Standard (Tent/RV)

No Water Hookups
Marion Cove is located in Michael J Kirwan Lake in Kansas
2 Reviews of Marion Cove
Primitive campground

Marion Cove is a primitive campground at Marion Reservoir. The sites are spacious with fire rings and you are able to self register. There is a shop with bait and firewood near but not in the campground itself.

Don't bother trying to picnic there...

I and my family drove quite a ways to enjoy this lake. My wife and I had come the week before to see if it would be a nice place to come and picnic for the day. We were impressed!!     BUT…  Today, unfortunately We found out this lake really caters to RVers and boaters. At least a third of the cottonwood cove area is closed (due to construction; no equipment, workers or evidence of construction on the roads or sites). We found a spot just off the boat launch that had a picnic table available. The rest of the park was full with campers.  We were trying to have a relaxing "SOCIALLY DISTANCED" evening. After an hour a golf cart pulls up and tells us we couldn't picnic there we were told "The rangers are coming" and if we try to go to the other side we would meet up with the sheriff🥴. I just wanted to enjoy what my tax dollars were paying for! I asked the law lady where we could picnic.  She had no idea. She finally came up with a site the campers didn't want and no where near where the kids could enjoy the water.  So much for a nice quiet evening. Very disappointed with a day the family was anticipating.  Note: the elderly golf cart lady was very nice.