The best DRIVE IN camping near
Alta Vista , KANSAS

Most Recent Alta Vista Camping Reviews
Great Place for entry level camping.

Cedar Park offers great vehicle access, lake access, fire rings, picnic tables, and bathrooms. Area is clean and there is beach access for fishing and Kayacking.

Quick and easy

Quick, easy, and inexpensive stay right off the interstate. Water and electric on site and easy pull through parking spots. Clean bathroom and shower. Not very quiet considering the interstate is right next to it.

2020 Dec28

This is a great place to stay it’s about 30 minutes 20 minutes off of I 70 of very clean well-maintained no one bug me at all I don’t think there was another camper in the whole place morning sunrise was perfect over the water me and my dog slept very quietly and nicely all night long

Quiet camping

Stayed here Father’s Day weekend in 2018.

Parking lot on a lake

This was a quick stop for us the Friday after thanksgiving. 9 min off the highway. there is a Christmas light display over the holiday causing traffic entering the park around 6 pm. The camping spots were just 2 parking spaces, there were tables around and some fire pits. The bathrooms were warm and very clean. My kids enjoyed walking around and seeing the lights. The lake is beautiful. Would stop again for a quick over night and a morning fish or walk.

Quick and easy stay

It was super easy to pull off the highway and stay for the evening. We called late, about 11pm and they were great over the phone and just had a slip we filled out the next morning. I wasn’t sure where to bathrooms were and it was late so it was hard to find where they were. There was road noise and what seemed like construction but it was dark enough and right off the highway for a quick stay.

Nice stop for a night

Fairly easy to find and the roads are decent. Plenty of camping on the lake. All camping sites on side of lake with entrance. Nice level sites. Plenty of fire wood to forage. Great fishing. Was the only one camping but had some beaver neighbors catching fish all night. No hikes but a jog around the lake was pleasant. Beautiful sunrise on the lake. Wildlife heard all around. I enjoyed my stay

Nice trees and shade

Quite pleasant. The campground is a bit dated, but more than adequate. The sites are pretty close together. There are quite a few camp sites who look like they live here long-term. For this style of campground, we liked it. Do have some ear plugs handy for the night time if you're a light sleeper. You can hear the highway and several trains come by.

Wide RV Sites w/ 30 amp

Great spot, the pull-thru RV pads are huge and the grass in between is sizable for each.

Easy

Just stayed for the night and it was an easy set up. Wide open lots that were level and the hookups were all lit up so easy to see at night. Huge grassy enclosed dog run which is priceless traveling across country with two dogs. The price was very decent and it served us well for an easy nightly stop.