The best BOAT IN camping near
Corning , KANSAS

Most Recent Corning Camping Reviews
2020 Dec28

This is a great place to stay it’s about 30 minutes 20 minutes off of I 70 of very clean well-maintained no one bug me at all I don’t think there was another camper in the whole place morning sunrise was perfect over the water me and my dog slept very quietly and nicely all night long

Nice stop for a night

Fairly easy to find and the roads are decent. Plenty of camping on the lake. All camping sites on side of lake with entrance. Nice level sites. Plenty of fire wood to forage. Great fishing. Was the only one camping but had some beaver neighbors catching fish all night. No hikes but a jog around the lake was pleasant. Beautiful sunrise on the lake. Wildlife heard all around. I enjoyed my stay

Beautiful state park

Perry State Park is well maintained and manicured park. The primitive sites and RV sites are extremely close (especially the RV sites) other than that they have dedicated hammock sites!

Quiet place to tuck away

Driving across Kansas can be long and tedious and I'm often looking for a place to primitive-car-camp on the cheap to get some sleep while crossing the country. This little lake worked perfectly for me. Not a huge detour from I-70 (maybe 20-30 minutes total) - I found the campground completely empty on a Monday night in early September and woke up with a picnic table and a fire pit next to a calm lake with jumping fish and just a few local fisherman visible in various spots. There were no annoying gates or camp managers or $ charges, and that's perfect for my purposes.. Made a cup of coffee by the lake and got back on the road. I didn't see bathroom/shower/electrical or any other "advanced" services so this is more for those of us who just need a peaceful place to tent camp.

Beautiful views some of the campgrounds are better than others

Some of the campgrounds had beautiful views we chose one suited better for hammock camping. However people are partying down the road driving around at midnight racing through the campground. Wound up car camping that worked. This is a man built reservoir and they are working on the tubes so the water was low.. i was able to catch a catfish though. 😃

Rockford review

Large lake. Not overly crowded and very dispersed. Got a really good vibe from the RV area. Nice clean swimming plus the pads that float on the water. Decent fishing I caught two good sized in an hour. I would recommend if you are in the area. Only downfall is I got no cell phone service the whole time.

Back to the basics

Large park over 3,000 acres, plenty of hiking trails to enjoy. I really didn't see any trails suitable for bicycling, if biking around RV sites its very hilly and hard to ride. Forget about wifi, hard to find if you can find it at all and no attena tv, your really out in the middle of nowhere, but its a nice park to get away . Only downside, with 134 RV sites there is only one dump station, just dont get in a hurry leaving if you have to dump your RV.

Could be that hidden gem

This lake is probably about 50 acre lake next to the town Verdon. It is very secluded small campground. It is basic camping at it's finest. The park was empty when we were there on a Sunday other than a man fishing in a little boat. The park appears to be well maintained and clean, and fairly active with wildlife. There was fish jumping out there and cranes were on the lake. Bottom line this park appears to be everything a person would like who is a basic camper. This spring fed lake offers fishing, kayaking, canoe or trolling boats, (you supply), without the crowded campgrounds. It does have resemblance of Memphis Lake in Memphis from about 10 yrs ago.

Just might be my favorite

It has been many years since I went to this park. We use to take my oldest here when he was little. We finally came back, and right off the bat, while entering the park we see 2 eagles soaring above. We drove through the park and wow what a ecological beauty. You get down in the valley by the river you almost forget your in Nebraska. There are also several things to do in this park. First the obvious is all the miles, and miles of trails available, and the fishing. There is also horseback riding, discgolf, a archery range, shooting range. There is also a history museum of the area (which was closed due to covid), a living history area with a blacksmith, broom shop, and soap (which was also closed). There is also a old school house, the old town St Derion cementary, and half breed cementary. Also the stairs to the cave was closed (due to the floods of 2019). Even due to the park not fully open the place is a most see for any camper.

Great for car camping

Just car tent camped here with my fiancé and dog over the weekend. We had many camp sites to choose from because it’s back to school time in NE (timing, timing, timing)! Basic tent sights are first come, $15 a night. The park offered firewood ($6) and ice for sale. Lots of hiking trails with different levels of difficulty and elevation. Most drive up camp sites have outhouses nearby. We sometimes drove up to the group tent sites where they have clean bathrooms, running water and showers (need quarters for shower). We had a great time and enjoyed being surrounded by all the lovely trees. Staff were friendly and the park was clean. Only bummer is the steps to the “cave” is still closed.