The best DRIVE IN camping near
Grenola , KANSAS

Most Recent Grenola Camping Reviews
Right off the lake

This is a good campground if you’re looking to spend all day on the lake and go to sleep when you’re back on the land. It’s a pretty busy campground for boaters. There’s a dock near the entrance. It has hook ups for RVs. The facilities are iffy, there’s one set of pit toilets and a poorly maintained shower building.

Perfect COVID Escape

Surprising find in Oklahoma. Quiet, spacious and cheap. Great campground overlooking Hulah Lake and Dam on the Camry River. I really enjoyed my three night stay here. Decent nearby facilities and water and electric at most sites.

Great spot for a hammock getaway

We were surprised at how nice and lovely this place was. Put up the hammocks, persisted through some high winds, then had a peaceful and lovely time. Recommend

Wonderful Park

everything you’d expect from a State Park. Great hiking and trails, great atmosphere, and away from the hustle.

Osage Hills State Park & Pioneer Woman

If you are a fan of the Pioneer Woman aka Ree Drummond and love to travel Osage Hills State Park is your camping base. Park is about 45 minutes from the town of Pawhuska where the Mercantile & Pioneer Woman are based.

This state park is not far from where we live so we took a drive to see the foliage and scout out the camping area. There were some nice size sites for our RV, beautiful views, paved roads to push wheelchair around, even the primitive area, although not paved was good for pushing a wheelchair. . There is a large day area for picnics, a nice play ground, pool, trails, even tennis courts and a baseball field. Place to fish and just relax. . Definitely a nice place to get away and relax. My niece and nephews fave campground. . Tall Grass Prairie Preserve is close by as well. The Joseph H. Williams Tallgrass Prairie Preserve at 39,650 acres is the largest protected piece of tallgrass prairie left on earth. Urban sprawl and conversion to cropland have left this once expansive landscape, originally spanning across 14 states from Texas to Minnesota, at less than 4% of its original size . Take a drive through Tall Grass Prairie and you’ll probably see bison roaming.

Best camp hosts & beautiful, peaceful nights

My husband, 2 dogs, and I stayed here in our tent multiple weekends in a row this past summer. We went jugging in our canoe and caught some really good size blue cats. The camp hosts are the absolute best! And never ending gorgeous evenings spent by the campfire watching the sunset.

Peaceful & Beautiful Evening

My husband, 2 dogs, and I reserved a spot a short walk to the water. We had a relaxing evening grilling and sitting by the fire, enjoying the peaceful night under the stars.

Peaceful stay

My husband, our 2 dogs, and I stayed at the Equestrian Loop. We pulled in our PUP for a night sleep. The spot we chose to pop up was right near the water, and you could hear the waves hitting the shore all night long. A beautiful and peaceful sound.

Serenity

My husband and I, and our 2 dogs stayed here this evening. We picked a spot right on the point of the cove where we could see all of the lake and its beauty! Sat by our campfire and watched the gorgeous sunset. An evening/night of peace and quiet.

Ok but noisy at night

We must have camped at part central. Mud lake. Noisy.. crowded. Showers were closed and turned off and the bathrooms were dirty. No longer a favorite place to stay because of the partying. May need to relocate to the other side of the lake.