The best BOAT IN camping near
Alta Vista , KANSAS

Most Recent Alta Vista Camping Reviews
2020 Dec28

This is a great place to stay it’s about 30 minutes 20 minutes off of I 70 of very clean well-maintained no one bug me at all I don’t think there was another camper in the whole place morning sunrise was perfect over the water me and my dog slept very quietly and nicely all night long

Parking lot on a lake

This was a quick stop for us the Friday after thanksgiving. 9 min off the highway. there is a Christmas light display over the holiday causing traffic entering the park around 6 pm. The camping spots were just 2 parking spaces, there were tables around and some fire pits. The bathrooms were warm and very clean. My kids enjoyed walking around and seeing the lights. The lake is beautiful. Would stop again for a quick over night and a morning fish or walk.

Nice stop for a night

Fairly easy to find and the roads are decent. Plenty of camping on the lake. All camping sites on side of lake with entrance. Nice level sites. Plenty of fire wood to forage. Great fishing. Was the only one camping but had some beaver neighbors catching fish all night. No hikes but a jog around the lake was pleasant. Beautiful sunrise on the lake. Wildlife heard all around. I enjoyed my stay

Great View

This was a just an overnight for us as we were traveling but really enjoyed it! Loved seeing the lake out the window in the morning. Had a covered picnic table, hook ups, shade, and fairly spaced out sites. Little town was nearby for gas and groceries.

Great View of the Lake

We pulled into this one kinda late at night so didn’t get to fully enjoy it. Sites were pretty close together and there was some event or something across the way that had really loud music until 11p or so. Waking up on the lake was amazing though!

Very Nice

Nice quiet spot. I will be back for sure.

Pleasant, Free, Crowded

I got here on a Friday night in late September and took the last available campsite. The site itself was very small, definitely not big enough for a trailer or RV, but fine for my Honda Civic. There was quite a bit of noise from a youth group out on the dock until 10:30pm. Good water access with the lake. Vault toilets were clean and convenient. Very little litter. No mosquitos, lots of creepy crawlers. Good road, no issues for a sedan. This place would be perfect if it weren’t for weekend noise and availability.

Beautiful sunsets

Woodlands Hills campground has both primitive and electric and water sites available. Each site has a picnic table and fire ring are are nice and spacious. There are ADA sites available. This campground has water access and a beach area. I think it’s so neat how they have life jackets hanging in case you didn’t bring any. There are clean restrooms and shower house, a dump, and access to trails. There are group sites near by with extra long tables, volleyball,basketball,horseshoes,and trails.

Nice shady campground

Sunset Ridge is a small tenting campground along side sunset cabins. Sunset ridge is nicely shaded. Each site has a covered picnic shelter and grill. The sites are nice and spacious. The cabins to have large shelters with tables and grill. There are 5 cabins all with horse breed names and there is one that is ADA.

Some great water views and sunsets

We really enjoyed Prairie View campground. We were in site 116, which our camper door faced a cove of the lake and the boat ramp. It was like there was no one else camping by us. We were able to launch our kayaks a few feet from our campsite which was nice. Each campsite was equipped with electric and water, a fire ring,and a picnic table. The sunsets over the water were beautiful. The restrooms and shower were ok. There was a sign that stated it was only as clean as the last person who used it. Was t to excited about that during Covid. We were able to see a few blue heron and a Golden and a bald eagle. We will definitely be back as it was very peaceful