Alberta , LOUISIANA

Most Recent Alberta Camping Reviews
Corps of Engineer/Red River Waterway Commission RV Park

A few miles from Natchitoches, LA and the nicest RV park in the area. Well spaced concrete pad level RV Sites with gated access. Combination pull through sand back in that accommodated our 45 ft. motorhome and Jeep towed. Rich with grassy areas and trees. Each site has a fire pit/BBQ and picnic tables. Next to boat launch that takes you to the Red River. Nice activity center available to all campers. Very organized concrete surrounded hookups next to pads. Playground and activity building with full kitchen open to all campers.

Deserted, Buggy, But Nice!!

I thought I’d stay here because it said it was free on the app: IT IS NOT FREE. It’s cheap though! $12/night and you can book on the recreation.gov app.

If you want to tent camp or sleep in your car, only book sites 1-5. The others don’t seem to have flat spots for much of anything. Perhaps hammocking would work!

Upon arrival when I noticed the not-flat site I had booked, I easily switched my site via my booking to site 1, which is the best for car sleeping and in my opinion the best site at the campground. It is set off from the others and has a large flat grassy area. If it is busy it may be less desirable as it is right on the parking lot, but I’d still take it. That being said, I didn’t see a single soul while I was there.

Flush toilets, running water, and a spigot to fill up are provided. There is a boat ramp right by site 1. It was quite buggy even in early April, but I managed to keep moving and make a fire so the smoke would help the bugs stay away.

It is easy to find, and there is ATT cell service, 1-2 bars.

I’d definitely stay here again and hope to have time to explore more!

Clean!

Camping in the city. Campground was FULL and we got the last site. Not a lot of privacy at each campsite and had a tiny table and chairs right next to neighbors sewage hook up. We came in late and only stayed overnight so it wasn’t a huge deal. Felt safe and secure. Site 11 close to bathrooms. $60

Amazing

We love coming here with the kids just for a weekend get away

Overall nice park

Our first famcamp, not a bad start. They have a new area for short stays, everyone kept to themselves. Nice walking trail that circles the base. Stayed in January, ticks were really bad, despite not going into the woods. Great facilities.

Has everything I need including privacy

I was looking for a Louisiana location for an extended stay, I wanted to find a riverside, quiet location with large sites. A place where there was room for my travel trailer, boat, and truck. I found that and much more at Jones' Riverside Marina & RV Park.

It is in the country but not that far from the charming city of Natchitoches. The staff members are always friendly and helpful. There is a well-stocked store along with a carry-out restaurant (sit down part is closed due to covid-19). They have a free boat ramp and docks (very handy for me). The fishing is always good from the bank or a boat. My travel trailer is small but this facility is big rig friendly. I like the laid-back atmosphere and southern hospitality that is present here. This is not a huge, fancy, "resort", but those are not for me. I don't care for the crowds, noise, price, and many restrictions of those places. This RV Park emulates the real Louisiana!

Traditional campgrounds closed

Called to inquire on tent/dispersed camping on 1.14.21 and was told the park is currently closed except for "certified" RV spots. Since our Sprinter is self sufficient it isn't considered certified, they wouldn't reserve a space for us. 😔

Not to sure

Did an extended stay here, 3 months while working in the area. The staff is great and very helpful and friendly. The dog park is nice if you have them. Park is well maintained. There are only 2 reasons I couldn’t give them more than 3 stars, 1) on monthly rate they charge for electric which I get but it continued to go up even though outside temps continued to drop so no need for my A/C units. 2) During the last 4 nights of my stay there were multiple times I heard multiple gun fire in the area.

Lots of in and out traffic. I would recommend if your passing through the area and need to stop for a night or two but not long term.

A rare find!

Small park, lots of trees and walking/mtn bike trails. Beautiful lake, ducks, fishing piers, swimming beach, playground. Campground is right on the lake. No bad Rv spots! Spots have concrete pads. Full hookup. They take reservations, but not for a particular spot. A really wonderful place to get away! Staff very friendly.

Simple, clean

Very simple overnight quick pull in, pull out. Close to the interstate. Clean bathrooms. Excellent space in the two bathroom/shower combos. Very clean floors and laundry area.