Linn , KANSAS

Most Recent Linn Camping Reviews
2020 Dec28

This is a great place to stay it’s about 30 minutes 20 minutes off of I 70 of very clean well-maintained no one bug me at all I don’t think there was another camper in the whole place morning sunrise was perfect over the water me and my dog slept very quietly and nicely all night long

Nice stop for a night

Fairly easy to find and the roads are decent. Plenty of camping on the lake. All camping sites on side of lake with entrance. Nice level sites. Plenty of fire wood to forage. Great fishing. Was the only one camping but had some beaver neighbors catching fish all night. No hikes but a jog around the lake was pleasant. Beautiful sunrise on the lake. Wildlife heard all around. I enjoyed my stay

Beautiful sunsets

Woodlands Hills campground has both primitive and electric and water sites available. Each site has a picnic table and fire ring are are nice and spacious. There are ADA sites available. This campground has water access and a beach area. I think it’s so neat how they have life jackets hanging in case you didn’t bring any. There are clean restrooms and shower house, a dump, and access to trails. There are group sites near by with extra long tables, volleyball,basketball,horseshoes,and trails.

Nice shady campground

Sunset Ridge is a small tenting campground along side sunset cabins. Sunset ridge is nicely shaded. Each site has a covered picnic shelter and grill. The sites are nice and spacious. The cabins to have large shelters with tables and grill. There are 5 cabins all with horse breed names and there is one that is ADA.

Some great water views and sunsets

We really enjoyed Prairie View campground. We were in site 116, which our camper door faced a cove of the lake and the boat ramp. It was like there was no one else camping by us. We were able to launch our kayaks a few feet from our campsite which was nice. Each campsite was equipped with electric and water, a fire ring,and a picnic table. The sunsets over the water were beautiful. The restrooms and shower were ok. There was a sign that stated it was only as clean as the last person who used it. Was t to excited about that during Covid. We were able to see a few blue heron and a Golden and a bald eagle. We will definitely be back as it was very peaceful

Quaint primitive campground

Walnut grove is a primitive campground. Each site has a fire ring and picnic table. Some of the sites have water views and shorelines that you could boat or kayak right up to. There are boat ramps, slips(called the Yacht club), basketball hoops, and 2.1 miles of trails. This campground also has restrooms and a shower house. The lake has excellent fishing.

Beautiful lake-Good fishing

Milford lake is a large beautiful lake near Junction City Kansas. There are 8 different campgrounds around the lake,3 cabin areas, multiple marinas and day use areas and swim beaches. There is an equestrian campground with stalls and trails. We really like Prairie View with our camper door facing the lake. Loved the wild life too

Spacious primitive sites

Cedar point has some very spacious primitive and tent sites. There are also some with electric and water. Some of the sites in this campground have nice water views. Most have fire rings and tables. There are restrooms, bath house, trash receptacles and a dump. There is also a swim beach and a hiking trail. It’s a very pretty area and this park has wildlife to view like the large flock of turkey vultures who live in the dead trees of cedar point.

Beautiful lake and campgrounds

This was a beautiful clean campground with a nice lake. Only complaint is that several of the restrooms were still closed due to a flood in 2019. We were able to find a lovely primitive camp site for hammock camping!!!

Quiet place to tuck away

Driving across Kansas can be long and tedious and I'm often looking for a place to primitive-car-camp on the cheap to get some sleep while crossing the country. This little lake worked perfectly for me. Not a huge detour from I-70 (maybe 20-30 minutes total) - I found the campground completely empty on a Monday night in early September and woke up with a picnic table and a fire pit next to a calm lake with jumping fish and just a few local fisherman visible in various spots. There were no annoying gates or camp managers or $ charges, and that's perfect for my purposes.. Made a cup of coffee by the lake and got back on the road. I didn't see bathroom/shower/electrical or any other "advanced" services so this is more for those of us who just need a peaceful place to tent camp.