewood to purchase, but you are allowed to bring your own
  • There were a lot of Ole Miss students at the park playing disc golf
  • Bathrooms are pretty old
  • I could hear highway traffic at night, but it wasn't too distracting
  • I would camp here again
Budget and tornado problems

EP was beautiful the first time I went. A tornado hit in about 2014, ripping up a lot of shade trees etc. Not the best campground. Sites are nicely spaced apart; however, the bathroom facilities are not very updated or well kept the times Ive been. Fishing is great out here. Beautiful lake. I love to kayak here. The docks are well kept to fish off of. Very busy with boating during the summer. Camping is very low cost but definitely not the highest end park! I know a lot of parks just don’t have the budget to update and I believe this is the case with EP campground.