Starks, LOUISIANA

Most Recent Starks Camping Reviews
Really beautiful park in the tall pines of east Texas

This park is near my home so we have camped here many times over the years.  It is well maintained and the landscape is well groomed.  There are usually park ranger run programs for children on a variety of subjects like animals found in the park, flora and fauna in the park etc. There are also canoe rentals for the more adventurous.  There are several hiking trails through the forest and a few geocaches for those who cache. Many families like to ride bikes through out the park.  The speed limit for cars is very low and most people seem to respect the limit, making it pretty safe for riders.There is a fishing area complete with fish cleaning stations.  When you visit, be sure to bring mosquito spray.  The mosquitoes tend to be aggressive especially on the trails and in the many areas near water. You will be miserable if you do not have mosquito spray. There is a small convenience store just across the bridge in case you forgot something.  Jasper, where we live is a 15 minute drive and there is a Wal-Mart there if the convenience store doesn't have what you need.

Quiet and Friendly

This is a new RV campground on Holly Beach. Level campsites, on thick concrete. Sites one through eight have beautiful metal roof pergolas, with lighting and a large square picnic table with 4 benches. Also has a good sized grill and electric hookups. We were in site 8 at the end with beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico and marshland! Our site was large enough to have a full size F250 and our 32 foot camper! If we had a boat or golf cart, there was room for that as well. Full hookups with new connections. They only make reservations 2 weeks ahead and sites are first come first serve. Check in is at noon, but if there's a site available before then, you are welcome to it. The owner was helpful and super sweet! The gulf Beach is easily accessible by a 5 minute or less walk, or by golf cart or vehicle. We will definitely return! Open year round.

Wonderful family fun

Such a beautiful park that was extremely clean and easy to enjoy. Their map was very easy to understand and it was packed full of activities for all ages to enjoy. Can’t wait to camp and enjoy it again!!

Beautiful Day Use Area

Great trails and kayaking in the slough!!! Beautiful SP!

Beach Livin’

We camped on the beach. It was pretty nifty! Sparse of people. Got to watch the sunrise and sunset. Not too much to do here though, other than beach activities. This place was recommended by a friend, and I enjoyed my stay.

Dirty Campground

I'm not one to give bad reviews frequently. And hopefully things have changed. But, back in 2016, this was one of the worst and dirtiest campgrounds we have ever stayed at. It wasn't dirt like normal outdoor activity dirt. It was dirt like the bathroom hadn't been cleaned in a year.

Great place if you're a heavy sleeper

The campground is located on the intracoastal waterway, just under a bridge. The sign says $4 for tents but the caretaker said it's $6 (still a bargain). He let us pay $4. Several of the sites had sheltered tables which was perfect for us since rain was in the forecast. The only problem was we were right on the water and near the bridge and my husband didn't sleep well with the traffic and boat noise. (I had a great night's sleep.) If you are a light sleeper I'd suggest a campsite away from both the water and the bridge. The showers were hot.

Nice spots and river walk

$20 for site with hookups plus $3/person/night. The sites are level with adequate spacing. Showers are clean and hot but pressure is lacking. They are the push kind so you must continually press to keep the water running. The river walk from the campground is really nice. Office is helpful and kind.

Nice Park

This is my return visit to this park I truly love coming here.