Summerfield , KANSAS

Camping Kansas Summerfield

Most Recent Summerfield Camping Reviews
Not Bad - Depending on How Busy It Is

Not a bad lake to camp at; offers decent fishing, decent kayaking, and a swim beach. You may run into lots of party-folk depending on when you come here.

Good cell service; on Sprint I can get 4G and Sprint sucks so you should be good in that regard. Can get some really pretty lakeside spots if you get there early!

Good Mix of Country / 'Not Too Far From Town' Site

I've camped here a few times, not a bad place depending on the season. Can get pretty busy, but not as busy as Bluestem down the road.

We keep coming back!

We initially thought oh what a great overnight spot but have found this to be so much more! Location is perfect, quiet city park near police station. Walking/biking trails, playground, frisbee golf, restaurants with in walking distance, it’s a beautiful setting and the squirrels, black squirrels are everywhere. Limited spots with 30/50 amp are available, they are pull off as in drive over the curb and park. I did mention limited as in very few, I can’t express this enough as I think I saw 3 maybe 4 spots with electric hookups. Sites are free, donations accepted- box is located on the building that houses the restrooms and near water station.

We looked and looked for this place and never found any campground or signs for it. The roads were all narrow dirt and bumpy. Found unlit dirt parking in the wildlife management area where we able to turn around and go back. Ended up spending the night in the square of Geneva, NE.

Great Value

Wife found this lake on Google Maps.

We drove out on a Sunday to check it out, and was amazed by the quality of the sites for the money.

We camped the weekend of October 16th, 2020.

Dry Camping is$5 a night.

Electric (30AMP) sites are$10 a night.

We came out on a Thursday and got a sight(#5). The sites are gravel(white rock) and somewhat level. I was able to get level with our leveling blocks.

There were quite a few other campers, but the place was really quiet after 10PM.

The lake has good areas and a trail around the lake. We put in several miles walking the dog.

The lake is a"no wake" lake, so no speed boats. The lake is small enough that it would be an issue anyway. Great kayaking lake.

There is a dump site(free) on sight. non-potable water available at dump sight.

Fresh water near the campground (one spigot).

Our only complaint was that there were only two dumpsters near the electric campground. More trash receptacles would be nice. We picked up trash from fire rings in the tent sites, which was annoying.

We will definitely stay again next year, this time with kayaks.

Great weekend stay

Looking forward somewhere different to camp. Found Crystal Springs on Google Earth. Sites are big enough for our 38 foot 5th wheel with room to spare. Each site has 30 and 50 amp electric. Water also at each site. Picnic table is provided, we used our own fire ring. Three spring fed lakes to kayak or fish in. Even though lower camp ground was pretty full it was quiet. Would definitely recommend staying

Sunflower and butterfly galore!

My husband and I stayed in a site with beautiful trees and sunflowers growing all around us. The monarchs must have been migrating because they were all over the trees. You can drive down to the water. We didn’t see a lot of campers but there were quite a few people fishing off the shore. Bring bug spray, as the mosquitoes and chiggers were biting! Very quiet stay for a couple nights!

Beautiful views some of the campgrounds are better than others

Some of the campgrounds had beautiful views we chose one suited better for hammock camping. However people are partying down the road driving around at midnight racing through the campground. Wound up car camping that worked. This is a man built reservoir and they are working on the tubes so the water was low.. i was able to catch a catfish though. 😃

Rockford review

Large lake. Not overly crowded and very dispersed. Got a really good vibe from the RV area. Nice clean swimming plus the pads that float on the water. Decent fishing I caught two good sized in an hour. I would recommend if you are in the area. Only downfall is I got no cell phone service the whole time.

Back to the basics

Large park over 3,000 acres, plenty of hiking trails to enjoy. I really didn't see any trails suitable for bicycling, if biking around RV sites its very hilly and hard to ride. Forget about wifi, hard to find if you can find it at all and no attena tv, your really out in the middle of nowhere, but its a nice park to get away . Only downside, with 134 RV sites there is only one dump station, just dont get in a hurry leaving if you have to dump your RV.