Camping in Spencer

Recent Cabins Reviews Near Spencer, Kansas

83 Reviews of 18 Spencer, Kansas Campgrounds

Caitlin  R.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Lake view Loop is where to be!

We had a wonderful stay! Wonderful pull through spots, great views, and closer to the boat ramp!

SiteLakeview Loop
Steve F.
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

GOOD PEOPLE

Very well kept family friendly park.

Crystal E.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Good

Camp host was friendly. Very few primitive sites so we tent camped on an electric site. Clean facilities.

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

No rules campground at the lake

Spent one night here. Great place to hang out at the lake. Sites are good size and sufficiently far apart. Easy to move around in, even with a big rig. One problem though, rules are not being enforced and people take advantage of it. We were three spots away from a larger group of people partying…

D
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Nice park

Nice state park on the lake can be crowded and a little crazy on weekends.  Like most state parks no sewer hookups but easy access to dump station

Adira E.
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

What a shame

Set up my nice brand new tent on Sunday. Confiscated by Rangers on Tuesday while I was at work. My animals were sent to the Humane Society & sterilized. (Breeder meat rabbits). They claimed they had the authority to enter the tent to see if anyone was sick or dead. My name & phone number…

SiteNE side
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Carbolyn Park

Nice, shady spots with electric and water. It’s very quiet. For $18, can’t beat it.

Margo M.
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Kansas gem

Awesome location and beautiful surroundings. Loved our site - lots of shade, big picnic table, & right next to playground. Beach was in great condition. The whole family had a great time.

Myron C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

State Park with Various Camping Opportunities and Water Activities

This state park has so many camping opportunities, it almost seems unreal. I think there are at least four different camping areas, including an equestrian camping area and a primitive camping area for hammocks. There are cabins as well as sites for RVs. The most alluring sites, I believe, are…

Tanner P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Great for family and group trips

Had a hard time finding any place open for memorial weekend. We settled on Bloomington East. Most lakes in the area were flooded. And Clinton was no exception. My site was a muddy mess but I just joined up with a friend and we used a his single site for both our teardrops. Not quite as quiet…

Leni K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Okay Campground for Tenting

Campground is great overall, with a walkable trail just past the showers, clean restrooms and easy to access sites. There are only 3 basic tent sites, making it hard to nab. #4 had a decent amount of privacy, however most other electric sites do not. As an electric site, there was not a lot of…

• access to the campsite
  • 30 minute trail
  • view from camping trail
Site#4
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Beautiful park over-looking the Missouri River.

We only stay overnight and arrived late.  We thought we had a site on the river but the site map is a little deceiving as the campground is a good, long hike to the river.  Sites are very private, facilities are clean and it is super quiet.

Site#32
Tanner P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Beautiful view from less used sites.

I started the weekend off with a work camp trip here. We were in the larger camper site. They were very nice and accommodating! After everyone left I moved to a few non shore power site down by the water. Beautiful view, with a quiet serene feel.

Wil W.
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Very nice mind blowing

Everything was a million times better than expected

Siteb4