Albertville, MINNESOTA

Most Recent Albertville Camping Reviews
Best Campground by the cities!

Excellent customer service and friendly hosts. Clean and we'll kept shower facilities. Camground is clean and safe. Nice spots for either shade, partial shade or full sun.

Great campgrounds awesome staff

Great campgrounds awesome staff

Very nice park

Large sites. Great tubing and canoeing.

Very nice

Quiet nice spots

Gorgeous Park near the cities

We camped here last minute when the rain held off and we could only find this campground with availability. We haven’t done much camping at Regional Parks but this park did not disappoint! Our “hike in” spot was very close to the car but hidden in a forest. Gorgeous spot. We walked around and looked at all the other sites and each was unique and pretty. I would have liked staying at any of the sites. Cleary Lake is a good size and a kayakers delight! The park also has a golf course and is very well kept! We really want to use one of the large group camp sites for a weekend party!

Small, basic camping

Small, not far out of the cities. But far enough you feel away from the cities Full hook ups. Bit on the higher price side.

Friendly owners. Small bar Lots of fun

Best Seasonal Campground in central Minnesota

Greatpool, golf cart trails back to a hidden lake, sports court, playgrounds, bunk houses allowed. New 50 ft pads with 35 and 55 amp connections, some organized events, friendly people and great owners.

Great spot near the twin cities

Great park. We camped with our two kids on just an overnight on Labor Day weekend. Lots of kids at this park, sites were big (we are tent people) and shaded. Only 4 stars because there is no trail from the upper campground. We would definitely go back. No question.

Secluded, River Front Buck Hill Site

Backpack site Buck Hill is right on the river, beautiful view to the east. Circled by flowers (goldenrod in the late summer), brush and trees. End of the path so zero foot traffic / passersby. Fine size for us but if you had two tents maybe tight. Fire ring and picnic table of course. No drinking water (we brought a bladder). It’s a great place to star gaze. There’s a teeny somewhat treacherous path to the river- no beach or anything (water was super low when we went) - Just can get your feet wet.

Down the path a little bit is an unenclosed toilet - not the best. The other direction down the path (only about 20 ft) is a smallish bear box.

You can harvest your own wood (at this time) and that was really great - bring a backpacking saw!

Only downside to the site— you can hear cars on both sides (river and opposite side of forest).

It was a 2.37 mile walk from the parking lot, mostly shaded.

Side note: we checked out Deer Creek site which is much closer to the car. It is a hike in / canoe site. It’s wayyy more spacious, and even has two separate clearings. Also has cool stairs down the to water, and a much more expansive view of the river. We will be staying there next time! We want to take a few days to canoe the whole length of the park, camping along the different sites. Next year! :)

Decent Campground

We stayed here for one night before taking our camper to a local dealer to have work done.  The campground is right on the Mississippi River with great views.  The sites are somewhat small, but decent.  The only thing that took us by surprise was that we were  right in the middle of a mobile home park, which we weren't expecting.  The price was decent and the bathrooms were outdated but clean and nice to have a code to get in.

Great park to stay!

This was a small park right on the lake. The toilets and showers were not very clean, but everything else on the campground was wonderful! I believe the camp office closes at 6 every night so make sure you purchase your wood or ice before then.

Awesome place to camp!

Used the walk in sites. Very quiet and private. Took my 4 year old son and he loved it. Truly felt like you where going off into the middle of no where, but was close to everything Incase something happened or my son had to tap out. Ended up being a great trip.

Ditto other reviews

I can't add much more to the other reviews. The toilets were nice (no water). The sites are a little close together. I had a group in 3 campsites across from me with kids and noisy adults so couldn't find peace in my own campsite. But the Eady walk to the lake, sitting on the dock or the grass and swimming III m the water are a great way to destress. I would recommend it but am not sure you will find silence here unless you can pre-select your site away from others.

State park status .

Must have state park sticker. Located at the merger of the Sunrise River and the St Croix rivers. Great picnic area.

Best around.

Very well attended by many local towns and cities.

Where is it?

Never found this campground. No reviews

Beautiful location

Well maintained campground with plenty to do and great owners!

Game lake camping

A good short drive into the north metro outskirts.  Nice car camping location with a small fished out lake.  Usually pretty crowded place.  Has a boat launch and bathrooms.  One of the better quick drive locations from the metro.

Bunker hills

A small campground located in the northern suburbs of the twin cities.  Allows for horseback riding and a wave pool and water slides within the park.  Golfing as well.  This is as basic as they come with little to no travel for many.  One of my least liked campgrounds.

Beautiful Campground

This is a really nice campground with cement parking pads with full hookups. The grass around the lots is very green, lush and well maintained. Campground is right next to the hotel/casino and very much within walking distance. There is a RV wash bay available for a fee and the campground even has gasoline available 24 hours a day using a credit card. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

So peaceful

We had electric hookups. They had a dump and water up by the office. The showers were decent and there was a dish washing station at the back of the shower house. Our whole giant site was shaded with trees. We stayed 2 nights and left for alcohol and gas, that's it. We didn't even go to the lake, we were just too relaxed! We had a fire but had to buy their wood.

Nice park, close to cities

Really enjoyed staying here. Was our first camping adventure with kids. Bathrooms were nice along with an indoor area which was a nice diversion in a little rain.

Hiked from the campgrounds to Taylor’s falls area.

Great escape but still in the twin cities!

We love coming here as once you are inside the park it feels like you are out far but so close to home! We can come here for a quick hike or run or spend more time with the kids enjoying the trails. Never camped here but I’ve seen many people here!

Serene

Spacious peaceful campsites in a wooded area near lake Ann. No elect or showers. Vault toilets. Drinking water was not available when we were there

Great sites, affordable and not too crowded

Great campground, sites are spacious and spread out, electric hookups at all sites, swim pond is great for kids, and other amenities like an archery range and hiking trails are fantastic for kids.

Nice getaway not too far from the Twin Cities

I’ve camped here on several occasions and have not been disappointed. The group sites are walk ins only. No drive ins/pull through. They are spaced out enough for privacy. The individual sites are decent & drive in. The space between sites are far enough apart. There are a couple of double sites that will accommodate more than 6 people but less than 13. We’ve rented canoes in the past and have enjoyed it primary because of the sandbars, but have not done it recently so I’m not sure if that has changed or not. The mosquitos were bad in late June! Even with bug spray, candles thermacell, etc…we were still under massive attacked. I’ve always enjoyed coming here year after year, not so much because of the park (although it’s nice overall), but because this place holds lots of memories for me.

Open sites and beautiful lake with a swimming beach

If you’re looking for a county park close to the Twin Cities metro area with a beautiful lake, good fishing, swimming, recreation rentals like paddle boards kayaks and canoes that also has a campground with Camper Cabins attached, look no further than Baker Park Reserve. Baker Park reserve is just outside of Maple Plain Minnesota which is about 45 minutes from the Twin Cities metro area.

Lake Independence is attached to Baker Park reserve which is a beautiful lake for fishing, swimming, kayaking and, recreational boating. You can catch everything from Crappies, perch, sunfish, walleye and, musky on this lake. A lot of people come out and troll the lake for musky and also bring pontoons for swimming. You can jump right off the pontoon into the lake and have a great time with the family or just be alone on the boat and catch a ton of fish.

The lake can be busy especially on holiday weeks and weekends and The park and restricts how many boats around the lake and enforces no wake zone’s during the holiday I’m busy times. So check the leak before you go if you’re planning on doing or jet skiing or just cruising around on your boat.

The campground that’s attached to the park is pretty open and there are very many secluded sites if any at all. I took a few videos while driving through the campground to show you what the campground is like. There’s a campground office that offer snacks and sodas and ice and such. If you’re looking for a good getaway for the weekend that’s close this would be a good park for you.

Overall, I would give the campground a three out of five because it is so dang open and there isn’t much privacy. There is however, very nice shower buildings and a nice office. I would give the park a four out of five for usefulness and overall fun. There is a lot to do and it is close to the metro.

Interesting Topography

Very cool exploring the rock cliffs along the river, including the glacially created “potholes”, otherworldly! Nice campground close to the water! We camped early in the season before the mosquitoes.

Amazing Waterfall

Fun to play in the water, go behind the waterfall and a good hike up 200 steps to view the falls from above! Beware in winter the hike down to the falls is a grueling one when icy and covered in snow.

Quiet getaway

Every site is a hike in site, including the three camper cabins. The trails are groomed enough that if you have a cart, you can pack your gear in that way too.

My wife and I stayed at camper cabin 1 on this Mon-Wed trip, and it is secluded and beautiful. You have to take a little bridge to get to it even.

There was a major storm that came through Sun-Mon, and this being a wetlands, things got muddy and buggy quick. The area around the cabin itself was good though as a breeze coming off the lake kept the bugs at bay.

The cabin itself is very cozy. Two bunks with queen on the bottom and twin on the top to sleep six total. A couple of good spots outside you can hang hammocks from too. Bring lighting as the cabin solar light only gives you a couple hours (assuming it could even charge up that day and it didn’t our first day) and it’s so wooded it gets dark very quickly. Everything is sealed up nice and tight too, so no bugs in the cabin unless you tear the screens or leave the door open.

All the necessary items to clean up the cabin were provided, broom, dustpan, spray bottle, cloth, bucket, so that made cleaning up easy.

I rated 4 stars based on three factors.

1. Park office is only open Friday through Sunday. Makes sense seeing as that if it’s not that busy of a place during this week of July 4th, I can’t imagine other weeks getting busier.

2. Rain can get things boggy quick, possibly closing the trail to your site even.

3. State website says fire wood is provided, and two cords were at the cabin when we got there, but nothing said we had to pay for the wood. It’s fine, but I’ll have to run into town as I didn’t bring cash with me to leave in the envelope at the office, since the office is closed during the week, which also means if I needed more than these two cords, I have to run to town… As of this review, cords were $6 at the park and $5.50 at the truck stop up by I-94.

Otherwise the place is great and I can imagine coming back again with friends and trying out the hike in tent sites too.

TLDR version: Great place, quiet on these weekdays during a holiday week, bring firewood, use a cart if you have one to bring things to your site.